General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:31 pm Massive fire at the pallet yard at 2029 hubbard right now. That's not the spot that Panozzo had a connection to was it? I dont remember.
Yeah, I’m told it’s a freakin inferno there now.

Commercial Pallet. Place has been there for years. It was owned by some guys named Ragen back in the day, I worked when I was young for some places that did business with them and we used to run around as kids on Hubbard there. Not sure if Panozzo specifically was involved with them, but wouldn’t surprise me if he was and if someone else had them on the arm. Skid business is subject to theft from organized burglars and prone to, you know, unfortunate fires. Exactly the kind of blue collar business that these guys target.

I recall that Poker DiForti was suspected of having whacked out the owner of a pallet company in the burbs who was stiffing him on some big juice loans (IIRC). I always wondered if the old man Francesco Caruso was into pallets, as his nickname was “Skids” and in Chicago we always called wooden pallets skids. I believe that like many of his paesani from Tèrmini Imerese, he worked in produce wholesaling when young, which would fit the nickname at least.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Yeah, Poker got indicted for that murder but died before it went to trial. That guy worked at the place that's burning?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:12 pm Yeah, Poker got indicted for that murder but died before it went to trial. That guy worked at the place that's burning?
I don’t believe so. The guy that DiForti clipped owned a different pallet company in the suburbs. I was just thinking off the top of my head of other outfit guys with ties to pallet companies, as I think it’s the kind of business ripe for mafia extortion/“protection”.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:52 pm
funkster wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:31 pm Massive fire at the pallet yard at 2029 hubbard right now. That's not the spot that Panozzo had a connection to was it? I dont remember.
Yeah, I’m told it’s a freakin inferno there now.

Commercial Pallet. Place has been there for years. It was owned by some guys named Ragen back in the day, I worked when I was young for some places that did business with them and we used to run around as kids on Hubbard there. Not sure if Panozzo specifically was involved with them, but wouldn’t surprise me if he was and if someone else had them on the arm. Skid business is subject to theft from organized burglars and prone to, you know, unfortunate fires. Exactly the kind of blue collar business that these guys target.

I recall that Poker DiForti was suspected of having whacked out the owner of a pallet company in the burbs who was stiffing him on some big juice loans (IIRC). I always wondered if the old man Francesco Caruso was into pallets, as his nickname was “Skids” and in Chicago we always called wooden pallets skids. I believe that like many of his paesani from Tèrmini Imerese, he worked in produce wholesaling when young, which would fit the nickname at least.
It may not be the same spot. I vaguely remember there being a junkyard at least nearby that had the mural of mob wives or something related to the mob?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

I saw this. It looks like Gigi is somewhat close with Bobby Didiana. For those that don’t remember, Didiana was arrested and did time for an arson where he hired some gang members to burn down one of his buildings so he could collect insurance. Didiana has always been known to have ties to the Outfit but it’s always been unclear of what his role was or is.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C79irv4u ... d4c2NicQ==
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:48 pm I saw this. It looks like Gigi is somewhat close with Bobby Didiana. For those that don’t remember, Didiana was arrested and did time for an arson where he hired some gang members to burn down one of his buildings so he could collect insurance. Didiana has always been known to have ties to the Outfit but it’s always been unclear of what his role was or is.

“Look at da size of dis, like yer sister’s ass” lol.

Bobby D’s getting old. Been a long time since I been to the original Bacci’s on Taylor. Remember when they opened up the location on Chicago and Western in my neck of the woods, used to go in all the time. Big stupid slices like that were not common to find in Chicago back then.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

lol, thanks for sharing that

big fan of that weird bellowing noise Gigi makes at the beginning of his videos
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:54 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:48 pm I saw this. It looks like Gigi is somewhat close with Bobby Didiana. For those that don’t remember, Didiana was arrested and did time for an arson where he hired some gang members to burn down one of his buildings so he could collect insurance. Didiana has always been known to have ties to the Outfit but it’s always been unclear of what his role was or is.

Bobby D’s getting old. Been a long time since I been to the original Bacci’s on Taylor. Remember when they opened up the location on Chicago and Western in my neck of the woods, used to go in all the time. Big stupid slices like that were not common to find in Chicago back then.
Remember the slice place across the street from Bacci on Chicago that was owned by those crazy husband and wife that were always fighting with each other in the restaurant? Same concept at Bacci with jumbo slices. I forget the name..maybe Village Slice or Village pizza? It’s closed now.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

How old was Gigi when he came to America from Italy? I was under the impression that he was relatively old when he got here, like in his early teens already, but he sounds about as American as I do in that clip. Figured he'd have more of an accent.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:20 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:54 pm

Remember the slice place across the street from Bacci on Chicago that was owned by those crazy husband and wife that were always fighting with each other in the restaurant? Same concept at Bacci with jumbo slices. I forget the name..maybe Village Slice or Village pizza? It’s closed now.
Oh for sure lol. Village Pizzeria. Was never a fan, preferred Bacci for that same stupid big slice style. Bacci’s seemed to have set off a fad of copycats back then.

That corner had a long mob history too. The Bravos brothers used to run gambling and juice out of a Greek diner/tavern located there back in the 60s. Greeks were still there when I was kid, but they tore that building down and last I recall never developed it as it was still an empty lot last time I remember being there a couple years ago.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:54 pm yer sister’s ass
I subjected myself to a bunch of his videos just now and he randomly says this in non-size-comparison contexts, too. Seems to mean something like "fuhgettaboutit" when he uses it that way. :|

AAAAAAGGGHH IT'S THE KID YOU BUNCH OF CHOOCHES OUT THERE

Gotta say the food at his joint looks amazing.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

I read that Bacci's is owned by Vito Salamone who was a part owner in the Chicago business - he gave a franchise to his kids to open one down at their university in Peoria, IL.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Two things:
Do all people from Chicago talk like that?
And 2) this guy doesn't ever shut up. From city council meetings to his restaurant to his friends restaurants, Jesus. Give it a rest guy.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

On the other forums, they say Gigi's brother testified against Mickey Davis and that neither of them have anything to do with the modern day Chicago Outfit. If you look at the Davis court transcripts, it appears Rovito put that entire case together for the government - perhaps Gigi is an instragram gangster and getting a YouTube podcast soon?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:47 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:54 pm yer sister’s ass
I subjected myself to a bunch of his videos just now and he randomly says this in non-size-comparison contexts, too. Seems to mean something like "fuhgettaboutit" when he uses it that way. :|
I mean, that’s just a stereotypical Italian thing. “Your sister’s ass”, “your sister’s cunt”, etc.