More than a dozen locked up on gambling and extortion charges in staten island

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Flushing
Straightened out

Re: More than a dozen locked up on gambling and extortion charges in staten island

Post by Flushing »

Wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA team that they tried to bribe wasn't Seton Hall. The Pieates have been very good in the 2010's. St. Johns and Rutgers have been dreadful.

And the Seton Hall campus is closest to their gambling base. Just an unscientific guess.

I mean who else could it be? People dont bet on monmouth, princeton, columbia, etc. There are only three major ncaa teams in the area: seton hall, st. Johns and rutgers. Maybe Hofstra.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Re: More than a dozen locked up on gambling and extortion charges in staten island

Post by NJShore4Life »

I was thinking maybe Wagner on Staten Island but there usually isn’t spreads for their games unless they’re playing a bigger school or it’s their Conference Tournament. I LOVE betting college hoops!!
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:10 pm I was thinking maybe Wagner on Staten Island but there usually isn’t spreads for their games unless they’re playing a bigger school or it’s their Conference Tournament. I LOVE betting college hoops!!
The kid, Benjamin Bifalco, is from Wagner.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Son of Colombo crime capo loses $1M bail for blabbing daddy’s name around town

https://nypost.com/2019/10/04/son-of-co ... ound-town/
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Supposedly this is Amato?

Joseph-Amato.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

love that picture Corner..iconic
BeatiPaoli
Straightened out

Post by BeatiPaoli »

To Everyone: As I was reading one of the New York Post articles linked through this thread on this Colombo bust, I saw some additional articles along the right hand margin. One of them referenced how quotes from "The Godfather" were caught on tape being spoken by one of the suspects. In continuing reading the thread, the article references a making ceremony performed on December 18, 2018 (IIRC), and 2 individuals were made, one of the now-indicted and a "CI." I know Gohnjotti referenced this making ceremony in the 5 Families induction thread, but I am VERY surprised this was not mentioned with any significant prominence on this thread!!! Did I miss something? Has the subject of a CI being inducted into the Colombo Family in December 2018 already been discussed somewhere else on this Forum and everyone has exhausted the subject? Who is the "CI"?

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

Moscone65 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:58 am Gravano said the godfather part one is what motivated him to join the mob
That’s not exactly what he said. He was with the Colombo’s before that movie ever came out.

He said got involved because of the money, greed, fast cars, women and to be part of a brotherhood.

He said the GF was the best interpretation of the life that he had seen.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:37 am Didnt Capeci say Amato is very powerful, 60 years old and stalking women hahaha loser
that was Amato Senior? I figured it was the kid. Jesus...

what’s Amato Senior’s girl even doing taking the bus? lol
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:08 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:37 am Didnt Capeci say Amato is very powerful, 60 years old and stalking women hahaha loser

Who said she took the bus? Nobody until you just did.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

She didn't take the bus. She put the tracking device on the bus.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Taking a bus is not out of the ordinary, especially in a city where driving is tough and parking is tough to find. Even made guys will take a train or a bus if it suits them.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:15 pm

Who said she took the bus? Nobody until you just did.
i see. it WAS Amato senior , not Junior, and the girl took the device off her car and it ended up on the bus some how. jesus. from the stalking and the texts, i figured that was Amato Junior. definitely not 60 year old man behavior...those texts
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

willychichi wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:50 pm Son of Colombo crime capo loses $1M bail for blabbing daddy’s name around town

https://nypost.com/2019/10/04/son-of-co ... ound-town/
That’s awesome and so fitting :)
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

bert wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:20 pm

Taking a bus is not out of the ordinary, especially in a city where driving is tough and parking is tough to find. Even made guys will take a train or a bus if it suits them.
i know. i grew up in the city. still live here. i dont know one person on staten island who uses public transportation, besides working stiffs who take the ferry into the city. which the girlfriend of a capo definitely doesnt fit the mold of

but i misunderstood it. she removed the device from her car and put it on the bus to sabotage his efforts