General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by DPG »

Rastelli, hell I thought he was underboss during all this and that he came up under Rastelli
I get it....first rule of fight club.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Giaccone was with the Rastelli crew before Rastelli joined the administration. Not sure what the succession was, if any, but there seems to be some logic to Massino being under Giaccone.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Looking through my notes, I have Massino under Mike Sabella by 1977. I think it was JD who discovered this. He was a frequent guest at Toyland. However, the typical belief is that Massino came up under Giaccone and was first put with his crew when he was made. Then for some reason, probably because of a falling out with Giaccone, Massino changed crew affiliation. Not sure how accurate that is, I can´t remember the source.
There you have it, never printed before.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Never seen anything about Massino being under Mike Sabella. Massino was placed in the Giaccone crew when he was made and LCNBios has him under captain James Galante around 1978. Not sure if he was moved back to Giaccone at some point before Galante's murder, though I remember something about him being direct with the administration at one point but might be confusing it with something else.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

B. wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:41 am Never seen anything about Massino being under Mike Sabella. Massino was placed in the Giaccone crew when he was made and LCNBios has him under captain James Galante around 1978. Not sure if he was moved back to Giaccone at some point before Galante's murder, though I remember something about him being direct with the administration at one point but might be confusing it with something else.

Trying to find that post but can´t find it. B, do you have a link? Not sure if the note I have on Massino at some point being under Mike Sabella is correct or a mistake from my part. Would love to find out.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:07 am
B. wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:41 am Never seen anything about Massino being under Mike Sabella. Massino was placed in the Giaccone crew when he was made and LCNBios has him under captain James Galante around 1978. Not sure if he was moved back to Giaccone at some point before Galante's murder, though I remember something about him being direct with the administration at one point but might be confusing it with something else.

Trying to find that post but can´t find it. B, do you have a link? Not sure if the note I have on Massino at some point being under Mike Sabella is correct or a mistake from my part. Would love to find out.
Never mind B. I found the post!
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Sure thing: http://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2018/02/bon ... 1970s.html
LCNBios wrote:- James 'Jimmy' Galante (40y) [CW Massino's Captain for brief period c. 1978]
Could have been around the time that Massino was asked to stop visiting Rastelli at Carmine Galante's request, which Vitale talked about. Maybe they put him under Jimmy Galante to keep an eye on him?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

B. wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:31 am

Sure thing: http://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2018/02/bon ... 1970s.html
LCNBios wrote:- James 'Jimmy' Galante (40y) [CW Massino's Captain for brief period c. 1978]
Could have been around the time that Massino was asked to stop visiting Rastelli at Carmine Galante's request, which Vitale talked about. Maybe they put him under Jimmy Galante to keep an eye on him?

Thanks buddy!

Still don´t know why I have him under Sabella by 1977. Gosh...I´m getting old. :)
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

now that Barney's buffer has died, Red I think his nickname was, has there been any news on who he is using to carry his messages?
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

DPG wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:19 am now that Barney's buffer has died, Red I think his nickname was, has there been any news on who he is using to carry his messages?
Great question. I wonder if red’s social club is still active now that he passed away. About barney’s new street boss, my guess is danny leo.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:52 am
DPG wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:19 am now that Barney's buffer has died, Red I think his nickname was, has there been any news on who he is using to carry his messages?
Great question. I wonder if red’s social club is still active now that he passed away. About barney’s new street boss, my guess is danny leo.
I thought Leo was mentioned as having a position already in the Rubeo, Rooster tapes? You could be right, but it could be anyone that Barney trusts and works under the radar. My guess is that Leo is probably the official underboss.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Guess he could basically serve as both since street boss is kind of a made up position in my mind. Any clue how close Leo and Barney are?
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

DPG wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:45 pm Guess he could basically serve as both since street boss is kind of a made up position in my mind. Any clue how close Leo and Barney are?
Good question. Both barney and leo were close to the chin so they must’ve had some sorta relationship.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

*sort of
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:48 pm
DPG wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:45 pm Guess he could basically serve as both since street boss is kind of a made up position in my mind. Any clue how close Leo and Barney are?
Good question. Both barney and leo were close to the chin so they must’ve had some sorta relationship.
My guess as to who replaced Petey Red is someone who we and LE would not suspect, just like Petey Red. Nobody had a clue he was street boss for half or more of his term.