Genovese Family Administration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Genovese Family Administration

Post by Frank »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:44 am When Danny Leo became acting boss around 2006, Mario Gigante became his acting underboss. So at that time, there was no ruling panel. Correct me if I´m wrong but I don´t think Mario Gigante has been identified as a member of a ruling panel, or ever as an acting boss.
Yes Mario was identfied as being on the ruling panel after his June 2001 release from prison. He is listed on the Black Hand Genovese Family lineage chart. Leo became acting boss in 2005, before Chin died. If the panel was disbanded upon the naming of Leo as acting boss, than it is possible that Mario Gigante was his acting underboss, but I have never read anything about him as acting underboss. I could speculate that the panel was disbanded for awhile, with most of the panel members and former acting bosses locked up at the time. Just off hand in 2005 Cirillo, Dentico, Antico, Iannello and Barbato we're all taken off the street in a matter of months.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Stumbled across this part of a Capeci article from June 2006...

During the prior six months, the bugs had picked up Ardito and several associates, including mob lawyer Peter Peluso, discussing loan-sharking, labor racketeering, fraud, extortion, and other crimes they and family leaders allegedly were involved in. Five of them - Liborio "Barney" Bellomo, Dominick "Quiet Dom" Cirillo, Ernest Muscarella, Lawrence "Little Larry" Dentico and Mario Gigante - have reputedly served as acting bosses.

https://www.nysun.com/new-york/buster-a ... ugs/34885/
All roads lead to New York.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Great find and article! I'll never understand why mob guys do not carefully safeguard against electronic
surveillance as best they can. Cell phones?! Same table at same restaurant?! And why do they talk openly
about past crimes that carry long sentences? Let the past, stay in the past.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

eboli wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:18 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:49 am Anyone know if DeLuca is still alive, active?
As far as I know he's alive and in semi-retirement (possibly retired at this point) since his release.
Cheers

Current ages of members of interest:
Lawrence Dentico: 95
Dominick Cirillo: 88
Ernest Muscarella: 74
John Barbato: 84
Mario Gigante: 94
Alan Longo: 68
Pasquale DeLuca: 86
Liborio Bellomo: 61

I'm surprised Muscarella's so 'young'. Everyone else (Barney and Longo excluded) are most likely retired or acting in a reduced capacity given their ages.
At a guess I'd have to say Ernie could possibly play a part with Petey Reds demise and no known UB. Surely Ernie would be a good guess to fill one of those spots?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:05 am Stumbled across this part of a Capeci article from June 2006...

During the prior six months, the bugs had picked up Ardito and several associates, including mob lawyer Peter Peluso, discussing loan-sharking, labor racketeering, fraud, extortion, and other crimes they and family leaders allegedly were involved in. Five of them - Liborio "Barney" Bellomo, Dominick "Quiet Dom" Cirillo, Ernest Muscarella, Lawrence "Little Larry" Dentico and Mario Gigante - have reputedly served as acting bosses.

https://www.nysun.com/new-york/buster-a ... ugs/34885/
That real interesting. Wasn't aware of Dentico and M. Gigante being acting boss. Just members of ruling panel. Looks like Gigante was acting boss in the 2005 to 2006 time period according to this article. I would speculate that if this is correct, that Dentico was probably acting boss when he went to that Commission meeting in 2000.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:35 am why do they talk openly about past crimes that carry long sentences? Let the past, stay in the past.
Every time you talk about a crime you're re-committing it.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

It's interesting that Ardito was trying to get Bellomo, Cirillo and Muscarella to rule from prison or jail about the table at Rao's. Why not the acting boss on the street??. These guys must of held more power or rank than M. Gigante or Leo. Maybe it happened before Cirillo was indicted. But wouldn't the Chin have been still living? If it was in 2005. I wonder if those three were at that time the new official administration and the Rao's table incident happened in 2006 after the Chin died?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Frank wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:12 pm It's interesting that Ardito was trying to get Bellomo, Cirillo and Muscarella to rule from prison or jail about the table at Rao's. Why not the acting boss on the street??. These guys must of held more power or rank than M. Gigante or Leo. Maybe it happened before Cirillo was indicted. But wouldn't the Chin have been still living? If it was in 2005. I wonder if those three were at that time the new official administration and the Rao's table incident happened in 2006 after the Chin died?
"I don't know what the hell's going on out there. But I'll tell you one thing, they're all going to get pinched if they want to make issues and sit-downs over issues like this."

