News from Italy

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: News from Italy

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:18 pm
B. wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:15 pm Scagghiuni -- do you know which Family Giuseppe LoDuca is boss of?
Looks like Carini B.....

At the basis of the agreements between Ferrigno and the boss of Carini Giuseppe Lo Duca there would also be a sum of money equal to 20 thousand euros for each of the countries in which Lo Duca would have had to support the candidate by putting pressure on the voters. The money was then reduced to 5 thousand euros. The suspects are to be considered innocent until the final sentence.
https://ilgiornalepopolare.it/palermo-v ... regionali/
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Thanks man.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

B. wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:15 pm Scagghiuni -- do you know which Family Giuseppe LoDuca is boss of?
carini... but he controlled votes also in terrasini, cinisi and torretta
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

scagghiuni wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:55 am
I think he knew the guys that controlled the votes.
We saw Zito rig a Torreta election recently. They ( the mafia ) recently also paid 80k euros to buy Calamatifimi.

https://livesicilia.it/palermo-elezioni ... -correlato

All of this reminds me of Schiavone saying the Sicilians are too reliant on political favors. I didn't get a whiff of any actual business connected to these politicians. It's just the promise of favors in the future...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:13 pm
We saw Zito rig a Torreta election recently. They ( the mafia ) recently also paid 80k euros to buy Calamatifimi.

All of this reminds me of Schiavone saying the Sicilians are too reliant on political favors. I didn't get a whiff of any actual business connected to these politicians. It's just the promise of favors in the future...
Loiacono asked Lo Duca for the identity of the Palermo mafia bosses capable of influencing the vote during the administrative meetings of the capital. They talked about it a few days ago: "... and whoever brings me to me as mayor ... I don't know anyone ... those four they know in the neighborhoods ... the thing is critical", said the woman, engaged in politics, who did as an intermediary between Lo Duca and the candidate for the Regionals for autonomists, Salvatore Ferrigno.

From the article....

"But already when you take three four quarters". Lo Duca answered. Loiacono insisted: "But who is in charge in these neighborhoods?". The Mafioso di Carini cut short: "But what are you interested in? ... as far as the hamlets are concerned, we have no problems ... there is Passo di Rigano, there are, there are".

There were, therefore, people capable of influencing the vote. Investigators are trying to uncover the identity of the vote collectors.

As far as I can tell, the Passo Di Rigano click is still firmly in command....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:13 pm

they probably know that the real mafia strenght are the political connections
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Blitz in Catania, mafia leaders identified: over 30 arrests

https://sicilylab.com/blitz-in-catania- ... -syracuse/
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

The prefect of Palermo Giuseppe Forlani: "Mafia infiltrations between waste and trade. Palermo does not back down"
by Salvo Palazzolo
Prefect Forlani with Minister Lamorgese

On Friday he will retire, the balance of two years of work in Sicily. In recent months 19 bans for companies at risk of conditioning. "Cosa nostra resists the blows inflicted, we have recorded the return of old figures through unsuspected"

There is a word that he repeats while analyzing the data on the companies he has banned in the last two years for the risk of mafia infiltration: return. "We noticed the return with different corporate structures of entrepreneurs who had gone to operate in other parts of Italy - says the prefect of Palermo Giuseppe Forlani - even there they had ended up at the attention of the prefectures. A new circumstance to be analyzed also thanks to the information potential of the National Anti-Mafia Database".
Prefect Forlani will retire on September 30, after two and a half years in Palermo, but he is still in full swing: "The city must not stop looking ahead - he says - it has enormous potential, and must face its problems with determination".

The investigations of the prosecutor's office also speak of a return, the return of the old mafia families after the end of the Corleonese era. A return characterized by capital never seized. In which sectors did the banned companies operate?
"In 2022, we issued 19 bans against companies engaged in the sectors of waste disposal, construction, trade, earthmoving. In recent years, companies operating in the betting sector, social and health services and agriculture have also emerged. It is a complex and rigorous work that has brought out the mafia infiltrations, it is above all a work on a wide range of cases: 16 thousand releases have also been issued to the bodies that asked for information".

