Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by CabriniGreen »

Who wouldnt know the Cotronis were Bonnanos? You are losing me now....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:20 am
Lupara wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:09 am I haven't read the Arcuris have anything to do with this. Not sure where this comes from.

To come back to the Bonanno question. Renaud has never specifically stated any of these guys were Bonanno members. That it just my own and others opinion based on, again my own opinion, common sense.

It's impossible to know at this point whether the crew has disolved or whether others have replaced them. There is no information available to us concerning this.

If we had a forum in the 60s or 70s we probably didn't even know the Cotronis were Bonanno members and just presumed like anybody else that they were their own family. Today we are doing the same with the current people on the street.

What was started by The Sixth Family still lives on.
The point was that the Arcuris sold their Gelato shop, and it was said that Gallos people sold some coffee shop or something... Most likely because there was either threats of violence or extortion attempts. lol, Why would you think, that I said the ARCURIS were behind the KIDNAPPING?

No I was saying the Arcuris might have sold the Gelato shop to avoid an extortion attempt....

It is in this context of change of guard that Ital Gelati creamery, one of the symbols of the time of the domination of the Sicilian mafia which belonged to the Arcuri family, was closed a few months ago, and that member of the former clan of Moreno Gallo allegedly sold his coffee company. One or two other emerging clans would seek to take over and infiltrate these areas of the legal economy.

THIS PART!!! They might have left because of attempts at extortion, I mean can we agree on this as a possibility?
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:
Lupara wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:09 am I haven't read the Arcuris have anything to do with this. Not sure where this comes from.

To come back to the Bonanno question. Renaud has never specifically stated any of these guys were Bonanno members. That it just my own and others opinion based on, again my own opinion, common sense.

It's impossible to know at this point whether the crew has disolved or whether others have replaced them. There is no information available to us concerning this.

If we had a forum in the 60s or 70s we probably didn't even know the Cotronis were Bonanno members and just presumed like anybody else that they were their own family. Today we are doing the same with the current people on the street.

What was started by The Sixth Family still lives on.
Are you saying, its NEVER been confirmed that Gallo or the Arcuris were made Bonnanos?

Then why do people insist they MUST be?
No never. But the Arcuris introduced Montagna to everyone and Gallo sided with him too. Since the Bonanno crew had some 20 members and Gallo and Arcuri went back to the Cotroni days they were more than likely one these members. But again just basing this on my own common sense. You are entitled to disagree.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:Who wouldnt know the Cotronis were Bonnanos? You are losing me now....
We are losing you often. In the 60s or 70s no information was available to the public that they were Bonanno members. Only in recent times this has been confirmed. So if we had this forum back then we wouldn't have known this and all assumed there was a Cotroni Mafia family in Montreal just as some are assuming now the Bonannos are finished over there.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

When LE cracks down extensively as they have in both the US, Canada and Italy/Sicily, intensively for over 20-30-40 years already. This is the result. It has happened before to a lesser extent maybe, or without the public realizing because there wasn’t the scrutiny and education of the public as there is today.
-
If LE lifts their pressure, it would allow the “clans” to rebuild into a more formalized structure as you know it. But things are very fractured. And presently “cells” for lack of a better word is how CN is operating throughout the world. Not necessarily by design as much by almost what could be looked upon as “auto pilot”.
-
The closest example I could give would be many years ago before WWII when Mussolini had his Red Shirts cracking down on mafiosi throughout Sicily because he feared their power. That they should have the power - real power - to be able to “compete” with the Italian State. And earlier in the early 1900’s - Bonanno even spoke of it in his book about how all the Uomini Rispetti has to scurry and hide, and flee to America to avoid the purging.
-
Of course with LE’s sophistication nowadays, it’s a different story. This is a decades long attack. The pressure has been too much for too long.
-
The top leaders, second string capable top leaders, and even what you’d call 3rd stringers are gone!
-
Jailed in droves, killed, a few lucky ones retired, or just aged out.
-
What’s left across the world are much less capable people, less experienced unable or unwilling to attempt to organized what’s left!
-
The result are these so-called “clans” you see
-
The resultant lack of trust between members and fear of rats has also greatly contributed to this separate “cell” mentality. It’s actually genius in its simplicity and design if you will, because it allows a continuance of operation (although at a much less organized and efficient manner), and a “privatizing” at the same time...... the sort of thing that “the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing”!
-
Hence the “resilience” of “this thing” through the ages!
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:30 am
CabriniGreen wrote:Who wouldnt know the Cotronis were Bonnanos? You are losing me now....
We are losing you often. In the 60s or 70s no information was available to the public that they were Bonanno members. Only in recent times this has been confirmed. So if we had this forum back then we wouldn't have known this and all assumed there was a Cotroni Mafia family in Montreal just as some are assuming now the Bonannos are finished over there.
lol, you are the one confused immediately by my VERY
self explanatory post. They could have sold their businesses to avoid extortion, YOU are the one confusing it with kidnapping my man...
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:
self explanatory post. They could have sold their businesses to avoid extortion, YOU are the one confusing it with kidnapping my man...
Take the adderall. It will help.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:00 am Now I see WHY the Arcuris packed up and left, and why the coffee shops were sold.....

