General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Villain »

Do we know who were the "out of town" guys who attended a meeting in 1961 in Chicago? It seems that one was a made guy from New York...

Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

....also one interesting convo between Angelo Bruno and another individual regarding Chicago, and i wonder what do they mean when the guy said "four competing Outfits in the country"?

Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:21 am ....also one interesting convo between Angelo Bruno and another individual regarding Chicago, and i wonder what do they mean when the guy said "four competing Outfits in the country"?

Im reading it as referring to four different groups involved in this particular insurance racket (one of which was being run by Chicago I assume)?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:42 pm
Villain wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:21 am ....also one interesting convo between Angelo Bruno and another individual regarding Chicago, and i wonder what do they mean when the guy said "four competing Outfits in the country"?

Im reading it as referring to four different groups involved in this particular insurance racket (one of which was being run by Chicago I assume)?
Yes and i also thought the same thing, except for that sentence "though we all have the same kind of policy" which again is probably regarding the insurance scam, i dunno...and if it was a scham that went all over the country, then it mustve been quite lucrative for these guys...so there was probably the NY/Philly syndicate....the Chicago syndicate and who else?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:04 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:32 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:05 pm Ernie Severino, who testified at the Family Secrets trial about Butch Petrocelli, has said his grandfather was made...not sure i've ever seen him give a name but i have seen that he claimed he was from Taylor Street and used a social club out there as his HQ. Anyone know who he's talking about?
Probably Angelo Severino
If it was his grandfather, then I don't think it was Angie Severino as I believe that Ernie Severino is his nephew. Ernie should be Ernest Severino, Jr, son of Ernest Alexander Severino, born 1912 in Chicago. Ernest Sr (once commissioner of the Rosemont PD and IL State patrolman) was the youngest of seven brothers (including Michael Angelo "Angie" Severino) born to Francesco "Frank" Severino (born about 1865 in Palermo) and Concetta Gargaro (born about 1879 in Napoli). The family lived by Taylor and Oakley. If Ernie was right that his grandfather was made, then that is very interesting as it's possible that he was already inducted under the old Mafia. Frank Severino died in 1934, but had been involved in the large bootlegging operations in Melrose Park with his son Angie (and Frank was listed in 1918 as already running a liquor business before Prohibition):

Capture.PNG

Photo of Frank Severino:
Capture1.PNG
Good info, I will have to double check. Maybe he was referring to his uncle...i will get back on this.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Some interesting info on Outfit member Hyman "Red" Larner.....

(dont have the next page)

Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

It is interesting to note when Aiuppa said that all should contact Rassano if they wanted to send a msg to him, this possibly means that Rassano possibly acted in the same capacity as Butch Blasi with Sam Giancana, but what about Russo or Ortenzi? I know that Ortenzi wasnt mentioned in the upper files but other sources say that he was a high level member of Aiuppas crew. So who succeeded Aiuppas Cicero MP crew during the early 70s when he became boss? Was it Rassano (died by the mid 70s) or Russo, who in turn was allegedly succeeded by Ortenzi, or Ortenzi received the spot from the beginning? By the early 80s, Ortenzi allegedly took a step back and was probably succeeded by Carlisi?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:59 am Some interesting info on Outfit member Hyman "Red" Larner.....
What year was this conversation? Is it confirmed anywhere that they’re discussing (as I assume) the Dominican Republic here?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:10 am
Villain wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:59 am Some interesting info on Outfit member Hyman "Red" Larner.....
What year was this conversation? Is it confirmed anywhere that they’re discussing (as I assume) the Dominican Republic here?
I think its early 60s and yeah thats the same subject and also regarding Larners aka Red's crew (Al Meo, Carmen Bastone)
Last edited by Villain on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Villain wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:49 am It is interesting to note when Aiuppa said that all should contact Rassano if they wanted to send a msg to him, this possibly means that Rassano possibly acted in the same capacity as Butch Blasi with Sam Giancana, but what about Russo or Ortenzi? I know that Ortenzi wasnt mentioned in the upper files but other sources say that he was a high level member of Aiuppas crew. So who succeeded Aiuppas Cicero MP crew during the early 70s when he became boss? Was it Rassano (died by the mid 70s) or Russo, who in turn was allegedly succeeded by Ortenzi, or Ortenzi received the spot from the beginning? By the early 80s, Ortenzi allegedly took a step back and was probably succeeded by Carlisi?
Rassano was very close to Aiuppa, but he was actually a member of the EP crew. Mike Mags told me this himself. It surprised me, but it also says that the FBI often does not have the full story.

