Could you be a wiseguy???

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: Could you be a wiseguy???

Post by Angelo Santino »

East Bronx wrote:
Tag wrote:
B. wrote:In answer to the original question of this topic, here is how you know whether or not you have what it takes me to be a wiseguy:

You click the "Hide my online status" checkbox whenever you log into the forum.

That's it. That's the online equivalent of pricking your finger and mumbling some broken Italian about never betraying your friends.
No. It's the online equivalent of being a coward.
Ouch :lol:.
I disagree. I don't see it as being a coward (although many of them are), I see it as one failing at life. No one wants to wake up in the morning and say: "I'm a dirtbag," but in this world, a man must make his daily bread and many people don't see beyond the horizon. And unfortunately some are stuck in a "do or die" situation. I'm not gonna argue that you have just as many wannabes who seen too many movies but there is an element of authentic "no other choice" criminals out there.

There used to be this atmosphere "where people didn't have alot of opportunities." It's a time which people thought was bygone, but in this current economy, there's workers at fast food being arrested for selling heroin at the drive through. OC is and will always be economical, and the mafia, or any OC group is infused with contemporary criminals will reflect that. The Mafia has succeeded because it was never a "black hand" or bootlegging or drug dealing group, it's members were brought in as criminal literatos of the day and If the color pink became illegal tomorrow, OC would excel in pink-colored products and the best "pinklegger" would be inducted. At least that's how I see it, disagreements always welcome.
Last edited by Angelo Santino on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

@Christie: I only said ouch because I hide my online status most of the time :lol:.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

East Bronx wrote:@Christie: I only said ouch because I hide my online status most of the time :lol:.
I was slightly disagreeing with Cheech. I hide my online status too but I believe it was B who equated online status to masculine parts. He's got the balls of a Cromwell, I never seen this guy in a beef but I can tell he'll nail someone's nuts to the wall with a grammatical jackhammer. In other words with B: if you got too much lead in your pencil, he'll leave you with no one to write to. A salut.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Chris Christie wrote:
East Bronx wrote:@Christie: I only said ouch because I hide my online status most of the time :lol:.
I was slightly disagreeing with Cheech. I hide my online status too but I believe it was B who equated online status to masculine parts. He's got the balls of a Cromwell, I never seen this guy in a beef but I can tell he'll nail someone's nuts to the wall with a grammatical jackhammer. In other words with B: if you got too much lead in your pencil, he'll leave you with no one to write to. A salut.

But I agree with your post. What did I say you disagree with?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Tag
Straightened out

Post by Tag »

I think Christie just said you failed at life for riding in stealth mode. Now that's an OUCH for sure. Wow that was harsh.
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Cheech wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:

But I agree with your post. What did I say you disagree with?
That they are all cowards, I agreed with everything else you said in this post and past ones... My opinion- just that- is that even rats like Gravano, Leonetti and Casso had some ferocious reputations that inspired fear in people who are liars, thieves and murderers.
Tag wrote:
I think Christie just said you failed at life for riding in stealth mode. Now that's an OUCH for sure. Wow that was harsh.
No he failed at golf because I wasn't his partner so I put the malocchio on him. Now it's like he's aiming for the lake or the sand.
IRA
Straightened out

Post by IRA »

Last edited by IRA on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
IRA
Straightened out

Post by IRA »

Last edited by IRA on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

@chrischristie don't remember calling them cowards. Maybe I did. Get what you're saying. But def not all cowards. I may have been out of context. Don't recall saying that word. I believe you.

But you have to remember in my old neighborhood I see all these wanna be kids. Young twenties. Skinny as fuck. Looking like a meth head. Trying to be tough. It's comical.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Cheech wrote:@chrischristie don't remember calling them cowards. Maybe I did. Get what you're saying. But def not all cowards. I may have been out of context. Don't recall saying that word. I believe you.

But you have to remember in my old neighborhood I see all these wanna be kids. Young twenties. Skinny as fuck. Looking like a meth head. Trying to be tough. It's comical.
It was B., my "B" yo.

As for the "old neighborhood," aren't you glad Eminem isn't popular anymore? I wanted to take a lead pipe to every asshole with bleach blonde hair and a silver necklace back in the early 2000's.
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

IRA wrote:
Chicago wrote:@IRA
I was talking about regular young people, not young mob guys.
Regular young people think the Mafia is folk lore from 100 years ago. Do you understand?
Nobody is afraid of the Mafia anymore, including its own members. That's why there are so many informants.
I guarentee you someone close to you is an informant, you just don't know it.

Concerning the Fear factor:
If you walked up to a legitimate business owner in Chicago and tried to shake him down with this Mafia talk, he would laugh you out of his store and then call the Police. People are not afraid of the Mafia anymore. Without fear, the Mafia cannot succeed.

Concerning street knowlwdge:
The Feds are not members of the Mafia and they haven't been to jail but they know wayyy more than anybody on this Forum.
John Gotti Junior is a member of the Mafia and has been to jail.
However, there are a lot of guys on this Forum who are wayyy smarter and know how to succeed in life wayyy better than that dumb asshole.

