(Part One) The Godfather of Staten Island

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AntComello
Full Patched

Re: (Part One) The Godfather of Staten Island

Post by AntComello »

A2148507-2BC1-4D2A-9C72-E5F4E527CDF4.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

The Fresh Prince of the Brooklyn Metropolitan Detention Center.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:09 am The Fresh Prince of the Brooklyn Metropolitan Detention Center.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

All of these guys are the most dumbest of all time. Non of them were smart they don’t have what it takes there a laughing stock.
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

This is the new garbage running around 2020 in New York isn’t that a shame
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

They talk in circles Yo, Bro nothing but a bunch of low life wiggers from Staten Island.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:51 pm They talk in circles Yo, Bro nothing but a bunch of low life wiggers from Staten Island.
Yeah, everyone laughed at Charles Stango's son in 2015 for talking like that on wiretaps, but it's pretty much the norm now for younger Italian-American hoodlums, from what I can tell.

NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Listen here Gotti Senior was a terrible mob boss he’s known as the guy that brought the Gambino Family down. But atleast he didn’t think he was black speaking ghetto and acting like a wigger. These jerks are covered with tattoo’s and wear Jordan sneakers. I mean come on look at the originals godfathers that created the LCN it’s like a slap in the face. All these kids in the indictment are mob obsessed they read books and watch movies.
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

This is a good article but it really makes this Amato crew look weak in terms of respect on the streets but I get it that your saying they were making good money. It’s sounds like with the Luke’s and Bonnanos are a big step up from the Columbos and are much more likely to be feared and respected because they are still so quick to use violence. It really puts the 5 families into 3 easy to see tiers the two G s at the tops Bonannos and Luke’s 2nd in that order and the Columbos coming in just barely getting to the finish line....
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Mason_dixon wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:30 pm This is a good article but it really makes this Amato crew look weak in terms of respect on the streets but I get it that your saying they were making good money. It’s sounds like with the Luke’s and Bonnanos are a big step up from the Columbos and are much more likely to be feared and respected because they are still so quick to use violence. It really puts the 5 families into 3 easy to see tiers the two G s at the tops Bonannos and Luke’s 2nd in that order and the Columbos coming in just barely getting to the finish line....
I honestly think Joseph Amato had more “respect” than he had power. If you look behind the smoke and mirrors, that crew relied heavily on the Amato surname to get anything done. The Bosco situation was resolved with the mention of “Big Joey A,” and Thomas Scorcia only defended himself once he became a formal member of the borgata.

Also, think about what Joey Amato Jr. said when he was confronted by Neil Devito. “Do you know who my father is?” To me, that sort of stuff shows that the crew is mostly a shell of what a real Mafia “regime” should be. To the rest of the LCN, Joey Amato is the undisputed Colombo boss of Staten Island, and he’s got connections with the Bonannos and Luccheses on the island. But the crew itself was pretty ramshackle, and lacked the muscle, rackets, and street presence to really earn their respect.

That’s the way I see it. Obviously, you could paint Joey Amato in a different light because, at the end of the day, he’s still a scary motherfucker. He was involved in the murder of an 18-year-old in 1991, and involved in various other murder conspiracies during the Colombo war. The fact that he was able to, within a decade, go from being a wayward family renegade to a powerful captain only supports this. If he was given a few more years on the street with Skinny Teddy Persico, we could’ve had another William Cutolo situation on our hands, since Amato and Skinny Teddy’s crews overlapped a lot, and I can’t imagine those two big egos would get along considering they were out to whack each other two decades earlier.

Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:32 am
Mason_dixon wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:30 pm This is a good article but it really makes this Amato crew look weak in terms of respect on the streets but I get it that your saying they were making good money. It’s sounds like with the Luke’s and Bonnanos are a big step up from the Columbos and are much more likely to be feared and respected because they are still so quick to use violence. It really puts the 5 families into 3 easy to see tiers the two G s at the tops Bonannos and Luke’s 2nd in that order and the Columbos coming in just barely getting to the finish line....
I honestly think Joseph Amato had more “respect” than he had power. If you look behind the smoke and mirrors, that crew relied heavily on the Amato surname to get anything done. The Bosco situation was resolved with the mention of “Big Joey A,” and Thomas Scorcia only defended himself once he became a formal member of the borgata.

