Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickleCity
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by NickleCity »

State police handed case to DEA when Bongiovanni suggested it had 'organized crime' ties
by Patrick LaKamp

...Snip...
Bongiovanni wanted to discuss Anderson’s arrest and his cooperation with police.

At their meeting, Bongiovanni asked if the DEA could take over the case and use the threat of federal charges to leverage Anderson’s cooperation as a confidential informant to pursue organized-crime targets.

O’Rourke replied he would be happy to let the DEA take over the case.

Here’s what O’Rourke did not know at the time: Anderson and Bongiovanni have known one another since they were teenagers.

“I met Joe with friends over the years,” Anderson testified, saying he met Bongiovanni through “all my friends in North Buffalo, guys I went through high school (with).”

“Joe was always a great guy,” Anderson testified. “He was very good, polite person, good person.”

Anderson attended Bongiovanni’s stag party at Iron Works before the federal agent’s second marriage.

What else didn’t O’Rourke know?

Anderson was also a friend of Michael Masecchia, another childhood friend of Bongiovanni’s who prosecutors say was the “the muscle and the money man” for the Ron Serio drug-trafficking organization and responsible for allegedly making face-to-face cash payments to Bongiovanni as part of a bribery scheme to shield the drug organization from investigation. Serio was supposed to be the recipient of the 200 pounds of marijuana, prosecutors say.
...Snip...

For the whole article see: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... -top-story
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Please God let this end.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Prosecutor: Amherst detective lied 'repeatedly and pervasively' about his dealings with Gerace
Patrick Lakamp
https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... -top-story
7digits
Associate

Buffalo mob Underboss, Buffalo mob NOT extinct

Post by 7digits »

https://www.toronto.com/opinion/undermi ... 8a200.html

Undermining an underboss
Milton the epicentre of massive RCMP Mafia project, writes Stephen Metelsky

BY STEPHEN METELSKY AUG 24, 2023 UPDATED AUG 25, 2023

“It was viewed by the FBI and New York attorney’s office as a big deal. To record an induction ceremony was a major accomplishment,” said Jerry Capeci, mob expert and gangland columnist.

The RCMP Project Otremens team had a small window to celebrate the promotion of the police-agent, now a bona fide “made man” in New York’s Bonanno family.

With his elevated status in the underworld, the agent had become ensconced deeper into the inner workings of the Mafia. He was trusted. Why would anyone doubt the loyalty of a made man in the mob? The agent was privy to secretive, mob conversations — and the tapes rolled.

The mob intelligence garnered was voluminous, yet, as the risks began to outweigh the rewards, a final event of significance occurred on Nov. 1, 2017, during a recorded conversation between the police agent and Domenic Violi — labelled undercover scenario 315.

The wiretap evidence has not been tested in court.

“How was Florida?” the agent asked.

“You’re going to get good news,” said Violi. “You’re going to hear something very, very good. Don’t say nothing. Nobody.”

Violi began to detail his promotion to the No. 2 position in the Buffalo Mafia after beating out several American mob counterparts, all vying for the position during meetings in Florida.

“They made me No. 2, underboss of uh the…,” Violi continued. “Not here.”

“Of the whole thing?”

“The whole thing,” Violi confirmed.

“F—k, congratulations Dom. I’m happy for you.”

“This one guy, he goes Dominic, you know you made history. Nobody ever in Canada got this position,” said Violi. “He goes but the commission said because you’re part of a group, we’re allowed to be part of it.”

The commission was reference to the upper echelon of the five major mob families in New York who rule on underworld decisions. The police agent had already become a “made man” in one of those families — Bonanno.

Their conversation turned back to the topic of Buffalo, New York.

“He goes, it’s over a year that we’ve been talking about it, and Joe goes to me, you probably don’t know it, but when you were coming here (Buffalo), we were talking. He goes, you answered every, every one (question) perfect,” Violi said, recalling his conversation with Joe.

“Like the guy said, he goes, people kill for that position. He (Joe) goes, I told them, they all said you deserve it. That’s that. (pause) I was shocked.”

"Sure. Beautiful. You’re allowed to go to the U.S.?” asked the agent.

“Yeah, I’m allowed.”

“Who’s gonna let me know? He (Joe) said he’s gonna reach out to my friends down in New York?"

“They know. Uh, Columbo knows. Uh, Gambino knows,” Violi said, referencing two of the other New York families that sit on the commission. “I just met the guys from Columbo.”

"That’s gonna change a lot of things for us here,” said the agent.

“Big time.”

“Dom. This is big. You’re gonna be able to do … we could be able to make a lot of moves here,” said the agent.

“Make a lot of moves there,” said Violi.

“A lot of moves.”

“Yeah.”

The upper echelon of the RCMP-CFSEU and prosecutors attributed the information they discussed to be credible — and the experts agreed.