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... estree.php

This is very Cartel like in my opinion.....they do kidnappings, hostages...

Not saying this is Mexicans, more like the criminal values have changed...
Nothing new in the related article to which I've linked below, but at least it's in English.

Woman who escaped kidnappers is a Montreal mobster's widow: report

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... re-report/
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:08 am
CabriniGreen wrote:
First, stop acting like Wiseguys fukin mini-me , ( stupid ass adderall comment)

Second, YOU ARE the one who was confused when I suggested the Arcuris and Gallo family could be victims of extortion attempts, based on Reanauds article saying the Arcuris and Gallo had recently sold business that they had for probably decades.

For some dumb reason you thought I said the Arcuris kidnapped Gallo widow, utter stupidity.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:19 pm
This Giuseppe Focarazzo seems to have come out of nowhere. Any history on this individual, connections, affiliations, etc?[/quote wrote:

Just go to page 57 of the thread.....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

antimafia wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:39 am Journalist Félix Séguin tweeted just a few minutes ago, in French, that Giuseppe Focarazzo was drugged and “volé” — I think the latter means robbed as opposed to kidnapped but I’m not sure, as volé means stolen.

https://twitter.com/felixseguin/status/ ... 56608?s=20

Felix Seguin
@felixseguin

Le mafieux québécois Giuseppe Focarazzo à été drogué et volé

12:21 PM · Aug 10, 2019
This stuff Lupara, it's not really out of nowhere, but I guess you THINK you pay closer attention than I do, lol
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:
Lupara wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:08 am
CabriniGreen wrote:
First, stop acting like Wiseguys fukin mini-me , ( stupid ass adderall comment)

Second, YOU ARE the one who was confused when I suggested the Arcuris and Gallo family could be victims of extortion attempts, based on Reanauds article saying the Arcuris and Gallo had recently sold business that they had for probably decades.

For some dumb reason you thought I said the Arcuris kidnapped Gallo widow, utter stupidity.
Again you are losing it. I never said or implied that. And stop using capslock, makes you look unstable.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lol, now you are just deflecting from the issue...

I dont why you cant just admit you interpreted my post wrong and just move on..

unclassifiable
Endangered?
The so-called "Calabrian" cell lost two of its most influential leaders: Giuseppe Di Maulo, brother-in-law of Raynald Desjardins, and Moreno Gallo, murdered in 2012 and 2013, presumably for lacking loyalty to Vito Rizzuto. Since, the radiation of this cell, which gathers former members of the Cotroni clan rallied to the Rizzuto after the coming to power of these, at the beginning of the 80s, decreases constantly.

There is less and less talk of members of this group, some of whom would have retired and sold their legitimate businesses to emerging clans.

( Again, is this not a reference to Arcuri and Gallo?)

The last members of this cell would be protected by a member of the Hells Angels of Montreal, Salvatore Brunetti.

If there is a succession within this clan, it would have more affinities with the Sicilians.

Okay, so if someone takes over, he is saying they will fall UNDER the " Sicilians"....

So....... question for you. WHO, are they referring to when they say Sicilians... lest try to start there.... it's an important distinction, because apparently you think Barberio is a Bonnano guy, I have NO clue why....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I haven't read the Arcuris have anything to do with this. Not sure where this comes from.
So, you DIDNT think I referred to the Arcuris as the kidnappers? Then what are you talking about here....
How's the bold, like it better than caps for emphasis?

But you treat your opinion a little more like solid facts, which I dont understand at all...

]
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:15 am Lol, now you are just deflecting from the issue...

I dont why you cant just admit you interpreted my post wrong and just move on..

unclassifiable
Endangered?
The so-called "Calabrian" cell lost two of its most influential leaders: Giuseppe Di Maulo, brother-in-law of Raynald Desjardins, and Moreno Gallo, murdered in 2012 and 2013, presumably for lacking loyalty to Vito Rizzuto. Since, the radiation of this cell, which gathers former members of the Cotroni clan rallied to the Rizzuto after the coming to power of these, at the beginning of the 80s, decreases constantly.

There is less and less talk of members of this group, some of whom would have retired and sold their legitimate businesses to emerging clans.

( Again, is this not a reference to Arcuri and Gallo?)

The last members of this cell would be protected by a member of the Hells Angels of Montreal, Salvatore Brunetti.

If there is a succession within this clan, it would have more affinities with the Sicilians.

Okay, so if someone takes over, he is saying they will fall UNDER the " Sicilians"....

So....... question for you. WHO, are they referring to when they say Sicilians... lest try to start there.... it's an important distinction, because apparently you think Barberio is a Bonnano guy, I have NO clue why....
Also, the Cotroni group is clearly the Bonanno faction, as they were proven on wiretaps to be meeting with the Violis, who at that time were Bonnano friendly, attending thier ceremonies, the business they were building with Zummo, setting up Morena to be the Canadian point man, telling him " You are with the Bonnano family".

Renaud said you hear less and less about this group, and that they are slowly eroding away...