Revisiting the Magaddino transcript - names

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bronx
Full Patched

Re: Revisiting the Magaddino transcript - names

Post by bronx »

HairyKnuckles wrote:
bronx wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:
bronx wrote:rava killed roberts on the sneak from what i heard
With all due respect, bronx, but that doesn´t make any sense. Rava was killed in 1957, Roberts in 1958.
not sure about the dates, but i would like to see it. thanks
Rava was last seen on 11-14-57 when he was arrested at the Appalachin meeting. Just few days after that, his wife filed a missing report with the NY Police.

Robilotto was killed September 6 or September 7, 1958.

The article was published in the Knickerbocker News September 8, 1958

Now, if the missing persons report filed by Rava´s wife was just a trick to keep him from being indicted I don´t know. When I think about it, it could actually be the case. But facts remains, Rava has not been seen since he was arrested at Appalachin.
Funny thing, Valachi said the same, that Robilotto was killed by Rava but he gave the year wrong (1957).

Please tell me your source bronx, so I can evaluate your infos level of plausibility.
great research Hairy, i can not divulge.even though he has been dead for about a decade.,.hope you understand..this is not from fbi reports.. the guy who told lived in that time frame and knew these guys very well..i will keep trying to see what these dates are off i found something that says both were gone in 58 just trying to make sure my info is on point..i welcome any and all input thanks for the follow up
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

B. wrote:Back to the Johnny Roberts topic...
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... 9&tab=page

Nick Bianco is telling Patriarca how he wants to get a guy named Sally made, but Patriarca says he can't make anyone right now. He uses Johnny Roberts as an example, says Roberts was "around for twenty-five years" before he was made. Says they only made him "four or five years" before he was killed. Talks about how he used to be "with Vito" (which Valachi confirms) and "Albert" (Anastasia) but he was never made even though "he knew everything that was going on".

Bianco says he heard that Roberts was "a wonderful guy".

The informant I mentioned earlier was definitely right that Roberts continued to be a hot topic in different families.
great find B. speaks to what i was told about how well liked roberts was..as i stated early on in this thread..as of right now until i seen when rava was killed i stick by what i remember being told ..i also would like to say.people have every right to question and challenge,that what these forums are about, i take no offense.. someone called me a liar..if that makes them feel better. o.k. by me. i am here to past time, share what i can , i welcome any info that can add to my assertions on any topic. look what B found, great find , someone quoted valachi on here saying it happened as i said.. can we have his info?
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

B. i found on hunts site, the american mafia..under dellacroce that rave was dead in 1958..maybe this can help with dates
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

The way Roberts was killed doesn´t seem to suggest he was done in on the sneak. His dead body was left in the open, which is not a smart way to do it if it´s on the sneak. Joe Biondo was accused by Gambino to have done killings on the sneak. Two of his victims Jimmy Feola simply vanished and Andy Alberti´s death was ruled suicide. I would think that´s the way to do somebody in on the sneak and not get caught. I refuse to think that Rava was an idiot, and neither was Roberts.

Bronx, perhaps you are misremembering or whoever told you is misremembering/got it wrong? Perhaps it was Johnny Roberts who killed Rava on the sneak and was killed in turn when the bosses found out? That would make more logical sense and would better cohere with what Magaddino is saying in the transcripts.

Another possibility is also worthy of consideration...Carlo Gambino killed Rava and with help of others spread the false word that Roberts had killed Rava on the sneak. An innocent Roberts would of course deny it. But that way, Gambino got rid of competition and two thorns in the side. Keep in mind that Gambino was made boss provisionally by the Commission on a three year term provided that peace, and not violence prevailed. "Oh that squirrel of a man..." (lol)
There you have it, never printed before.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

Thanks Hairy, all possibilities , scenarios. many guys are killed public on the sneak.who greater than castellano. 'maybe the cops killed paul' we will keep looking for an exact date for the deaths..his son dave is made with gambinos..not sure anyone knows that very low key. and his daughters are as tough as the grandfather..carried guns way back.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

bronx wrote:his son dave is made with gambinos..not sure anyone knows that
Pogo has him on the family list. JD posted info about Rava's son being made a couple years back.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

B. wrote:
bronx wrote:his son dave is made with gambinos..not sure anyone knows that
Pogo has him on the family list. JD posted info about Rava's son being made a couple years back.
thanks for the update,
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

David Rava's daughter (now deceased) was married to Michael Persico for a while I believe.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

he has a bunch all start with the letter D..another married johnny boy m. bonano guy.and another danny f.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... 8&tab=page

An informant's info on the Rava murder:

- Says Rava was killed in Florida in late 1957 or 1958 by soldier Toddo Avarello, a member of Rava's crew and a cousin of Jimmy Brown Failla (and future capodecina). He states that there had been bad blood between Avarello and Rava for some time.

- He says that Avarello and several others stopped Rava's car on a Florida highway. Rava had someone else with him described by the informant as a tall and slender male.

- Avarello and the hit team approached Rava and his companion, who had gotten out of the car, and Avarello informed him that he had the contract to kill him. Rava told Avarello he wasn't qualified to a kill a man of his stature. The hit team shot both Rava and his companion, killing the companion, but Rava continued standing and "looked contemptuously" at the shooters. This infuriated Avarello, who with the others began beating Rava with their guns until he went down.

- Rava and his companion were then buried somewhere.

- Dellacroce was able to get himself "reinstated" in the family following this.

If this is accurate, I assume the informant was present at the murder scene or was given a firsthand account from Avarello or someone else who was part of the hit team.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

B. wrote:https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... 8&tab=page

An informant's info on the Rava murder:

- Says Rava was killed in Florida in late 1957 or 1958 by soldier Toddo Avarello, a member of Rava's crew and a cousin of Jimmy Brown Failla (and future capodecina). He states that there had been bad blood between Avarello and Rava for some time.

- He says that Avarello and several others stopped Rava's car on a Florida highway. Rava had someone else with him described by the informant as a tall and slender male.

- Avarello and the hit team approached Rava and his companion, who had gotten out of the car, and Avarello informed him that he had the contract to kill him. Rava told Avarello he wasn't qualified to a kill a man of his stature. The hit team shot both Rava and his companion, killing the companion, but Rava continued standing and "looked contemptuously" at the shooters. This infuriated Avarello, who with the others began beating Rava with their guns until he went down.

- Rava and his companion were then buried somewhere.

- Dellacroce was able to get himself "reinstated" in the family following this.

If this is accurate, I assume the informant was present at the murder scene or was given a firsthand account from Avarello or someone else who was part of the hit team.
Is there a photo out there of this Rava?......Soliai
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

There's also one in the FBN book.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

So what this guy Aurello killed Rava ,never heard of that..very interasting..Rava's crew was huge..It was Fatico,Dellacroce and Rizzo/Ferrara/Aurello crews put together..Allways seemed to me that Rava was a real tough guy..Should of been UB not Biondo,in my opinion..Was Aurello from Red hook like Rava was?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Seems "Angelino" from the Chicago meeting during the Castellammarese war might be Angelo Caruso. One translation said "Angelino" was representing Vincenzo Troia, but another translation and more context make it clear he was accusing Troia and trying to get Magaddino to join in on the accusations, which Magaddino refused. This was after Troia (as a member of the peace commission) prevented the others from voting for Masseria's death, which pissed off his ally Maranzano. At this time Angelo Caruso was a top aide to Maranzano and selected as his underboss, plus he is mentioned in context with these events, so seems possible he was in Chicago doing Maranzano's bidding behind the scenes.