General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

Ivan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:45 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:38 am Excellent website!! Thanks for link.
Glad you guys like it. 8-)

I figured it would be on the Wayback Machine because it's a federal government site and therefore the opposite of obscure (generally the less obscure something is the more likely it gets stashed on the Wayback Machine, but it's usually a good idea to check it for any site that gets nuked but you want to see as I've found some super obscure sites from like 15~20 years ago on it too).

Edit to add that I'm surprised the PDF exhibits got archived as that sort of media usually doesn't (at least from what I've seen). Usually shows up as dead links within the Wayback Machine. Might want to download the really good stuff just to be safe.
Yeah, that's what I did. I'm too nervous about this Internet Archive lawsuit with publishing companies. It's about the online books that they used to have more of.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Snakes wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:19 pm Yeah, that's what I did. I'm too nervous about this Internet Archive lawsuit with publishing companies. It's about the online books that they used to have more of.
Oh shit I completely forgot about that lawsuit - the situation is a lot worse that I implied in my posts. Guys that link I posted might not be long for this world, better save the good stuff while you still can. It costs money to run a huge archive of dead sites like that and there's a good chance they're about lose hundreds of millions in copyright infringement penalties. Also might want to look up any old dead sites besides the one I posted while you still can.

Here's the story for anyone not familliar: https://www.wired.com/story/internet-ar ... se-appeal/

I just hope someone is making a Wayback Machine for the Wayback Machine. :cry:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ivan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:38 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:19 pm Yeah, that's what I did. I'm too nervous about this Internet Archive lawsuit with publishing companies. It's about the online books that they used to have more of.
Oh shit I completely forgot about that lawsuit - the situation is a lot worse that I implied in my posts. Guys that link I posted might not be long for this world, better save the good stuff while you still can. It costs money to run a huge archive of dead sites like that and there's a good chance they're about lose hundreds of millions in copyright infringement penalties. Also might want to look up any old dead sites besides the one I posted while you still can.

Here's the story for anyone not familliar: https://www.wired.com/story/internet-ar ... se-appeal/

I just hope someone is making a Wayback Machine for the Wayback Machine. :cry:
What's worse is Google doesn't have "cached" websites anymore, either. That's not as big a deal because those didn't last forever, but it's just one more archival route for websites.
chicagodog
On Record

Post by chicagodog »

Snakes wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:44 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:12 am
Coloboy wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:47 pm
NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:02 pm
Coloboy wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:14 am In Scott's last article about Zizzo, he claims that Sarno was at one point a driver/bodyguard for Andriacchi. This is the first I've heard of this; however, I did see the photo of the two of them that was floating around a month or so ago when Andriacchi passed.

Anyone have more info on that relationship?
I've been told that Vince Dublino (who testified against Sarno) was the driver for Zizzo right up until he was killed. Does anyone know if that is accurate?
I’ve never heard that, but it would be very interesting if Dublino was tied to the Melrose Park crew. Would lend creedence to the fact that zizzos disappearance was directly related to the feud with Sarno.
I'm fairly certain that comes from Jim Cosenza if anyone follows his YouTube - he's gone to all of these trials.
The prosecution was not allowed to bring up the Outfit in that trial, so I doubt they'd mention another crew. Hay alluded to Sarno as the boss on the stand and it was immediately objected to and sustained. I doubt if Dublino testified to anything Outfit-related or was mentioned in any remaining context outside of his business being bombed.
How do these defense attorneys keep getting mentions of the outfit outlawed from court cases?