Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:22 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:20 pm Update on Magnafichi:

https://www.americannewspost.com/joseph ... nsultancy/
I saw that. I wonder about this alleged fencing operation he worked for. I sent Fosco a message asking if this operation paid tribute to the Outfit. He has not responded yet. Funny how he’s saying he’s legit. I have heard from some sources that he his back to bookmaking. Who knows if that is true
Yep, as I said before I've heard that Mags is no longer necessarily on the outs.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:22 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:16 pm
funkster wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:01 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:45 pm
funkster wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:38 am Gino Cassano indicted yesterday on extortion charges.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/cri ... story.html
Great find Funk. I’ve always heard that the Cassano Bros were some rough guys, looks like “white collar” EP has no problem throwing a guy a beating over a juice loan still lol.

Not sure about Gino, but I believe that Angelo and Vito “Pops” Cassano at least were born in Bari. Worth noting that there were/are Cassano members of the SCU in Bari (e.g., the Diomede clan in Modugno, the Conte-Cassano clan in Bitonto), not that I know of a specific close connection. Given his surname and the Italian given name, I think it’s pretty likely that the Gioacchino Galione named here is from Sicily, probably Agrigento if I had to guess (the Galione surname is strongly concentrated around Casteltermini, Agrigento). Galione is a younger guy, on top of that. Seems like the Addison “zips” might still be an active thing.
Was going to say, has anyone heard of this Galione guy?
I have not personally heard of this Galione but wasn’t there a Galione in the Chinatown crew? I will have to do some research to confirm. And if it is confirmed, then like Tony said he is most likely Sicilian.
Carl Galione was an associate of Ronnie Jarrett and owned a company in the Hired Truck Program.
Yep your right. He still owns a trucking business out in Romeoville called Metro Lift Truck. A quick google search said he was a bodyguard and driver of Ronnie Jarrett. Not sure if that is true
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

What about Nick Gio? A player at all?
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 pm What about Nick Gio? A player at all?
Not unless it's in prison
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:55 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 pm What about Nick Gio? A player at all?
What was his conviction
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Not him...was there. Nick Gio who got caught on camera or something about to shoot at someones house in a white Navigator...maybe it was Magnafachis house?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:02 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:55 pm
What was his conviction
Nick Gio from the Lenny Patrick crew? He is serving life in state prison for murder.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:38 am Gino Cassano indicted yesterday on extortion charges.

Great find Funk. I’ve always heard that the Cassano Bros were some rough guys, looks like “white collar” EP has no problem throwing a guy a beating over a juice loan still lol.

Not sure about Gino, but I believe that Angelo and Vito “Pops” Cassano at least were born in Bari. Worth noting that there were/are Cassano members of the SCU in Bari (e.g., the Diomede clan in Modugno, the Conte-Cassano clan in Bitonto), not that I know of a specific close connection. Given his surname and the Italian given name, I think it’s pretty likely that the Gioacchino Galione named here is from Sicily, probably Agrigento if I had to guess (the Galione surname is strongly concentrated around Casteltermini, Agrigento). Galione is a younger guy, on top of that. Seems like the Addison “zips” might still be an active thing.
I have not personally heard of this Galione but wasn’t there a Galione in the Chinatown crew? I will have to do some research to confirm. And if it is confirmed, then like Tony said he is most likely Sicilian.
Carl Galione was an associate of Ronnie Jarrett and owned a company in the Hired Truck Program.
Boom, lol.

This guy should be Calogero Galione, born 1949 in Casteltermini, Agrigento. Naturalized in Chicago 1968, living at 26th and Union.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:29 pm

Boom, lol.

This guy should be Calogero Galione, born 1949 in Casteltermini, Agrigento. Naturalized in Chicago 1968, living at 26th and Union.
If the Gioacchino Galione here was born around 1976, looks like he had past addresses in Melrose Park and Addison.

There were several Galiones from Casteltermini who settled in Chicago in the 50s and 60 (and there were others who arrived early in the 20th century as well). Some lived in Chinatown and later moved out to the burbs (Carlo Galione lived in Downers Grove in the 90s) while others seem to have settled in the typical Italian near NW suburbs (Melrose, Stone Park). I believe that these Galiones are probably all connected or related, as one of the Galiones who arrived in Stone Park in the 60s has two people with Bridgeport/Chinatown addresses witnessing their naturalization.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:05 pm Not him...was there. Nick Gio who got caught on camera or something about to shoot at someones house in a white Navigator...maybe it was Magnafachis house?
You're thinking of when Fosco posted videos of someone rolling up to his house. It was definitely not Nick Gio, as Snakes said he's doing a life bid for murder and he's been locked up for many years now.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:57 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:05 pm Not him...was there. Nick Gio who got caught on camera or something about to shoot at someones house in a white Navigator...maybe it was Magnafachis house?
You're thinking of when Fosco posted videos of someone rolling up to his house. It was definitely not Nick Gio, as Snakes said he's doing a life bid for murder and he's been locked up for many years now.
Unless the Outfit is still secretly all-powerful and managed to spring Nick Gio from the can for one night to roll up on Fosco…
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:50 pm
funkster wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:57 pm
Unless the Outfit is still secretly all-powerful and managed to spring Nick Gio from the can for one night to roll up on Fosco…
Got it. Thanks for the clarification.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

What does this have to do with his sweepstakes business the tribune mentioned?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Paloian has terminal brain cancer, judge allows him to put off his report date on the assumption he won't make it anyway.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-mob-gre ... /10933245/
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:53 pm Paloian has terminal brain cancer, judge allows him to put off his report date on the assumption he won't make it anyway.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-mob-gre ... /10933245/
Ufff, poor bastard.