The theme of waste also returns in the interdictions of other Sicilian prefectures. Are there any connections?
"The failure to solve the waste problem at the regional level has led to spaces in which someone has managed to fit in. A system characterized by the recurrence of entrepreneurial subjects in contact with Cosa Nostra has come to light".

Despite arrests and kidnappings, the mafia organization continues to show great ability to reorganize. Why do you think that is?
"In the current dynamics, a considerable influx of money comes from drug trafficking and dealing, which today represents a great danger for our children. The age of users is getting lower and lower and the most widely used substances, in particular cocaine and synthetic drugs, are very dangerous to health even if the effects are delayed and users are able to maintain normal social relationships immediately. The attention must remain maximum especially on young people, crack is a serious threat: sometimes, manifestations of violence are closely linked to the spread of drugs".

Meanwhile, the suburbs have returned to being drug supermarkets.
"Great is the commitment of the police forces in the prevention and contrast of drug trafficking, speak the results achieved. However, we must continue to support health and social workers, volunteers. I believe that the whole city should pay more attention to them, for the extraordinary work they do. The key to redemption is in networking among the many realities that operate in the territory. The Prefect Carlo Alberto from the Church repeated it, as the President of the Republic Sergio Mattarella often reiterates: social cohesion passes through common commitment".

This is the problem of Palermo, often even important realities do not dialogue with each other to put in place common projects.
"The Prefect of Palermo continued to be a facilitator, to bring together and dialogue. The tables created in this building have always been an important moment to face the problems of the city. All this was possible thanks to the work of the staff of the prefecture, whom I want to thank".

What message do you leave in Palermo
?
"The city really has a huge potential, so many problems can be overcome. Starting from the cleanliness and the situation of the suburbs. And, then, the funds of the PNRR will be a unique opportunity for the redevelopment of an important piece of the territory".

What is being done to avoid infiltration in this area?
"For some time now, thanks to specific regulatory measures promoted by the Minister of the Interior, a monitoring and control activity has been launched, for example through the signing of various protocols and the creation of databases. I must thank the police, who together with the judiciary, carry out incessant work in this city. In these two years I have also been able to see the danger represented by mafia conditioning in the municipalities and the importance of the prefect's activity to restore legality".

He arrived in Palermo on May 22, 2020, during the pandemic, what will he bring with him from this city?
"The beauty of a city that does not resign itself to the outrages it suffers, to the problems it faces. And then the dedication of so many servants of the State, for the extraordinary commitment of every day. I will bring with me the enthusiasm of the students, the prefect from the Church wanted to meet them when he arrived in the city, he knew that they would be his most important allies. To them I say: do not stop cultivating the values for which our martyrs died, who fought for the rights of those who had no voice in Palermo".
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

In the Palermo prison of Pagliarelli only two bosses vote. Clans abstain behind bars
by Salvo Palazzolo
The Palermo prison of Pagliarelli

The relationship between the mafia and politics is changing. There would no longer be indications of cosca for a party or a candidate, as happened in the roaring eighties. Rather, mobsters offer their electoral potential to candidates who come forward with the promise of money or future favors.

In the special seat set up inside the large Palermo prison of Pagliarelli only four detainees voted, two are accused of mafia association. The 400 of the High Surveillance, the department that hosts suspects for "416 bis" from all over Sicily, have chosen to abstain. An indicative sample of how the relationship between the mafia and politics has changed. There would no longer be indications of cosca for a party or a candidate, as happened in the roaring eighties. Rather, bosses offer their electoral potential to candidates who come forward with the promise of money or future favors.

This is told by the latest investigations of the anti-mafia district prosecutor of Palermo: last Friday, the carabinieri of the Investigative nucleus arrested the candidate Salvatore Ferrigno, running for the Regional Assembly with the Popular Autonomists, had turned through an intermediary to the boss of Carini Giuseppe Lo Duca. They had agreed to pay 5,000 euros for eight hundred votes collected in four countries. Six euros per vote.

