News from Italy

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Strax
Straightened out

Re: News from Italy

Post by Strax »

scagghiuni wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:26 am there have been 6 Camorra-related murders since the beginning of the year, probably a war between clans
Another ambush in Naples , 20 years old Antonio Gaetano was shot ,police say its retaliation to murder of Antonio Esposito on March 3.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

The son of a mafia boss who rebelled against his destiny

Antonio Piccirillo – scion of a capo in Italy’s Camorra criminal organization – is encouraging other young people in his situation to stay away from a life of crime

https://english.elpais.com/internationa ... utType=amp
All roads lead to New York.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Long-ignored "Fourth Mafia" emerges as most violent in Italy: "You always feel the fear"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fourth-maf ... ent-italy/
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:29 pm Long-ignored "Fourth Mafia" emerges as most violent in Italy: "You always feel the fear"

I thought the SCU was the "fourth mafia."
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:50 pm I thought the SCU was the "fourth mafia."
I have no idea why they called it "Foggia mafia" , Foggia is city in region of Apulia(Puglia in Italian), which is controlled by Sacra Corona Unita , article is about SCU.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Strax wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:09 am
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:50 pm I thought the SCU was the "fourth mafia."
I have no idea why they called it "Foggia mafia" , Foggia is city in region of Apulia(Puglia in Italian), which is controlled by Sacra Corona Unita , article is about SCU.
Apart from the Sacra Corona Unita, there are a number of independent small organizations in Apulia, that had split from the SCU in the past; The original SCU is still important, but doesn't hold the monopoly on Apulian organized crime anymore. At least, that's what I read.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:29 am
Strax wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:09 am
Apart from the Sacra Corona Unita, there are a number of independent small organizations in Apulia, that had split from the SCU in the past; The original SCU is still important, but doesn't hold the monopoly on Apulian organized crime anymore. At least, that's what I read.
yes, in Apulia there is the SCU in the south, the "Società Foggiana" (what the article is talking about is that it was a branch of the Nuova Camorra Organizzata) and the "Camorra Barese" in the north
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

scagghiuni wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:02 am yes, in Apulia there is the SCU in the south, the "Società Foggiana" (what the article is talking about is that it was a branch of the Nuova Camorra Organizzata) and the "Camorra Barese" in the north
I thought all of them got absorbed into SCU.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Strax wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:58 am
scagghiuni wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:02 am yes, in Apulia there is the SCU in the south, the "Società Foggiana" (what the article is talking about is that it was a branch of the Nuova Camorra Organizzata) and the "Camorra Barese" in the north
I thought all of them got absorbed into SCU.
no, they are separated
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

Another ambush in Naples, Luigi Guarro 44 was seriously wounded last night around 11pm.

There was also a case of mistaken identity , Francesco Pio Maimone 18 , who was delivering pizza's for family restaurant when he was shot and killed in Naples.
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Italian police have seized a cache of drugs emblazoned with the faces of mafia dons.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/polic ... ses-italy/

Police in Italy said Tuesday that officers found a large cache of drugs in packaging decorated with images of notorious Mafia leaders — including the "Cosa Nostra" boss who was recently arrested after 30 years on the run. A 28-year-old man was arrested nearby after officers said they found 50 grams of pure cocaine in his pocket.

Carabinieri seize drug haul decorated with Mafia mugshots
Drug packages decorated with pictures of Sicilian Mafia bosses Salvatore Riina and Matteo Messina Denaro, and the notorious character of The Godfather are displayed in Marsala, Italy, March 21, 2023.
ARABINIERI/HANDOUT VIA REUTERS
Officers seized pure cocaine, hashish and marijuana worth about $215,000 from a warehouse in Marsala, Sicily, Carabinieri police said in a news release on Tuesday. A vacuum packing machine, two electronic scales and materials used for cutting the drugs were also found, police said.

The drugs were allegedly wrapped in cellophane and branded with the faces of Matteo Messina Denaro and Salvatore "Toto" Riina. At least one of the drug packages was decorated with a photo of Al Pacino's character from "The Godfather," according to images released by police.

Riina was the Sicilian Mafia's "boss of bosses" who died in 2017. He had been serving multiple life sentences as the mastermind of a strategy to assassinate Italian prosecutors and police officers who tried to dismantle the "Cosa Nostra" Sicilian crime syndicate depicted in "The Godfather."

Messina Denaro was Italy's most-wanted fugitive until he was arrested in January. His arrest marked the end of an era for the Cosa Nostra.

Messina Denaro had been sentenced in absentia to life in prison for the 1992 murders of anti-mafia prosecutors Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino, whose murders shocked the nation and led to stricter anti-mafia legislation. He was also convicted of dozens of other murders, including that of the young son of a turncoat; the 12-year-old boy was held prisoner for two years before he was strangled and his body dissolved in acid.

Tuesday's police raid took place in Trapani, where Messina Denaro allegedly spent most of his time on the run, Reuters reported.
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Here’s the packages. Lol.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Drug trafficking in Palermo, 21 precautionary orders carried out
The operation was carried out by the soldiers of the Investigative Unit of the Operational Department of the Provincial Command of Palermo

March 23 2023

In the early hours of this morning, in Palermo and Bagheria, the soldiers of the Investigative Nucleus of the Operational Department of the Provincial Command of Palermo, executed 21 pre-trial detention orders, nine placed in prison, another eight under house arrest and four under compulsory of presentation to the pg., issued by the judge of preliminary investigations at the Court of Palermo, at the request of the local Anti-Mafia District Directorate, for the crimes of criminal association aimed at drug trafficking and drug dealing, all crimes aggravated by the mafia method. The investigation, conventionally called Persephone 2, is the result of an articulated investigative maneuver conducted by the Palermo investigative unit, which, starting from the monitoring of the Bagherese associative structure, hit in the context of a first repressive step carried out urgently on 13 and 17 September 2021, it brought to light, exalting its criminally relevant conduct, a wide-ranging, articulated criminal association, aimed at managing the drug dealing square of Bagheria, operating under the aegis of the mafia.

https://www.agenzianova.com/en/news/dru ... ry-orders/
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:29 pm Long-ignored "Fourth Mafia" emerges as most violent in Italy: "You always feel the fear"

This is not Sacra Corona Unita?
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

UTC wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:40 am This is not Sacra Corona Unita?
I also thought the article is about SCU, but as "scagghiuni" stated above, the article is about "Società Foggiana" who is independent of SCU, i thought they all got absorbed in SCU, but that is not the case.