Joey merlino and others busted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Cheech wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:38 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:33 pm
Cheech wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:31 pm wow 2 years for that. super wild.
You had to know it was coming...he will always get the max from now on no matter what...

Good ol life on the installment plan as they say
honestly, I thought this time around since the judge scolded the prosecution for having a weak case and not going to retrial I thought he would get 6 months. no one else even gets arrested for this crime let alone 2 years. you know how many people pass passwords around just in my office? regular people not "wiseguys"
Dude, the law absolutely despises Merlino...you fell for that judges BS charade? They were going to max Joey out either way its all a show.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

I net 20 to 1 that judge and prosecutor that slammed Joey for gambling went out and bought powerball and mega millions tickets after the sentencing hearing
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Unfortunately for Merlino this comes with the life but two years for that bs charge i know the government has a hard on for him but wtf thats rediculous ...obviously Merlino could do 2 years standing on his head this is gotta eat away at him ya gotta think he was mentally preparing to get screwed and hit with the two but i know he was really hoping for a year or less ...what a headache and if he really does have heart problems that whole bs case didnt help the money for the bond and the attorney fees im sure were through the roof and from someone whos done time let me tell ya the older you get the harder the time is to do and 2 years is still 2 years and at his age its tough ....i always think a the kids and he missed out on most of his daughters lives so like i said another 2 you miss , and your getting older it aint easy
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

CTamg65 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:02 pm Unfortunately for Merlino this comes with the life but two years for that bs charge i know the government has a hard on for him but wtf thats rediculous ...obviously Merlino could do 2 years standing on his head this is gotta eat away at him ya gotta think he was mentally preparing to get screwed and hit with the two but i know he was really hoping for a year or less ...what a headache and if he really does have heart problems that whole bs case didnt help the money for the bond and the attorney fees im sure were through the roof and from someone whos done time let me tell ya the older you get the harder the time is to do and 2 years is still 2 years and at his age its tough ....i always think a the kids and he missed out on most of his daughters lives so like i said another 2 you miss , and your getting older it aint easy
Joey may end up doin a life sentence since theres rumors of a possible indictment in philly.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:05 pm
CTamg65 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:02 pm Unfortunately for Merlino this comes with the life but two years for that bs charge i know the government has a hard on for him but wtf thats rediculous ...obviously Merlino could do 2 years standing on his head this is gotta eat away at him ya gotta think he was mentally preparing to get screwed and hit with the two but i know he was really hoping for a year or less ...what a headache and if he really does have heart problems that whole bs case didnt help the money for the bond and the attorney fees im sure were through the roof and from someone whos done time let me tell ya the older you get the harder the time is to do and 2 years is still 2 years and at his age its tough ....i always think a the kids and he missed out on most of his daughters lives so like i said another 2 you miss , and your getting older it aint easy
Joey may end up doin a life sentence since theres rumors of a possible indictment in philly.
Those rumors have been around for 10 years
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Joey is lucky he hasnt been doing life already, he does not mind the 2 lol
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Ozgoz wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:14 pm Zero leniency. They’ll throw everything they can at him. Obviously we’re not talking another ten or whatever it was last time, but they’ll do everything they can.

For better or worse he falls under that Gotti/Colombo category where the law is desperate to bang him straight in the ass.
His own fault, no? He’s been thumbing his nose at the Feds for 25+ years. Of course they wanna fuck him in the ass
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Per mayoface...I found it interesting that the Federal judge stated that “he did not” believe that the Jockey was the boss of Philly any longer.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:25 pm
Cheech wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:38 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:33 pm
Cheech wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:31 pm wow 2 years for that. super wild.
You had to know it was coming...he will always get the max from now on no matter what...

Good ol life on the installment plan as they say
honestly, I thought this time around since the judge scolded the prosecution for having a weak case and not going to retrial I thought he would get 6 months. no one else even gets arrested for this crime let alone 2 years. you know how many people pass passwords around just in my office? regular people not "wiseguys"
Dude, the law absolutely despises Merlino...you fell for that judges BS charade? They were going to max Joey out either way its all a show.
Well, you’re right.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:12 pm Per mayoface...I found it interesting that the Federal judge stated that “he did not” believe that the Jockey was the boss of Philly any longer.
Like that judge would have any clue anyways. The fbi guy on the case thought he was a Genovese member...these guys making it up as they go along just like people at every job.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:52 pm
The rumors have been been around for a while but i have a feeling indictments are just around the corner. I read I believe i bh that subpoenas were filed a couple months back for dom grande and someone else. It seems like the feds r takin their time with this case, so that they get all convictions unlike the ligambi indictment in 2011.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

slimshady_007 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:29 am
Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:52 pm
The rumors have been been around for a while but i have a feeling indictments are just around the corner. I read I believe i bh that subpoenas were filed a couple months back for dom grande and someone else. It seems like the feds r takin their time with this case, so that they get all convictions unlike the ligambi indictment in 2011.
is this connected to the possible made guy who is ratting?
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:14 pm Now on to the important questions we must ask:

Whose gonna be acting boss and who is Deb gonna bang this time around?
Was just jkin around about that by the way, no disrespect towards Deb- She raised her girls right.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Joey got absolutely hosed but it comes with the territory in Federal court. Anything more unamerican than giving someone extra time for crimes that the jury didn't convict but the Judge "believes" he committed? Tells me that if Joey would have gotten convicted, he would have been handed 20 years without the judge missing a beat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jacobs did some great work here with this plea to avoid heavy prison time, plea being used in the future for a rico, and get a plea that the Judge couldn't go above two years. There are loads of federal criminal defense attorneys who could never get close to this deal, but the G gave the deal because they were afraid that Jacobs could get Joey to walk or more hung juries and Lovaglio would be destroyed at another trial. This way they preserve Lovaglio as a witness enough to extort pleas in the Bonanno case.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

More on the story:

Fed-up judge sends reputed Philly mafia boss turned Boca restaurateur back to prison: 'Mr. Merlino, enough, let's move on'

Joey Merlino is headed back to prison. “Skinny Joey,” the reputed boss of the Philadelphia mob who has a home in Boca Raton, was sentenced Wednesday to serve two years in federal prison for a gambling-related count to which he pleaded guilty in April. The sentence, imposed by a federal judge in Manhattan, marks just the latest stint of incarceration for the mouthy celebrity gangster, who has survived assassination attempts, beaten murder charges in court, and spent at least a decade locked up for prior convictions on counts of racketeering, conspiracy, assault or related offenses.

Read more: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/flori ... story.html
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.