So said the boss ended up in handcuffs: "Do you think that the rest of us go to campaign without earning a lira?" Here is the "philosophy" of the mafiosi today. The boss said: "I can correspond to the moment of three, at most four countries. Cute, Turret. Cinisi, Terrasini». It is also the sign of the smaller spaces of intervention of a Cosa Nostra weakened by arrests and trials. But the godparents released in recent times, such as Lo Duca, are not resigned. And they try to resume contact with the territory. While the mafiosi in prison are more cautious, they are taking a step back. Even for the local elections in June they had substantially chosen abstentionism: only nine voted in Pagliarelli, six came from the Department of High Surveillance.
Palermo, the arrest of the candidate Ferrigno. The boss's reassurances: "I can correspond for four countries"

Then, there is another variable. Probably, at this stage, a substantial piece of mafia organization is watching. Waiting for openings, signals, winks from politics. In the field, there are also new criminal subjects, or rather, old presences returned strong: "As for the villages - said Lo Duca - we do not have problems, there is Passo di Rigano ... there are, there are." Passo di Rigano, or the kingdom of the Inzerillo, the "escapees" of the second mafia war who after the death of Totò Riina in 2017 returned from the United States and want to take back Palermo. Through a new presence on the territory.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Mafia, the loyal Messina Denaro comes out of jail and reorganizes the superlatant network, 35 arrests. Interception: "He is alive and well"
by Salvo Palazzolo

Trapani, the hunt for the godfather of the massacres still in freedom. The investigations of the Ros and the provincial command, coordinated by the prosecutor of Palermo, have focused for months on an old acquaintance: Francesco Luppino. During the night, seventy searches throughout the province. The commander of Ros Angelosanto: "he is not the head of Cosa Nostra, but the mafia province of Trapani is firmly in his hands"

Three years ago, he was released from prison after yet another sentence. Francesco Luppino, considered one of the main spokespersons of Matteo Messina Denaro, wasted no time: from Campobello di Mazara, the heart of the province of Trapani, he returned to weave his network of relationships. And in a short time he has rebuilt a new group of loyalists around the red primrose of Cosa Nostra, the man who knows the secrets of the massacres, seems to have become impregnable since June 1993.

"He is alive and well", said Luppino's right arm. , intercepted while talking to an accomplice. He did not escape the carabinieri del Ros and colleagues from the provincial command of Trapani: the investigation coordinated by the Palermo anti-mafia district prosecutor's office triggered a blitz tonight with 35 arrests. The pool coordinated by the deputy prosecutor Paolo Guido also ordered about seventy searches throughout the province of Trapani. The hunt for Messina Denaro does not stop, but he remains a ghost.

Today he is 60 years old, and has to serve several life sentences: for the Falcone, Borsellino massacres, for the bombs in Rome, Milan and Florence.

In the season of the attack on the state, he was the "protégé" of Totò Riina, the head of the bosses. Today, he has become the director of the new Cosa Nostra, which he has converted into a holding company that is always committed to investing. For this reason, the surveys continue to be full of small and large entrepreneurs who act as front names. But where did he go? "He is not the head of Cosa Nostra, but the mafia province of Trapani is firmly in the hands of Matteo Messina Denaro - says the commander of the Ros, General Pasquale Angelosanto - for this reason the investigations of the Arma coordinated by the Palermo prosecutor's office are characterized by an incessant, progressive action: since 2011, Over 140 precautionary measures were carried out on the province of Trapani and assets for 250 million euros were seized. Investigations that have always interrupted the reorganization of the district structures ".

The wiretapping
In an interception a few years ago, the carabinieri heard the son of a mafia historian saying: "Iddu was coming to Trapani ... Mimmo accompanied him to the station". Mimmo, Domenico Scimonelli, the entrepreneur who was going to exhibit his Cataratto Chardonnay "Il Gattopardo - La luna" at Vinitaly and then also in Switzerland.

