Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Post by funkster »

Bing Bang 74 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:34 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:06 am I was skeptical about the story involving the Outfit and Patty Dellorusso but even more so for this one.
For what it's worth, John Pennisi has backed up Scott's claims about Dellorusso and the Outfit on OG Gangsters Podcast, even saying that Patty will be indicted in both New York and Chicago.
I mean it's cut and dry, Pennisi absolutely backed this story up and was clearly holding back more. I'm going to go ahead and assume the guy we know was a made member of the Luccheses and a personal friend of Patty Red's is telling the truth or at the very least knows what he's talking about.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:06 am I was skeptical about the story involving the Outfit and Patty Dellorusso but even more so for this one.
For what it's worth, John Pennisi has backed up Scott's claims about Dellorusso and the Outfit on OG Gangsters Podcast, even saying that Patty will be indicted in both New York and Chicago.
Oh yes, I almost forgot about that.
That’s an important point to me because I see Pennisi as one of the most reliable sources out there
Great channel.Wondering what George Zappola’s new position is since John mentioned he’ll keep his position under wraps for now
Mvguy818
Associate

Post by Mvguy818 »

furiofromnaples wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:43 am https://gangsterreport.com/gr-sourc...i ... ng-in-nyc/

January 30, 2023 — The inevitable is happening. Per multiple sources, the Cammarano brothers are currently under attack, taking gun fire and fighting for their lives on orders of Bonanno crime family boss Michael (Mikey Nose) Mancuso, fallout from the July 2022 funeral-parlor brawl between the Cammaranos and three Mancuso henchmen that left the trio of Bonanno made men bloodied and battered and Mancuso’s ego badly bruised.

Feeling like he needs to save face, Mancuso has murder contracts on the heads of shelved Bonanno soldiers Joe Cammarano, Jr. and Dino Cammarano actively trying to be carried out by his most trusted underlings, three separate sources claim.

I think its a dumb move to order to kill shelved men in 2023. For me somebody will flip.
This entire story is completely made up.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:53 pm
That’s an important point to me because I see Pennisi as one of the most reliable sources out there
Great channel.Wondering what George Zappola’s new position is since John mentioned he’ll keep his position under wraps for now
While the past Lucchese control over IBT Local 295 and 851 at JFK in New York is well documented, it's not really clear what direct connection the Luccheses had with Local 705 in Chicago. 705 itself had a history of corruption and Outfit ties but, while connections can be made in prison, Dellorusso having a crew of guys on the ground 800 miles away today, looking after God knows what, is quite a leap. I'll believe there will be an indictment when I see it.
All roads lead to New York.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:29 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:40 amYou talkin about when he was making guys left and right? Didn't someone stoot slap his ass for that?
Yes, and delivering fake messages he claimed were from Mancuso. He was only temporarily shelved.
Even in these times, the Westside would have put his name on a milk carton...
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

If there ever was a commission, now's the time to figure this situation out and take Mancuso down as boss.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:50 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:53 pm
While the past Lucchese control over IBT Local 295 and 851 at JFK in New York is well documented, it's not really clear what direct connection the Luccheses had with Local 705 in Chicago. 705 itself had a history of corruption and Outfit ties but, while connections can be made in prison, Dellorusso having a crew of guys on the ground 800 miles away today, looking after God knows what, is quite a leap. I'll believe there will be an indictment when I see it.
Patty has a knack for making money it seems as he used to run the airport rackets in the 90s and then in 2017, after the transition, Pennisi said that Patty was making 20 to 30k a month.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Bott Scurnstein
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Another source is still adamant that "something" is going on. I can't go into more but if I'm hearing it it's no surprise Scott is who has far more contacts than I. Maybe it all turns out to be BS or maybe not. If you go through FBI documents in the 60's when they were first collecting info, there are rumors, stories of all stripes that never went anywhere. One of the disadvantages of trying to study a secret society.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Aaaand so the road to RICO begins… 🍿
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Ravens410
Straightened out

Post by Ravens410 »

For what it’s worth, when Dom G in Philly got his windows shattered by bricks over some drama it was quickly reported with pictures. Imagine a member of one the five families getting shot at or fire bombed and there’s no coverage at all.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

chin_gigante wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:41 pm When Peter Lovaglio testified in the Michael Meldish murder case he was asked on cross-examination if he had ever described John Spirito Jr as 'capable'. The prosecution objected and the judge sustained it before Lovaglio could answer, but it strongly implies (I'd say 99.9999% implies) that Lovaglio considered Spirito Jr as someone who was capable. In context, the defense was trying to present another scenario to the jury that the Bonanno family had motive and means to kill Meldish (instead of the Lucchese family). Based on the rule that during examination a lawyer should only ask a question they already know the answer to, I'd be shocked if the defense expected Lovaglio to do anything other than confirm that he had described Spirito Jr as capable.

We also know from Jerry Capeci's reporting that Lovaglio provided some details to investigators about the Seccafico murder and pointed the finger at the Bronx crew and it's then-captain Anthony Frascone. Taking that into consideration, as well as the timeline and Spirito Jr's beef with Seccafico, I'd be surprised if Lovaglio's comments about Spirito Jr being capable were in reference to anything other than the Seccafico hit.

