Joey merlino and others busted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

chin_gigante wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:26 pm
Slumpy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:03 pm Kind of unreal they don 't consider Merlino a flight risk.
Going on the lam to avoid a two-year sentence would be the dumbest thing he could possibly do.
Yeah. The guy did fifteen years. He’s going to become a fugitive for an 18 month sentence? Probably, not likely.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

chin_gigante wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:26 pm
Slumpy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:03 pm Kind of unreal they don 't consider Merlino a flight risk.
Going on the lam to avoid a two-year sentence would be the dumbest thing he could possibly do.
It's rarely about the actual risk with guys like Merlino and in any case and they're not just going to put him in prison and be like "well, that's good enough" they're going to try to continue nailing him to the post until they get him.
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

What I mean is, it's unusual to give a career criminal so months many before having to report to prison, regardless of whether or not they think he will run (and I realise its highly unlikely he would).

But also consider this: While he's sitting in prison they will continue looking for a way to put him in for life. It's not about this one charge, these things aren't happening in a vacuum.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Dude, Merlino is not going to lamb it and be numero uno on America’s most wanted for the next 40 years for an 18 month sentence.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Yeah, I realise that. I'm saying it's pretty charitable considering they could have called him a flight risk and taken him from court straight to prison regardless of whether or not there was any chance of that happening. It's not the first time the authorities have argued this, during his bail hearing in 2016 they tabled the "flight risk" argument to prevent him getting back on the streets. It's not about following the letter of the law, it's about hurting career criminals, hence why Merino got the max sentence.
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

On a local jail or detention center level, it’s fairly commonplace at final sentencing for the judge to hand down a specific day to turn yourself in.

While back, I did a 90 day jolt with the same circumstances, just made sure I was processed in before midnight to get credit for the first day, lol...
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

90 days? Was that for your fourth DUI? Haha
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

I bet they are trying to hit Joey with a major RICO case while he’s doing this two year bid involving the Persiano wires with Piccolo , Grande, and Servidio....
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:30 am I bet they are trying to hit Joey with a major RICO case while he’s doing this two year bid involving the Persiano wires with Piccolo , Grande, and Servidio....
was joey on the street at the time of Persiano flipping and those recordings? Between the Persiano tapes and the DiPietro grand jury rumors, Dom Grande shouldnt buy yellow bananas any time soon. Doubt he has the $500K that Merlino had for a high-profile lawyer laying around either.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Joey has been out since 2011, of course he was out on the streets during Persiano wearing the wire and introducing the FBI agent.
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:05 am Joey has been out since 2011, of course he was out on the streets during Persiano wearing the wire and introducing the FBI agent.
cool, thanks. guess i could have searched the dates, but i appreciate you laying it out.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Merlino is going to Butner Federal Prison, maybe he and Persico can get some rackets going on the inside. ;)

BTW Merlino's new bodyguard looks like a giant next to Merlino.

He also got 1 year of supervised release in addition to the 2 year sentence.

https://twitter.com/DSchratwieser?ref_s ... r%5Eauthor
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

PHL_Mob wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:45 am 90 days? Was that for your fourth DUI? Haha

4th DUI is a felony here in this Commonwealth, and they have no problem giving you 1-5 for that, and taling your license away forever after your out.

My shit was low on the food chain...

Theft by Unlawful Taking > $1000, Non Payment of fines, and had a warrant out for failure to appear for a fucking court date. I had more time than money, so I plead out and took the 90, lol..
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

^that should read less than a $1,000 not more
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

willychichi wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:29 am Merlino is going to Butner Federal Prison, maybe he and Persico can get some rackets going on the inside. ;)

BTW Merlino's new bodyguard looks like a giant next to Merlino.

He also got 1 year of supervised release in addition to the 2 year sentence.

https://twitter.com/DSchratwieser?ref_s ... r%5Eauthor
The 1 year supervised is just as bad as the time IMO.
He'd better be REAL careful when he gets out. Stay
in Boca, and not see anyone. They will be wanting
him to violate big time.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'