General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by DPG »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:09 pm
DPG wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:01 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:49 am
DPG wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:16 am Is there anything that links Mickey Cohen to the east coast at all? During the 1951 hearings(I can't spell Kaevafer?) mobsters openly admitted know other mobsters from around the country, but I've yet to come across a single example of any saying they know Cohen. I've never read his book but I would guess thats where all the 'I took over for Bugsy' stuff comes from.
He's from Brooklyn I believe.
[/q
Wasn't he gone before he was even 10 years old tho? I guess I worded it wrong, links to east coast syndicate guys?
Yes I believe you are right.
And ik what u were asking I guess it was stupid answer .
I wish gangster squad was better....
Book or movie? Book was much more informative. And it wasn't a stupid answer.
Looking at his page in the Mafia FBN book lists a number of Italian names but all of them are from LA.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

DPG wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:26 pm
DPG wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:16 am Is there anything that links Mickey Cohen to the east coast at all? During the 1951 hearings(I can't spell Kaevafer?) mobsters openly admitted know other mobsters from around the country, but I've yet to come across a single example of any saying they know Cohen. I've never read his book but I would guess thats where all the 'I took over for Bugsy' stuff comes from.
[/q
Wasn't he gone before he was even 10 years old tho? I guess I worded it wrong, links to east coast syndicate guys?
Looking at his page in the Mafia FBN book lists a number of Italian names but all of them are from LA.
Didnt even realize it was a book. Is the book fiction like the movie was??

The movie had no facts at all I believe. It was similar to the untouchables movie where only characters were real.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:27 pm
DPG wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:26 pm
[/q
Didnt even realize it was a book. Is the book fiction like the movie was??

The movie had no facts at all I believe. It was similar to the untouchables movie where only characters were real.
Yea the book is nothing like the movie. The movie is ridiculous.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Didn't know if this has been talked about or not so I didn't want to start a thread yet.....

Why is Stanfa not killed during or after the Bruno hit?
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

DPG wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:25 pm Didn't know if this has been talked about or not so I didn't want to start a thread yet.....

Why is Stanfa not killed during or after the Bruno hit?
He had connections to the Gambinos. He was a friend of Carlo. That's how he got the job as a driver for Bruno. Later on after Scarfo got locked up Gambinos wanted to use Stanfa as boss to control Philly, because for the last decade Scarfo was a Genovese guy. Also, I've read Stanfa might have known about the hit on Bruno although I seriously doubt that.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I don't think Stanfa was ever Bruno's driver. His regular drivers were Mario Riccobene and Long John Martorano. Marotrano was supposed to drive him that night but backed out earlier that night so Bruno asked Stanfa to drive him home. It was just pure chance that Stanfa drove him that night. I doubt very much Stanfa was ever part of the plot. He was almost killed himself from the shotgun blast.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Stanfa was an occassional driver for Bruno. His building company did work on Bruno's house. They often visited the same bar. You can say he was more of a confidant than a driver. I think the theory about Stanfa being in the know about the hit originated from the fact that he rolled the window down after he parked the car and the killer managed to press the shotgun into Bruno's head before blowing his brains out.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It has been disproven that Stanfa rolled the window down. The car they were driving didn't have automatic Windows. Bruno rolled his window down himself (probably to let the smoke out from his/their smoking).

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:33 am It has been disproven that Stanfa rolled the window down. The car they were driving didn't have automatic Windows. Bruno rolled his window down himself (probably to let the smoke out from his/their smoking).

Pogo
Freselone also said Bruno had a habit of rolling his window down and hooking his fingers over the side of the roof.
All roads lead to New York.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

A question about the Cleveland mob:

I recently watched an episode from the documentary series “Deep undercover”, about the undercover FBI agent John Tanza, who was investigating 2 mafia crews in Cleveland in the 1990s, headed by Chuck Columbo and Vic Vicarone. Has anybody got information about these 2 guys? I only found a mention of a Charles Columbo in this article

http://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_16.html

while Vicarone gives almost no results on google search, apart from a list where he is listed as “Vic Viccarone, made guy, retired”

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/does- ... 42/page-10

Has anyone got more information? Were Viccarone and Columbo capos, soldiers or associates etc? This was apparently a part of a larger investigation in more states, another episode in the same series is focused on the undercover agent John Ligato, who was investigating Ronnie Marrazzo in Las Vegas (also would be interesting to know more information about Marrazzo), and both episodes mention the arrest of Sal Vitello from Detroit and also several Canadian mafiosi arrested in Buffalo, after they tried to sell a stolen truck of Cuban cigars to the undercover agents (mentioned in this article):

https://buffalonews.com/1999/06/01/gove ... uestioned/
Geordiebutch99
Associate

Post by Geordiebutch99 »

Are there any young guys in the 5 families, like in there 20’s? Also are the 5 families currently trying secretly induct new members so the FBI and public won’t know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Geordiebutch99 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:16 pm Are there any young guys in the 5 families, like in there 20’s? Also are the 5 families currently trying secretly induct new members so the FBI and public won’t know?

There are most likely at least a couple of soldiers in their 20s that we don't know about.
And the Five Families have always held their making ceremonies in private. Remember, the Mafia is supposed to be a 'secret society.' Nobody is going to advertise that they are made. Nobody in the FBI or the public are supposed to know the details of a ceremony. Only other mobsters are supposed to know.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Geordiebutch99
Associate

Post by Geordiebutch99 »

Another quick question is, about how many members there are that we don’t know about in each of the 5 families?

DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Geordiebutch99 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:35 pm Another quick question is, about how many members there are that we don’t know about in each of the 5 families?

How could anyone know that?