In another interception, an entrepreneur from Campobello di Mazara had been intercepted while saying good morning in his country cottage: "Matteo susiti". Matteo get up. The checks started immediately, but there was no one in the cottage. For sure, Messina Denaro travels a lot. And for years now he has been far from his kingdom. It was the spring of 1993 when they saw him speeding by in Porche. towards the Lido di Marina di Selinunte. Scarf around the neck, Versace trousers and Rolex Daytona. Four years later he had equipped a den in the seaside village of Aspra, near Bagheria - more than a den it was a love nest to meet one of the his lovers - but someone warned him in time that Criminalpol was now very close.

The investigation
The latest investigation conducted by the substitutes of the Dda of Palermo Francesca Dessì, Pierangelo Padova and Alessia Sinatra tries to reconstruct the network of facilitators and accomplices. A judicial strategy that has been going on for some time: in recent years, about 200 people have ended up in prison. Even the sister of the superlatitant, the favorite nephew Francesco Guttadauro, the brothers-in-law. But until today he has never made a false step. And he remains a ghost. Messina Denaro is far away, but he "would still be able to issue directives functional to the reorganization of the structures of the Trapani mafia province", wrote the carabinieri in a statement. The interceptions confirmed that Luppino would have been in close contact with the fugitive for the management of the territory. At stake, there they were appointments and business between Campobello, Mazara del Vallo and Marsala. But also extortion and the control of some judicial auctions.

The pizzini
“I will never leave of my own free will”, he wrote years ago in a note that remained in the investigation network: “I have a code of honor to respect. I owe it to Dad and my principles. I will always stay in my land as long as fate wills it and I will always be available for my friends ". His father, Francesco Messina Denaro, was the old mafia boss of Trapani who took a step back in the days of the massacres, entrusting the Mafia government to his son. And the young man grew up: he was a killer, a mafia manager and also a godfather who gave himself the air of a philosopher of crime: "I'm sorry the conditions you are in - he wrote to his fugitive 'colleague' Sandro Lo Piccolo - I know what it means because even I started as a young man, and now many years have passed, I understand that youth would like to have passed in other ways, but unfortunately a man cannot change his destiny. A man does what he can until his destiny is fulfilled, the important thing is to live everything with serenity and dignity ".

With Lo Piccolo and his father Salvatore he had big projects between Trapani and Palermo: on November 5, 2007, Messina Denaro was going to meet the Lo Piccolo on board a Panda driven by Luppino himself. At one point, however, they made a quick reverse when they noticed the police helicopters were circling the villa of the godfathers of Palermo, in Giardinello. So the red primrose escaped capture once more.
Now, the latest investigation by the prosecutor tells the renewed activism of Francesco Luppino.

I found this a little surprising. Denaro AND Gianni Nicci were on board with the Inzerillos. So why the hell did Rotolo order the LoPiccolos murders? Who gave him the go ahead?
cobra
Straightened out

Post by cobra »

-rotolo was fearing inzerillo return
-rotolo personally strangle santo inzerillo in 1981
-so he opposed to inzerillo return even after gianni nicchi report was positive
-he said "if they begin shooting they will start from me"
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2022/1 ... s/6826386/

Processo ‘ndrangheta stragista, agli atti il verbale del pentito Bruzzese: “Vidi Craxi e Berlusconi in un agrumeto con i boss”

‘ndrangheta stragista, a collaborator declares to have seen Craxi and Berlusconi at a meeting with the bosses
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

‘Ndrangheta, “drug trafficking logistics” dismantled in the port of Gioia Tauro: 36 arrests and seizure of over 4 tons of cocaine

https://news.italy24.press/news/84857.html
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

scagghiuni wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:27 am ‘Ndrangheta, “drug trafficking logistics” dismantled in the port of Gioia Tauro: 36 arrests and seizure of over 4 tons of cocaine

https://news.italy24.press/news/84857.html
Vice News article on this story says this was Ndrangheta working with Camorra. Interesting. https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5v8v9/ ... m=news_tab