Summary:
Being part of an Organized Crime group and having done time in jail doesn't make anyone an expert on how to succeed in Organized Crime in America. There is no future in it.
Again, no offense to anyone, but those are the cold hard facts.
You cannot belong to the Mafia in 2015 without going to Jail, losing a lot a money, and ending up being virtually a brokester AT SOME POINT.
Regular young people do not think it's folk lore. Yea maybe fucking yuppie kids from the suburbs, but city kids who have no ties know exactly what it is. You know all it tho big man. You can believe what you think it is and I'll believe what I know it is. Who's talking about shaking down legit business owners? Just you. The fear is still there in people involved with it. I don't give two shits about Junior Gotti, he doesn't concern me and the Feds do not, I will fucking repeat do not know everything. Experience, smarts and know how is what make people succeed in that lifestyle. I'm not even gonna get into this over a fucking internet message board. You think every state in the US has nothing going on and money making criminals are no more, but your wrong. We are talking 2 different things pal and I don't give a shit what you know about the Chicago Outfit cause you don't know a fucking thing about Boston and what goes on except what you read in the papers and on these sites. And the only Boston/Providence people talked about on here are Italian OC players, you have no clue about all the other places around here. So just stop acting like you know everything fucking thing and what the future holds for anyone. That's my whole point in this argument, if your smart you can turn it into legit business and legit work. End of story
For the record I know and agree there is other Oc in Boston other than Italians . Irish, Albanian black Gangs and bikers all come to mind . I only speak about the italian OC because thats all that interest me . I am a middle age man who grew up in eastie and just like reading and discussing this stuff cAuse it reminds me of the old days . It makes no difference to me who is biggest and baddest cause it makes no difference in my life . Come Monday I have another 50-60 hour work week this is just a hobby
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

IRA wrote:
Chicago wrote:@IRA
I was talking about regular young people, not young mob guys.
Regular young people think the Mafia is folk lore from 100 years ago. Do you understand?
Nobody is afraid of the Mafia anymore, including its own members. That's why there are so many informants.
I guarentee you someone close to you is an informant, you just don't know it.

Concerning the Fear factor:
If you walked up to a legitimate business owner in Chicago and tried to shake him down with this Mafia talk, he would laugh you out of his store and then call the Police. People are not afraid of the Mafia anymore. Without fear, the Mafia cannot succeed.

Concerning street knowlwdge:
The Feds are not members of the Mafia and they haven't been to jail but they know wayyy more than anybody on this Forum.
John Gotti Junior is a member of the Mafia and has been to jail.
However, there are a lot of guys on this Forum who are wayyy smarter and know how to succeed in life wayyy better than that dumb asshole.

Summary:
Being part of an Organized Crime group and having done time in jail doesn't make anyone an expert on how to succeed in Organized Crime in America. There is no future in it.
Again, no offense to anyone, but those are the cold hard facts.
You cannot belong to the Mafia in 2015 without going to Jail, losing a lot a money, and ending up being virtually a brokester AT SOME POINT.
Regular young people do not think it's folk lore. Yea maybe fucking yuppie kids from the suburbs, but city kids who have no ties know exactly what it is. You know all it tho big man. You can believe what you think it is and I'll believe what I know it is. Who's talking about shaking down legit business owners? Just you. The fear is still there in people involved with it. I don't give two shits about Junior Gotti, he doesn't concern me and the Feds do not, I will fucking repeat do not know everything. Experience, smarts and know how is what make people succeed in that lifestyle. I'm not even gonna get into this over a fucking internet message board. You think every state in the US has nothing going on and money making criminals are no more, but your wrong. We are talking 2 different things pal and I don't give a shit what you know about the Chicago Outfit cause you don't know a fucking thing about Boston and what goes on except what you read in the papers and on these sites. And the only Boston/Providence people talked about on here are Italian OC players, you have no clue about all the other places around here. So just stop acting like you know everything fucking thing and what the future holds for anyone. That's my whole point in this argument, if your smart you can turn it into legit business and legit work. End of story
It's the same thing in Cleveland/Youngstown/Pittsburgh. While the structured hierarchy of an Italian Mafia family is gone, there are still some left over made guys and many associates who do their own thing. My cousin was a pretty large bookmaker for the Cleveland group and then got into some narcotics trafficking. Long story short, he got popped, did almost 8 years in federal prison in Milan, Michigan and by the time he got out, some of the high ranking guys were doing long stretches so he and a few others opened a vending company for tax purposes and hooked up with a few Italians from Erie, PA and Buffalo, NY and had a stolen car ring from Cleveland to Toronto, Canada. They would strip the cars for parts and sell to salvage yards which paying top dollar for scrap metal. Once he stashed enough money away, he and a few guys opened an online sports betting site down in the Caribbean. I guess my point is that even after the Cleveland Mob no longer functioned in the traditional sense, alot of the guys got into other types of rackets and money making schemes. At the end of the day, they have been career criminals.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.