Another individual I'd consider a potential suspect in the Seccafico murder is Ernest Aiello. He told Anthony Zoccolillo that he was made in 2009 (same year as the Seccafico murder), he was also from the Bronx crew, and moved up the hierarchy very quickly at a young age (though that will almost positively also be due to the fact that he's related to Mancuso).

Furthermore, Lovaglio also testified that shortly after the attempt to kill Bonanno associate Carl Ulzheimer, both Aiello and Spirito were looking to kill someone from the Lucchese family in retaliation for a brief time. So that's also evidence of a willingness to conspire to commit murder.

Add to that they've both displayed a general recklessness in the past when it comes to violent (or potentially violent) situations. Aiello and Spirito were part of the group sent to beat Meldish up outside Rao's despite the fact that he was on record with another family. Then they are both key instigators in the storming of the Lucchese club in the Bronx, and afterwards Aiello got into a shouting match with Carmine Avellino when Thomas DiFiore tried to calm the situation (though according to Lovaglio, DiFiore knew about the plan to storm the club before it happened then tried to distance himself from it when it went awry). Spirito we know from both Lovaglio and Pennisi got shelved for bringing back fake messages from prison (including by giving himself some kind of acting administration position). Then last year both Aiello and Spirito were involved in the fiasco at Vito Grimaldi's wake.

If something like this is happening or being planned, I wouldn't be too surprised considering some of the personalities and criminal histories involved.

Though I would also add, if Mancuso wants to get as good a deal as possible in his supervised release violation, doing something like this that would bring a tremendous amount of heat on him would probably be a bad idea.
Great post, and nice observations. The Bronx crew, or at least the made members of the crew seem very tight knit. Thats probably why they were able to get away with taking out little Anthony. Considering that, I wonder how much violence has happened that went under the radar. New York is a huge city, and with crime going up, shootings, assaults, & arson can go unreported by newspapers & media outlets. Regardless, I think the FBI is taking their time building up enough evidence to assure that Mancuso will be locked up for a long time.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:05 pm Considering that, I wonder how much violence has happened that went under the radar. New York is a huge city, and with crime going up, shootings, assaults, & arson can go unreported by newspapers & media outlets.
I recall in Murder Machine the Columbians wouldn't believe that Chris Rosenberg had been killed unless it made the papers, and DeMeo and company were pretty worried about it. Of course New York was way more violent then than now, even with the post-2020 crime wave.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

chin_gigante wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:41 pm When Peter Lovaglio testified in the Michael Meldish murder case he was asked on cross-examination if he had ever described John Spirito Jr as 'capable'. The prosecution objected and the judge sustained it before Lovaglio could answer, but it strongly implies (I'd say 99.9999% implies) that Lovaglio considered Spirito Jr as someone who was capable. In context, the defense was trying to present another scenario to the jury that the Bonanno family had motive and means to kill Meldish (instead of the Lucchese family). Based on the rule that during examination a lawyer should only ask a question they already know the answer to, I'd be shocked if the defense expected Lovaglio to do anything other than confirm that he had described Spirito Jr as capable.

We also know from Jerry Capeci's reporting that Lovaglio provided some details to investigators about the Seccafico murder and pointed the finger at the Bronx crew and it's then-captain Anthony Frascone. Taking that into consideration, as well as the timeline and Spirito Jr's beef with Seccafico, I'd be surprised if Lovaglio's comments about Spirito Jr being capable were in reference to anything other than the Seccafico hit.

Another individual I'd consider a potential suspect in the Seccafico murder is Ernest Aiello. He told Anthony Zoccolillo that he was made in 2009 (same year as the Seccafico murder), he was also from the Bronx crew, and moved up the hierarchy very quickly at a young age (though that will almost positively also be due to the fact that he's related to Mancuso).

Furthermore, Lovaglio also testified that shortly after the attempt to kill Bonanno associate Carl Ulzheimer, both Aiello and Spirito were looking to kill someone from the Lucchese family in retaliation for a brief time. So that's also evidence of a willingness to conspire to commit murder.

Add to that they've both displayed a general recklessness in the past when it comes to violent (or potentially violent) situations. Aiello and Spirito were part of the group sent to beat Meldish up outside Rao's despite the fact that he was on record with another family. Then they are both key instigators in the storming of the Lucchese club in the Bronx, and afterwards Aiello got into a shouting match with Carmine Avellino when Thomas DiFiore tried to calm the situation (though according to Lovaglio, DiFiore knew about the plan to storm the club before it happened then tried to distance himself from it when it went awry). Spirito we know from both Lovaglio and Pennisi got shelved for bringing back fake messages from prison (including by giving himself some kind of acting administration position). Then last year both Aiello and Spirito were involved in the fiasco at Vito Grimaldi's wake.

If something like this is happening or being planned, I wouldn't be too surprised considering some of the personalities and criminal histories involved.

Though I would also add, if Mancuso wants to get as good a deal as possible in his supervised release violation, doing something like this that would bring a tremendous amount of heat on him would probably be a bad idea.
Great post Chin! I've always believed one of the younger members of that Bronx Bonanno crew hit Little Anthony...I always thought Patty D was involved over the disrespect shown to him by Seccafico...
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Joseph Cammarano lives in Glen Cove so I had a look for shootings that have took place there recently and this article popped up from December. https://patch.com/new-york/glencove/sho ... en-cove-pd

"This shooting was not a random act. The initial investigation leads us to believe that the shooting was targeted to this specific residence."