General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:22 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:14 pm
Ivan wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:10 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:58 pm He goes on to say that the "old guys [senior Outfit members] are done" because they didn't want another Family Secrets.
Interesting. Could elaborate on this? He means DiFronzo, Andriacci, D'Amico? (Pardon my ignorance again.)
Didn't mention anyone specific, but I'd assume he included Vena as he did not give permission for the murders.
Snakes, any insight on who he’s talking about the big older guy with a huge appetite that has a social club on Addison st. That guy use to be at Sally’s Pancake House on Sundays but then started going to Emmy’s. Also lives around Harlem and North, which borders River Forest. They think Frankie Q and Dimitri could possibly be meeting him. In my opinion it sounds like Joey A. Lives in River Forest, had a social club and also use to go to Sally’s Pancake House.
Not sure, but I may have missed something along the way about it.

Also, I think the idea that Elmwood Park was deactivated can be put to bed. We have evidence of Gagliano, the Cassanos, Dote, Larry Petitt, and others being active well into the new millennium and up to the present day.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 3:41 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:58 pm He goes on to say that the "old guys [senior Outfit members] are done" because they didn't want another Family Secrets.
Interesting. Could elaborate on this? He means DiFronzo, Andriacci, D'Amico? (Pardon my ignorance again.)
Didn't mention anyone specific, but I'd assume he included Vena as he did not give permission for the murders.
Snakes, any insight on who he’s talking about the big older guy with a huge appetite that has a social club on Addison st. That guy use to be at Sally’s Pancake House on Sundays but then started going to Emmy’s. Also lives around Harlem and North, which borders River Forest. They think Frankie Q and Dimitri could possibly be meeting him. In my opinion it sounds like Joey A. Lives in River Forest, had a social club and also use to go to Sally’s Pancake House.

Also, I think the idea that Elmwood Park was deactivated can be put to bed. We have evidence of Gagliano, the Cassanos, Dote, Larry Petitt, and others being active well into the new millennium and up to the present day.
I totally agree with you on that. To many guys still around and getting busted for there to be any evidence that they were deactivated.

Actually I remember Mandell said something to the effect “we will show them what the Elmwood Park crew can do”.

How did Larry Petitt fit into the equation? You said he was mentioned by Mandell.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:35 pm

I totally agree with you on that. To many guys still around and getting busted for there to be any evidence that they were deactivated.

Actually I remember Mandell said something to the effect “we will show them what the Elmwood Park crew can do”.

How did Larry Petitt fit into the equation? You said he was mentioned by Mandell.
So the Outfit is still churning correct?
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Mandell checked with Petitt (EP crew member) to see if Stavropoulos's club was kicking up to anyone (Stavropoulos also reported to that crew)
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Snakes - Looks like I'm off here. Did it come out in the trial that Petitt was in contact with Mandell? As it relates to Grand and Harlem I think they are at one point referencing Fred Pacente, who was affiliated with Crazy Horse in Vegas among others in Miami and Chicago.

13 MICHAEL: That Grand and Harlem has been brought up to me
14 on numerous occasions by What’s Up Buddy.
16 MANDELL: Well, who’s What’s Up Buddy?
18 MICHAEL: You know who I’m talking about.
20 MANDELL: What’s Up Buddy? Handsome?
22 MICHAEL: (Inaudible). No. Your old—
24 MANDELL: Not Robert Redford?
26 MICHAEL: No, your old old friend Freddie.
28 MANDELL: Oh really?
30 MICHAEL: Really.
32 MANDELL: The guy that had the big business, that couldn’t
33 handle it. That, that guy?
35 (Simultaneous conversation).
37 MICHAEL: Yeah went down—
39 MANDELL: Who had the business?
41 MICHAEL: Yeah, it went down the toilet. Yeah.
43 MANDELL: And he—It was, uh, it was handed to him on a
44 silver platter and he couldn’t even handle it,
45 right? That guy?
47 MICHAEL: For free. For free. For free.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I said this same thing when this all went down and people insisted he was just interchanging Elmwood Park and Grand Avenue lol.

Funny this is all coming back up, it felt like when all this info came out it was quickly off the radar, which I thought was odd given the amount of important nuggets that came out of it.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:40 pm

I said this same thing when this all went down and people insisted he was just interchanging Elmwood Park and Grand Avenue lol.

Funny this is all coming back up, it felt like when all this info came out it was quickly off the radar, which I thought was odd given the amount of important nuggets that came out of it.
Everyone took Fosco’s claim as to EP being “deactivated” as fact, of course. So when the Mandell stuff first came out, it got largely dismissed.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:10 pm Snakes - Looks like I'm off here. Did it come out in the trial that Petitt was in contact with Mandell? As it relates to Grand and Harlem I think they are at one point referencing Fred Pacente, who was affiliated with Crazy Horse in Vegas among others in Miami and Chicago.

45 right? That guy?
I haven't seen anything concerning who "Freddie" is
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Snakes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:48 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:10 pm Snakes - Looks like I'm off here. Did it come out in the trial that Petitt was in contact with Mandell? As it relates to Grand and Harlem I think they are at one point referencing Fred Pacente, who was affiliated with Crazy Horse in Vegas among others in Miami and Chicago.

45 right? That guy?
Where did it come out that Mandell was in touch with Larry Pettit? Was that in a court transcript? I'm just guessing Pacente is 'Freddie' given they are talking about major strip clubs in that regard and they are both former cops and from the same neighborhood.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:52 pm
funkster wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:40 pm

Everyone took Fosco’s claim as to EP being “deactivated” as fact, of course. So when the Mandell stuff first came out, it got largely dismissed.
Fosco always had his bizarre Difronzo obsession
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

45 right? That guy?
Very well could be Fred Paciente. Paciente was involved in strip clubs but not as an owner from my knowledge. I know Paciente was close to that Michael who was recording Mandell. Not sure what business he is talking about Freddy not being able to handle even though it was given to him.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Great old video guys might like on Elmwood Park - Frank Jr and his guys looks like late 70s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfHi7eqv1nQ
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:52 am Great old video guys might like on Elmwood Park - Frank Jr and his guys looks like late 70s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfHi7eqv1nQ
“Get the fuck outta here, jagoff”.

Great footage, very nostalgic stuff given how much EP has changed over the years.

The YT account also has a brief clip of Anthony Cassano, at one of the Italian Societies or Fests.

Also has this video at Caputo’s in Addison. If anyone who’s reading and isn’t from Chicago wants to know how people in Chicago really were/are like.

“How’s da hot? Is da hot hot?”:

https://youtu.be/c9w5lUZp_PA?si=xkw17RNOYFchWtln
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:00 am

45 right? That guy?
Where did it come out that Mandell was in touch with Larry Pettit? Was that in a court transcript? I'm just guessing Pacente is 'Freddie' given they are talking about major strip clubs in that regard and they are both former cops and from the same neighborhood.
In court -- Mandell asked Petitt "Is that club spoken for?"
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:36 am If anyone who’s reading and isn’t from Chicago wants to know how people in Chicago really were/are like.
Whenever I run into Chicagoans who are like this now in 2024, they always live out in the suburbs, and never within the city limits.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID