Chicago mob boss solly D talking on Feds wire

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Chicago mob boss solly D talking on Feds wire

Post by Frank »

Not slot but Video Poker.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:43 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:45 am To my recollection, he was never labeled as THE boss or acting boss but, as is too often the case in Chicago, "a" boss. He was referred to later on in the Tribune as Cicero crew leader. He was definitely mentioned as being in some type of top leadership role but being on my phone, it's a little more difficult for me to find it.

The federal government in their indictments have also never referred to anyone in the Outfit as being "made" or as being in some type of leadership position other than as "head" or "in charge" of a crew. The only exception is in the Family Secrets trial. Presumably, this is because they had nobody available (besides Nicholas Calabrese) to testify definitively as to the defendants' respective positions. The "Outfit" or "LCN" isn't even mentioned in Sarno's indictment.
The Family Secrets indictment would be an exception because Marcello and the Calabreses are all specified as made members of the Outfit.
That's what I said, although I didn't word it very well.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Frank wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:06 am It's strange that Sarno wasn't mentioned as LCN. Because I've seen him listed on multiple places as succeeding Marcello as boss. Didn't he do time when the Infelise crew were all sent to prison in the 1990s. Wasn't he responsible for the Chiaramonti and Tony Zizzo hits over slot machines. Also read were Zizzo was never the underboss.
I know marcello was very high up but do you really think he could have been THE boss being half italian and all?
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Nobody cared. I doubt a ton of people knew anyway.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

DiFronzo was the top boss
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Frank Salemme was the Boss of the Patriarcas and he was only half Italian.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.