:lol:

Anyway, while I have a rough timeline below, I don't think we have enough info to make a solid, definitive one. And we should be careful about forcing things too much to make one

Late 1980's - Barney Bellomo made acting boss after Vincent Gigante is indicted in the Widows case.

June 1996 - Barney Bellomo indicted. Dominick Cirillo becomes acting boss some time thereafter.

May 1998 - Dominick Cirillo steps down after a heart attack. Frank Serpico follows as acting boss but steps down some time between then and April 2001 when he's indicted as the "former" acting boss. Whenever that was, apparently Ernie Muscarella followed as acting boss.

January 2002 - Ernie Muscarella indicted as acting boss. An later FBI report in November 2008 said Muscarella had been on a ruling panel with Dominick Cirillo (not clear how long he was out of commission from his 1998 heart attack) and Danny Leo. The report also confirmed that Nigro, who was reported to be acting boss in November 2003, succeeded Muscarella on the panel when Muscarella went to prison.

December 2002 - March 2005 - This was the time frame of Garcia's undercover work. At some point during this, Garcia said Pasquale DeLuca was acting boss (possibly on ruling panel?). The November 2008 FBI report mentioned above DeLuca had been a captain of a different crew than the Bellomo/Muscarella/Nigro crew. Possibly Leo's???

January 2005 - Dominick Cirillo, Larry Dentico, and Mario Gigante reported by Capeci to be on ruling panel.

April 2005 - Dominick Cirillo indicted as acting boss.

July 2005 - Matthew Ianniello indicted as "an" acting boss, as opposed to "the" acting boss. This is wording is probably intentional by the feds, which suggests he was on the ruling panel.

June 2006 - Capeci reports Barney Bellomo, Dominick Cirillo, Ernest Muscarella, Larry Dentico and Mario Gigante had served as acting bosses.

December 2006 - Danny Leo identified as acting boss (from his previous position on the ruling panel) and indicted as such in May 2007.

June 2009 - NY Daily News article identifies Benny Mangano (Oct 2006), Ernie Muscarella (Jan 2008), Barney Bellomo Dec 2008), and Larry Dentico (May 2009) on a "rotating panel" of recently released senior members running the family.

September 2009 - NY Times article identifies Tino Fiumara as being on a "three man panel" running the family.

February 2010 - Artie Nigro indicted as the "former" acting boss.

February 2014 - Wall Street Journal article reports the family is believed to be still run by a ruling panel.

February 2016 - Capeci reports that Barney Bellomo is boss and is using captain Peter "Petey Red" DiChiara as acting/street boss to relay orders.
Last edited by Wiseguy on Wed May 09, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All roads lead to New York.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Barney talking about rao's table dispute
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Great Post WG 👍
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Cheech wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:30 pm Barney talking about rao's table dispute
Barney throwing a Barney.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:26 pm July 2005 - Matthew Ianniello indicted as "an" acting boss, as opposed to "the" acting boss. This is wording is probably intentional by the feds, which suggests he was on the ruling panel.
Yeah, it was intentional. The feds wanted to be known they busted the leadership of the family and since they didn't have official titles they had to underline it in official documents. From the Cirillo indictment:
"With these arrests, law enforcement has effectively dismantled the present leadership of the Genovese family of La Cosa Nostra,"
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:26 pm
Frank wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:12 pm It's interesting that Ardito was trying to get Bellomo, Cirillo and Muscarella to rule from prison or jail about the table at Rao's. Why not the acting boss on the street??. These guys must of held more power or rank than M. Gigante or Leo. Maybe it happened before Cirillo was indicted. But wouldn't the Chin have been still living? If it was in 2005. I wonder if those three were at that time the new official administration and the Rao's table incident happened in 2006 after the Chin died?
"I don't know what the hell's going on out there. But I'll tell you one thing, they're all going to get pinched if they want to make issues and sit-downs over issues like this."

