5 Family's Making Ceremonies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: 5 Family's Making Ceremonies

Post by Pogo The Clown »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:46 am Fat Sammy Valenti was one of the other guys sponsored by Jerry Asaro at the same time as John Ragano (I think Vinny Asaro revealed that in 2012 or so) and by 2014, Fat Sammy was a soldier so it's probably safe to say he was made in the same ceremony as Ragano.

Good find. Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:27 am
gohnjotti wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:46 am Fat Sammy Valenti was one of the other guys sponsored by Jerry Asaro at the same time as John Ragano (I think Vinny Asaro revealed that in 2012 or so) and by 2014, Fat Sammy was a soldier so it's probably safe to say he was made in the same ceremony as Ragano.

Good find. Thanks.

Pogo
So we know of four guys made in the 2013-2015 period (Frank Salerno, John Ragano, Anthony Valenti and Enzo Stagno) and possibly Nicholas Festa. That's maybe 5-10 guys we don't know about that were made during that time right?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:58 pm So we know of four guys made in the 2013-2015 period (Frank Salerno, John Ragano, Anthony Valenti and Enzo Stagno) and possibly Nicholas Festa. That's maybe 5-10 guys we don't know about that were made during that time right?

Vito Pipitone is another one. Maybe Steven DeSimone as well.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:25 am
gohnjotti wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:58 pm So we know of four guys made in the 2013-2015 period (Frank Salerno, John Ragano, Anthony Valenti and Enzo Stagno) and possibly Nicholas Festa. That's maybe 5-10 guys we don't know about that were made during that time right?

Vito Pipitone is another one. Maybe Steven DeSimone as well.

Pogo
Thanks, Pogo.

Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Vincenzo “Vinny Carwash” Frogiero was made in the summer of 2009 and placed in Louis Mastrangelo's crew
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks for the info. I've updated the original lists with all of the corrections and additions. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the info especially JD.

Pogo
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

I know there has been much debate over this but I believe Franzese's claim and I believe the Colombo's held a making ceremony in 1975. Joe Cantalupo says Shorty Spero was made in 75 also in the Crime Doc. That and a guy remembers his making date like he remembers his birthday. As far as Allie Boy I believe that he was made in a family outside of NY and then transferred to the Colombo Family to skirt the "Books are Closed" rule at the time. It was allowed because of the circumstances of his being Carmine's brother and him taking the pinch for Carmine and being in prison all those years
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Michael Franzese was in October 1975.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

According to Hairy Knuckles, the restaurant Franzese said he was made in was not even open in 1975.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Sorry, is that in documentaries he always says it was 1975.
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

Snakes wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:54 am According to Hairy Knuckles, the restaurant Franzese said he was made in was not even open in 1975.
I believe you're thinking of Vincent Fish Cafaro.

Michael Franzese said he was made in Anthony Colombo's catering hall.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Oh, you're right. There may have been some other reason I was thinking of.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Hey Pogo, I notice you have two separate ceremonies listed for Vito Grimaldi. Which is the correct one?

Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

There's a bunch of guys listed more than once. Vincent Asaro is in both: January/February 1976 and August 1977 for example.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:03 pm Hey Pogo, I notice you have two separate ceremonies listed for Vito Grimaldi. Which is the correct one?

The 1991 one.

Camo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:38 pm There's a bunch of guys listed more than once. Vincent Asaro is in both: January/February 1976 and August 1977 for example.

Asaro was in August 1977. The original post is not up to date. I have since made many additions and corrections to my list.

Pogo