“One of the most important unwritten rules in any Mafia organization is if you are talking to a made member, you cannot lie, especially when you know you are dealing with another made man,” said Antonio Nicaso, Queens university professor, mob expert and author of over 40 books on the subject.

“So, if Dom (Violi) claimed he was the underboss of the Todaro family and he was convinced he was talking to another made man, then 100 per cent he was telling the truth.”

To skeptics who viewed the Buffalo mob as dead, Nicaso added: “I will never write the obituary of La Cosa Nostra.”

Mere days after this November 2017 wiretapped conversation, Project Otremens was dismantled. The four-year Project involved 319 undercover operations when the mobster-turned-police-agent was deployed by the RCMP to wear a wire and record his friends in the Mafia.

Takedown day involved the arrests of several mobsters in southern Ontario, the GTA and New York involving 30 police agencies and 12 search warrants in Hamilton, York, Niagara, Innisfil, Vancouver, and Montreal.

Thirteen mobsters were arrested in Canada and four in the U.S. Among those arrested were Dom and Joey Violi and Damiano Zummo, the New York mobster who presided over the induction ceremony of the police agent becoming a “made man” in the Bonanno crime family that was recorded by the RCMP.

The Violi brothers pled guilty to drug charges. Dom received an eight-year sentence while Joey was sentenced to 16 years.

In November 2021 Dom received day parole. In April 2023 Joey was day-paroled to a halfway house.

The mobster-turned-agent was whisked away into the witness protection program under a new identity to an unknown location after Project Otremens concluded. He would have been required to testify under his true identity had the case gone to trial.

A prosecutor assigned to the massive file referred to the investigation as “the legacy project.”

For the men and women in Milton who worked Project Otremens — it was.
Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo mob Underboss, Buffalo mob NOT extinct

Post by Ivan »

oh man here we go
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Pogo and/or Wiseguy will be fighting mad like this dude when they see this thread.
Last edited by NickleCity on Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ivan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:31 pmoh man here we go
Lmao.

You know you want to ;)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Hey 7digits. I see that you’re new to the forum, so let me be the first to say Welcome.

Let me also be the first to say that there is already a 430+ page thread about exactly this subject, which is a “sticky” at the top of the forum, and where this question has been argued over and over and over ad nauseum already.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

So wait. The Buffalo family is still around? Interesting

Anyone with a brain knows that the two self appointed kings of this forum have been wrong about it for at least 8-10 years.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:56 pm Pogo and/or Wiseguy will be fighting mad like this dude when they see this thread.
Lmao. Now hes a good fighter. Technique and form is just like theirs
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

My posts ≠ endorsements.

RCMP, Ontario PD Eying Buffalo Mob Satellite Operation In Hamilton For Musitano Bros. Murders
https://gangsterreport.com/gr-exclusive ... s-murders/
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

NickleCity wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:56 pm Pogo and/or Wiseguy will be fighting mad like this dude when they see this thread.
Why? There's really nothing in that article that's new, including about Violi. We're all aware of Metelsky's opinion. And all Nicaso said was he'll never write the obituary of La Cosa Nostra, which is about as vague and non-committal as you can get.
Newyorkempire wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:32 am So wait. The Buffalo family is still around? Interesting

Anyone with a brain knows that the two self appointed kings of this forum have been wrong about it for at least 8-10 years.
On the contrary, we've been proven correct over and over again for longer than that. Time only helps us and never helps the fan boys. That's why so many of them are no longer here. They ran their mouths, time proved them wrong, and the skulked away. You'll be no different except for the possibility you may yet again sneak back under another name. Don't blame us for raining on your parade. Just find a new parade. One that actually exists.
All roads lead to New York.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Youre lying again. There's actually a lot more in that article from the wiretaps.

Don't be mad youve been mad for 10 years already

Loll. Love it
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:44 pm
Why? There's really nothing in that article that's new, including about Violi. We're all aware of Metelsky's opinion. And all Nicaso said was he'll never write the obituary of La Cosa Nostra, which is about as vague and non-committal as you can get.
Post wasn’t really about the article and more about the new thread and its title started by new BlackHand Forum member 7digits. I bet most of us read that article back in 2023, but thanks to 7digits for posting it, cause I did a quick search and didn’t see the title and link in this thread.

I just did a quick search so if I missed it and didn’t give the poster credit, my apologies.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

NickleCity wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:50 pm
Post wasn’t really about the article and more about the new thread and its title started by new BlackHand Forum member 7digits. I bet most of us read that article back in 2023, but thanks to 7digits for posting it, cause I did a quick search and didn’t see the title and link in this thread.

I just did a quick search so if I missed it and didn’t give the poster credit, my apologies.
Adding his own bolded-text interpretive headline was a nice touch :roll:
All roads lead to New York.