:lol:

Anyway, while I have a rough timeline below, I don't think we have enough info to make a solid, definitive one. And we should be careful about forcing things too much to make one

Late 1980's - Barney Bellomo made acting boss after Vincent Gigante is indicted in the Widows case.

June 1996 - Barney Bellomo indicted. Dominick Cirillo becomes acting boss some time thereafter.

May 1998 - Dominick Cirillo steps down after a heart attack. Frank Serpico follows as acting boss but steps down some time between then and April 2001 when he's indicted as the "former" acting boss. Whenever that was, apparently Ernie Muscarella followed as acting boss.

January 2002 - Ernie Muscarella indicted as acting boss. An later FBI report in November 2008 said Muscarella had been on a ruling panel with Dominick Cirillo (not clear how long he was out of commission from his 1998 heart attack) and Danny Leo. The report also confirmed that Nigro, who was reported to be acting boss in November 2003, succeeded Muscarella on the panel when Muscarella went to prison.

December 2002 - March 2005 - This was the time frame of Garcia's undercover work. At some point during this, Garcia said Pasquale DeLuca was acting boss (possibly on ruling panel?). The November 2008 FBI report mentioned above DeLuca had been a captain of a different crew than the Bellomo/Muscarella/Nigro crew. Possibly Leo's???

January 2005 - Dominick Cirillo, Larry Dentico, and Mario Gigante reported by Capeci to be on ruling panel.

April 2005 - Dominick Cirillo indicted as acting boss.

July 2005 - Matthew Ianniello indicted as "an" acting boss, as opposed to "the" acting boss. This is wording is probably intentional by the feds, which suggests he was on the ruling panel.

June 2006 - Capeci reports Barney Bellomo, Dominick Cirillo, Ernest Muscarella, Larry Dentico and Mario Gigante had served as acting bosses.

December 2006 - Danny Leo identified as acting boss (from his previous position on the ruling panel) and indicted as such in May 2007.

June 2009 - NY Daily News article identifies Benny Mangano (Oct 2006), Ernie Muscarella (Jan 2008), Barney Bellomo Dec 2008), and Larry Dentico (May 2009) on a "rotating panel" of recently released senior members running the family.

September 2009 - NY Times article identifies Tino Fiumara as being on a "three man panel" running the family.

February 2010 - Artie Nigro indicted as the "former" acting boss.

February 2014 - Wall Street Journal article reports the family is believed to be still run by a ruling panel.

February 2016 - Capeci reports that Barney Bellomo is boss and is using captain Peter "Petey Red" DiChiara as acting/street boss to relay orders.
Yes I was just throwing some speculation out there. The Genovese time period from the time of the Chin imprisonment and Bellomo imprisonment has been a little confusing. Other names that have come up as ruling panel members are Illiano, Giovanelli, and Longo. These names were from the late 90's I just found it strange that they would want Bellomo to rule on something while he was imprisoned, seeing they had an acting boss and a ruling panel on the street.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

To add to the Genovese timeline.

-In 1998 Frank Illiano was mentioned as being one of the Street Bosses, along with Larry Dentico, running the family following Cirillo's heart attack. There could have been others serving in this role.

-It looks like Cirillo was back in action by 2000 since he was involved with another panel with Dentico, John Barbato and Alan Longo. Alan Longo was imprisoned in April 2001.
As set forth in the indictment and in a detention letter filed by the government today, after Gigante was incarcerated in 1997, the leadership of the Genovese family passed to a committee known as the "administration." CIRILLO and DENTICO were allegedly members of the administration, and in that capacity represented the Genovese family in its dealings with other LCN families. In 2000, DENTICO personally represented the Genovese family at a commission meeting of all five New York families of LCN. In addition, in 2000, CIRILLO empaneled a committee of Genovese family leaders, including DENTICO, BARBATO and previouslyconvicted Genovese family captain Alan Longo, to determine whether to commit murder in the name of the criminal enterprise.

-More recently Capeci reported that Albert Gallo was also once on the panel. He didn't give a timeframe but it was most likely the late 90s panel.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

It's interesting in that article that it appears to be pretty strong evidence that Mario Gigante held the acting boss position. It looks like the time period would be in 2005 to 2006.