Gang Land July 28 2022

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Southshore88
Straightened out

Re: Gang Land July 28 2022

Post by Southshore88 »

Also, do we have any idea which members are in Balsamo’s crew? He always intrigued me, a relatively younger guy (especially for the WS) who has been in a leadership spot with a variety of different rackets that he’s been a part of. His involvement in Baci on SI is interesting too as he’s a Bronx/Westchester guy.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wow. Bonannos never fail to deliver. Making the Colombos look good.
1. Amazed we didnt hear of Vito's death, and Capeci buried that headline.
2. I think its worth noting there were two Capos and a soldier involved. This makes one wonder if they were 'sent' by Mancuso as a 'hit' team or if they were there to pay their respects to Vito and acted in the moment. It is highly improbable to yours that Mancuso would send TWO Capos and a soldier to put hands on a guy. There has to be more there. That in itself is a disgrace and therefor highly improbable. The other families would die of laughter if the Bonannos were sending 'hit' teams of captains to beat guys up. Leads yours to conclude that they were their to pay respects/represent the family vs sent to rough up Joe C.
3. Chin raised good points about Mancuso going back in and the timing of this extreme move against Joe C. Mancuso's position could well be tenuous.
4. Very interesting point on the commission. "Mancuso has stated, said one law enforcement source, that but for the Commission edict, Joe C would have been whacked for what he did in 2017." Which STRONGLY implies there is still a commission. If there was no commission, why still respect its rules. And although this is from a third party, it appears to come from Mancuso himself.
5. Mancuso, maybe there isnt any answers, you stear the ship the best you can. He's in a real pickle now.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Highly doubt this was a spur of the moment thing given mancusos track record I’d put money that he gave then orders to put hands on Cammarano if he attends the wake. Seems way too harsh to have just been a spur of the moment thing. IMO Mancuso most def put a bug in their ear and they had no problem following orders. Only problem for them was the dozen bikers Canmarano brought with him. I would say Canmarano will be rolling with at least one body gaurd whenever he leaves his house for the next few months or at least till this is resolved.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

If Dino wasn’t on the shelf before he certainly is now.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

AntComello wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:08 am Highly doubt this was a spur of the moment thing given mancusos track record I’d put money that he gave then orders to put hands on Cammarano if he attends the wake. Seems way too harsh to have just been a spur of the moment thing. IMO Mancuso most def put a bug in their ear and they had no problem following orders. Only problem for them was the dozen bikers Canmarano brought with him. I would say Canmarano will be rolling with at least one body gaurd whenever he leaves his house for the next few months or at least till this is resolved.
The issue is whether they were specifically sent to tune Cammarano up if he attended, or if they were sent as reps of the family to pay respects to Vito. Important diff.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

If this played out the way Capeci wrote then Mancuso is going to have to send a message to Joe C. This is high-end embarrassment tho.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:41 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:27 am Sending a 65 years old Captain to administer a beating. What's he gonna do? Gum the guy to death. They must be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Pogo
Mancuso sent him for a reason and it’s not because he’s a frail old man with no teeth, it’s because he’s a legitimate tough guy who would fight anyone anywhere at the drop of a hat.

It still doesn't sit right. He's a sick old man.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Short update on the article. Aiello denying he was there:
(Shortly after today's column was published, Gang Land was told that Aiello denied being there that night. "I absolutely had nothing to do with it," he stated. Gang Land was not there. But our sources say that one of the assaulters sure looked like Aiello.)
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

What’s his name at cosa nosa news is reporting that a few months back Mancuso sent some guys to rough up Vinny restivo. I guess they trashed his liquor store and broke a bunch of shit. Ed is saying that it’s Louie Restivos son and that he had to go the hospital to get 60 stitches. Also says that it was Spirito Jr who cracked him with a champagne bottle. Says the kid for home from the hospital and told everyone it was a black guy who did it lol
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:24 am
AntComello wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:08 am Highly doubt this was a spur of the moment thing given mancusos track record I’d put money that he gave then orders to put hands on Cammarano if he attends the wake. Seems way too harsh to have just been a spur of the moment thing. IMO Mancuso most def put a bug in their ear and they had no problem following orders. Only problem for them was the dozen bikers Canmarano brought with him. I would say Canmarano will be rolling with at least one body gaurd whenever he leaves his house for the next few months or at least till this is resolved.
The issue is whether they were specifically sent to tune Cammarano up if he attended, or if they were sent as reps of the family to pay respects to Vito. Important diff.
Both probably. They were most likely going to be there anyway along with everyone else from the family who wasn't shelved , on supervised release, or moved away - and were probably told if they saw Joe C to get him out of there. Mancuso was probably selective on who he told that to though
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

While I certainly think it’s possible Mancuso ordered this, it’s interesting to note Capeci said it was John Spirito Jr, who threw the first shot at Joe C. This kid seems like a real cowboy. Wasn’t he the guy making up phony messages from guys in the can and also didn’t he make a bunch of his childhood friends without going through the proper protocols?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

https://www.cosanostranews.com/2022/07/ ... three.html
"Nobody wants to be near them," a mob source told Cosa Nostra News today of Joe Cammarano and Porky, both of whom have apparently made themselves scarce.

"I wouldn't get in a car with either of them."

The source added that he believes Mancuso could be behind another assault that happened in May or June this year involving Vinny Restivo, son of Bonanno wiseguy Louis Restivo, who operates a liquor store in Middle Village, Queens.

"They gave him a beating and busted up the store. Johnny Joe's son was part of that also, I heard. They cracked a champagne bottle over (Restivo's) head. He want to the hospital and got around 60 stitches."

After the beating, "I know (Restivo) was telling people in the neighborhood that some random black guy did it because he didn't have in stock what the guy wanted."

"Vinny is close with Grimaldi and Joe Saunder's son (meaning Joe C)," the source added.

Louie Restivo, who died in 2015 at age 80, spent 10 years in prison after he took a plea deal in 2005.

As for the current boss of the Bonannos, "Mikey Nose is a torpedo—a killer," the source said. "He's a very dangerous guy. When he came home (from prison after serving the prison sentence for murdering his wife) Salvatore (Chubby) Maiorino sponsored him right away. Basically, Mikey Nose is very feared."

As for what happened when Cammarano was acting boss, he said, "Michael thought he had a lap dog, but then the newspapers went to Joe C's head."

Discussing the brawl last week, he said, "they (the Bonanno wiseguys at the wake) were sent there just to watch and make sure nobody showed up who wasn't supposed to. But they knew (Joe C would) step on his dick because it was his father-in-law, but then it turned out, he had his own guys prepared.

"Now that this got out, something has to be done. Somebody has to save face somewhere. But the first blood drawn was Vinny Restivo. This was kind of brewing."
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

How can the feds prevent a guy from working his union job before a guilty verdict ?

Not to mention gambling is legal in NY so it’s a bullshit charge and I doubt he gets prison time

Why would they be preventing a guy from working a legit job and paying taxes

Interesting Westside captains show up at work. Pretty disciplined
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Restivo is around the Grimaldis and Cammaranos but what incentive would there be to target him? Maybe he's more involved with the life than we knew.

As for two captains and a soldier being the ones to attack Cammarano, the Stephen Sabella beating was done by John Zancocchio, Jerry Chilli, and Joe Sabella. Seems the Bonannos are fine using important members to administer beatings. In the case of Cammarano, it seems symbolic to me that top members were the ones sent to attack him.