General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Antiliar »

Maybe you might have luck finding Al Capone and John Torrio in the 1920 census. I haven't been successful.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:39 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:31 pm
Villain wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 pm
Yes, Mike Lupo Sr was possibly a made member of the Outfit, first under Cerone and later under Gagliano...this is what I managed to find with a quick search...i believe theres more..

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... =mike_lupo
The page before the one that you posted has a very interesting statement, down at the bottom. Hard to tell if Cerone is describing Lupo as his "stepson" or if he's stating that both Lupo and another guy who was Jack's "stepson" were both present, but it does seem like he's referring to Lupo. Now, Jack's wife was Clara Russo of course, and I don't see that Mike Lupo has any connection to her. If Mike Lupo really was the same guy that I identified above he was only 16 years younger than Cerone, though I suppose it's possible that Cerone was a like mentor and father figure to him and that's why he refers to him here as his "boy". Recall again that Cerone lived just a few buildings around the corner from the Guzaldos who both married Lupo women, at Huron and Homan. It's possible then that he knew Mike Lupo from a very young age (a lot of assumptions here of course).

The context of this 1962 conversation is also interesting. Giancana is berating Cerone as he thinks that Jack may have been meeting with Outfit-linked politicans in his home, and the Feds have started targeting some of these politicans, such as soon-to-be US congressman Frank Annunzio, 28th Ward Alderman/Committeeman Tony Girolami, and Elmwood Park mayor Elmer Conti (off the top of my head I'm drawing a blank for the "Pete" that Giancana is referring to here?). As Giancana correctly states "We're gonna get all loused up. Because if you louse them up you louse everything up. [...] I'm just telling ya because if we lose these guys we're dead, we gotta rely on them." It took 30 more years for the feds to finally smash the Outfit's political control (as well as their control over the court system), but the results certainly paint Mooney's statement as prescient (incidentally, Giancana's viewpoint here also goes to underscore the crucial importance of the "connection guys" like Humphreys, Alex, and Pierce for the Outfit admin).
Just realized that the "Pete" Giancana was referring to was then Illinois state legislator Peter Granata.
Great stuff. Yeah ive seen that reference made by Cerone regarding Mike Lupo (possibly real name Mario) and "stepson" but i kept my mouth shut since i didnt know what to make out of it lol. Either way, Lupo was huge in the Apex company and later his son became huge in the legit biz, same as his newphew and i think they all have the same name. Today they have a legit firm in EP, like the old EP crew way lol It is possible that Lupo was under Cerone as his rep in Cicero since Lupo allegedly entered the Apex through Eddie Vogel and Alex.

This is from 1952...

Regarding Giancanas statement, theres also a similar one made by Ricca in which he told Buddy Jacobson that the First Ward and the organization had to be patient and to wait, which means that during the early 60s the First Ward was on some type of "pause" at the time, possibly because the Outfit thought they had a rat in there.

Also, Alexs older sister was married to the son of former State rep Al Prignano who was killed in 1936 i think, which confirms Alexs dad old time connections possibly made through his business partner at the time Bruno Roti Sr.

I think Tony Barbara was Fred's dad? and he was under Roti Sr/Caruso aka the old Chinatown crew
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:31 pm
Villain wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 pm
Yes, Mike Lupo Sr was possibly a made member of the Outfit, first under Cerone and later under Gagliano...this is what I managed to find with a quick search...i believe theres more..

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... =mike_lupo
The page before the one that you posted has a very interesting statement, down at the bottom. Hard to tell if Cerone is describing Lupo as his "stepson" or if he's stating that both Lupo and another guy who was Jack's "stepson" were both present, but it does seem like he's referring to Lupo. Now, Jack's wife was Clara Russo of course, and I don't see that Mike Lupo has any connection to her. If Mike Lupo really was the same guy that I identified above he was only 16 years younger than Cerone, though I suppose it's possible that Cerone was a like mentor and father figure to him and that's why he refers to him here as his "boy". Recall again that Cerone lived just a few buildings around the corner from the Guzaldos who both married Lupo women, at Huron and Homan. It's possible then that he knew Mike Lupo from a very young age (a lot of assumptions here of course).