Also, think about what Joey Amato Jr. said when he was confronted by Neil Devito. “Do you know who my father is?” To me, that sort of stuff shows that the crew is mostly a shell of what a real Mafia “regime” should be. To the rest of the LCN, Joey Amato is the undisputed Colombo boss of Staten Island, and he’s got connections with the Bonannos and Luccheses on the island. But the crew itself was pretty ramshackle, and lacked the muscle, rackets, and street presence to really earn their respect.

That’s the way I see it. Obviously, you could paint Joey Amato in a different light because, at the end of the day, he’s still a scary motherfucker. He was involved in the murder of an 18-year-old in 1991, and involved in various other murder conspiracies during the Colombo war. The fact that he was able to, within a decade, go from being a wayward family renegade to a powerful captain only supports this. If he was given a few more years on the street with Skinny Teddy Persico, we could’ve had another William Cutolo situation on our hands, since Amato and Skinny Teddy’s crews overlapped a lot, and I can’t imagine those two big egos would get along considering they were out to whack each other two decades earlier.
Which Colombo crew would you say has the most power/respect on the streets today ?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Gabagool718 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:06 am

Which Colombo crew would you say has the most power/respect on the streets today ?
Respect/Power is really hard to measure and is normally only measured in hindsight. But in terms of family politics, the Persico surname still holds the most weight, and I imagine the main players today are Skinny Teddy Persico’s men, and the Russo/Gioeli crew. Skinny Teddy has a lot of hoods around him that essentially worship him, according to court papers and Kenny Gallo’s book, and also has broader connections across the Colombo family such as strong ties to the former Greg Scarpa crew, extended Colombo relatives like Anthony Stropoli and Andre D’Apice, and Tom Petrizzo.

The Gioeli/Russo crew is still a big deal too, because Andy Russo and Tommy Gioeli have essentially been the people carrying out the Persico brood’s orders on the street. The problem is that Gioeli and his core crew have been essentially dismantled, and Andy Russo is an old man. The only way that crew still bears relevance is if the wider Long Island crew have been more involved in family politics, which is a long shot considering the majority of them are ex-Orena guys.

Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 am
Gabagool718 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:06 am

Respect/Power is really hard to measure and is normally only measured in hindsight. But in terms of family politics, the Persico surname still holds the most weight, and I imagine the main players today are Skinny Teddy Persico’s men, and the Russo/Gioeli crew. Skinny Teddy has a lot of hoods around him that essentially worship him, according to court papers and Kenny Gallo’s book, and also has broader connections across the Colombo family such as strong ties to the former Greg Scarpa crew, extended Colombo relatives like Anthony Stropoli and Andre D’Apice, and Tom Petrizzo.

The Gioeli/Russo crew is still a big deal too, because Andy Russo and Tommy Gioeli have essentially been the people carrying out the Persico brood’s orders on the street. The problem is that Gioeli and his core crew have been essentially dismantled, and Andy Russo is an old man. The only way that crew still bears relevance is if the wider Long Island crew have been more involved in family politics, which is a long shot considering the majority of them are ex-Orena guys.
You think it’s safe to say that skinny is gonna be boss ? And that Gioieli will pick back up when he gets out? Still amazes me that he’s coming home after all the things he got charged with .. damn sure pays to have a good lawyer
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

And where does Joel waverly fit in the new scheme of things ? Sorry if I’m asking 52 questions like some noob But I’ve been really interested in the Colombo’s as of late and your knowledge/insight is incredible!
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

The Colombo family was never really such a powerful family they were always smaller and weaker out of the New York families. Many members have died of natural causes or behind bars. And there are several that are still behind bars and never coming out also Many guys are also retired and inactive. It looks like there is no future for the Colombo family it just consists of a small crew of low ranking guys into blue collar crimes