As for Bucky Ortenzi, I do think he *probably* took over the crew from Aiuppa.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:23 am
Villain wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:49 am It is interesting to note when Aiuppa said that all should contact Rassano if they wanted to send a msg to him, this possibly means that Rassano possibly acted in the same capacity as Butch Blasi with Sam Giancana, but what about Russo or Ortenzi? I know that Ortenzi wasnt mentioned in the upper files but other sources say that he was a high level member of Aiuppas crew. So who succeeded Aiuppas Cicero MP crew during the early 70s when he became boss? Was it Rassano (died by the mid 70s) or Russo, who in turn was allegedly succeeded by Ortenzi, or Ortenzi received the spot from the beginning? By the early 80s, Ortenzi allegedly took a step back and was probably succeeded by Carlisi?
Rassano was very close to Aiuppa, but he was actually a member of the EP crew. Mike Mags told me this himself. It surprised me, but it also says that the FBI often does not have the full story.

Now thats a kick in the head lol Ok can we see at least one connection (even if its a guilty by association case) between Rassano and some EP guys? Numerous sources show Rassano driving around Aiuppa until his death, meaning Rassanos death. Same situation as Cerone and Accardo or Salvatore and Battaglia or even Alderisio and Battaglia etc.

Also why would Aiuppa appoint some1 from the EP crew to be his personal secretary? For example DiFronzo was Carlisis underboss but we all know that Marcello was also direct contact to Carlisi.

We agree on Ortenzi but whats your opinion on Russo?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:21 am
PolackTony wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:10 am
I think its early 60s and yeah thats the same subject and also regarding Larners aka Red's crew (Al Meo, Carmen Bastone)
It’s gotta be referring to the brief period between Rafael Trujillo's assassination in 1961 and the imposition of military Junta rule from 63 to 66. In 1962 formerly exiled anti-Trujillo opposition leader Juan Bosch was elected president in the first democratic election in DR history. While he was not a Communist, he was a leftist and was seen by the CIA and DR military interests as a potential liability and was removed by a military coup in 1963. My reading of the above transcript suggests that the Outfit interrsts under Larner could've been backing Bosch, which if true would be very interesting.

Another note on Chicago-DR connections, IIRC the Outfit had links to notorious Dominican diplomat and alleged Trujillo hitman Porfirio Rubirosa.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:03 pm It’s gotta be referring to the brief period between Rafael Trujillo's assassination in 1961 and the imposition of military Junta rule from 63 to 66. In 1962 formerly exiled anti-Trujillo opposition leader Juan Bosch was elected president in the first democratic election in DR history. While he was not a Communist, he was a leftist and was seen by the CIA and DR military interests as a potential liability and was removed by a military coup in 1963. My reading of the above transcript suggests that the Outfit interrsts under Larner could've been backing Bosch, which if true would be very interesting.

Another note on Chicago-DR connections, IIRC the Outfit had links to notorious Dominican diplomat and alleged Trujillo hitman Porfirio Rubirosa.
Yes, the revolution blocked the Outfit's plans, same story as Cuba and so later both Kruse and Larner had to transfer all of their machines from the Dominican Republic back to the US aka Las Vegas, and yeah Rubirosa was a former Dominican Ambassador in the U.S
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Villain wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:27 am

Now thats a kick in the head lol Ok can we see at least one connection (even if its a guilty by association case) between Rassano and some EP guys? Numerous sources show Rassano driving around Aiuppa until his death, meaning Rassanos death. Same situation as Cerone and Accardo or Salvatore and Battaglia or even Alderisio and Battaglia etc.

Also why would Aiuppa appoint some1 from the EP crew to be his personal secretary? For example DiFronzo was Carlisis underboss but we all know that Marcello was also direct contact to Carlisi.

I have no connections or associations between Rassano and EP guys. Like I wrote, this surprised me. Until then I thought he was directly under Aiuppa. But I can't dismiss what he says. He personally knew these people.

Russo, as far as I know wasn't made.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:17 pm
Villain wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:27 am

I have no connections or associations between Rassano and EP guys. Like I wrote, this surprised me. Until then I thought he was directly under Aiuppa. But I can't dismiss what he says. He personally knew these people.

Russo, as far as I know wasn't made.
I agree, although im still quite suspicious about it.

As for Russo, he was associated with both Vogel and Larner and according to sources he inherited that crew which also included the Bastones and Meos.