The context of this 1962 conversation is also interesting. Giancana is berating Cerone as he thinks that Jack may have been meeting with Outfit-linked politicans in his home, and the Feds have started targeting some of these politicans, such as soon-to-be US congressman Frank Annunzio, 28th Ward Alderman/Committeeman Tony Girolami, and Elmwood Park mayor Elmer Conti (off the top of my head I'm drawing a blank for the "Pete" that Giancana is referring to here?). As Giancana correctly states "We're gonna get all loused up. Because if you louse them up you louse everything up. [...] I'm just telling ya because if we lose these guys we're dead, we gotta rely on them." It took 30 more years for the feds to finally smash the Outfit's political control (as well as their control over the court system), but the results certainly paint Mooney's statement as prescient (incidentally, Giancana's viewpoint here also goes to underscore the crucial importance of the "connection guys" like Humphreys, Alex, and Pierce for the Outfit admin).
Really interesting stuff. It once again shows how crucial the political, legal, and law enforcement connections were to the organization. They truly were ingrained in the system in Chicago/Illinois.

I believe it was Villian or someone else who posted a similar conversation with Humphries from the early 60's where he says something like "If we lose this guy, we are done" in speaking about some senator.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

They used to have several senators...like this one...

Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Some interesting info on old time Capone member Louis Pasquale...

Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Villain wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:05 am Some interesting info on old time Capone member Louis Pasquale...

When was this from Villian?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:08 am
Villain wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:05 am Some interesting info on old time Capone member Louis Pasquale...

Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:08 am

As Snakes already said, this is from the early 60s and when Pasquale stated "several years ago", he meant when the new generation or when Giancana took over in 57, he pushed out some of the old players like Pasquale and DeChiaro.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Some interesting info from the old Chicago - Denver connection...even though the first informant is suspicious, still i always used to say that Louie Fratto was a lot more than just a rep in Des Moines lol....

Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Some interesting info regarding the old time Vinci clan from the South Side...enjoy...

These first clips are regarding 1920...

The second clips are regarding the year of 1925...

The following are from 1926...

Regarding the year of 1940...

Next is the year of 1942...

The year of 1945...

Next is regarding 1946...

The year of 1957...

And the last one is regarding the early 1960's...

cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Any idea where in Italy this Vinci family was from?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

cavita wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:54 pm Any idea where in Italy this Vinci family was from?
Simbario, Vibo Valentia. Vincenzo, Salvatore, and Michele Vinci were all born in Simbario, while Joseph and Charles were younger and born in Chicago. Their parents were Francesco Vinci and Mariangiola Farina.

This seems pretty important given their area of operation, as Bruno Roti was of course also from Simbario.

One thing to note is that decades later the Vincis owned land way up north at Clark and Ridge. Even if they were Calabresi, if the Vincis had old time connections to the Sicilians then perhaps they also had some close connects to the Northside crew.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

One thought I've been chewing on is whether these Calabresi like Roti and the Vincis in Chinatown, along with the Ruberto/Ammirato/Liparota clan in the Heights, had any connections to the old Onorota Società or Camorra of Calabria (the later Ndrangheta). Its certainly possible such an affiliation that could've given them connections to the Colosimo/Torrio gang even before Capone. I've read before that Bruno Roti was considered a "Black Hander" in his early days, and we know that extortion (along with pimping) was a major stock in trade of the original Camorra.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Thanks for the additional info Polack and also thats a good question. I also wonder if all of these conflicts on the south side were the main reason behind Belcastros transfer on the west side? Also, since we can see that some south side clans (mainlanders) first were in alliance with Sicilian Mafia/Aiello against Capone, this might explain to an extent Belcastros early contacts to Mangano and transferring their loyalty to Capone, meaning during the south conflicts and after the assassination attempt, Belcastro possibly ran into the hands of his other cohorts from the west side aka the Mangano/Fanelli crew...previously the Genaros, Rotis and probably the Vincis were Belcastros close associates but later things changed. This also might explain Phil D'Andreas close contacts with these clans and the Sicilians, and later he receiving control over the south side so he can keep the peace among these fellas for Capone.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

....in addition to my previous post, i can also see that Joe Vinci lived at 4945 S Paulina St, while the Buccieri family lived at 809 S Paulina St which is another proof regarding the theory about Buccieri's early South connections. Similar to Belcastro, Buccieri was always considered a west side guy but the reality was that he also had interests on the south side. Alex bringing Buccieri in his own territory during the mid 60s wasnt a coincidence at all, since Alex obviously knew the real history