Free Like A Bird Once Again: No More Federal Oversight For Skinny Joey, Philly Mafia Don Let Off Parole

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Chucky
Full Patched

Re: Free Like A Bird Once Again: No More Federal Oversight For Skinny Joey, Philly Mafia Don Let Off Parole

Post by Chucky »

furiofromnaples wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:54 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:06 am
davidf1989 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:09 am Thanks for your message Furio and it seems that Stanfa was connected to the Sicilian Mafia rather than the New York LCN if he was related to the boss of Caccamo
Wasn’t Stanfa made in Sicily? He was heavily connected to the Sicilians and was accepted in Philly as a favor to the Gambino’s if I remember correctly.
Become the Bruno driver but nothing more. When Bruno was killed in 1980 he was still an associate but I can't find a list of Philly inductions list to say when he was exactly made.
Stanfa was made by then. Pretty sure B. had something about Bruno being made prior to being with Philadelphia.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Re: Free Like A Bird Once Again: No More Federal Oversight For Skinny Joey, Philly Mafia Don Let Off Parole

Post by furiofromnaples »

Chucky wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:26 am
davidf1989 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:09 am Thanks for your message Furio and it seems that Stanfa was connected to the Sicilian Mafia rather than the New York LCN if he was related to the boss of Caccamo
Wasn’t Stanfa made in Sicily? He was heavily connected to the Sicilians and was accepted in Philly as a favor to the Gambino’s if I remember correctly.
Become the Bruno driver but nothing more. When Bruno was killed in 1980 he was still an associate but I can't find a list of Philly inductions list to say when he was exactly made.
Stanfa was made by then. Pretty sure B. had something about Bruno being made prior to being with Philadelphia.
So for you Stanfa was made in 1960s despite the book was closed?
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

furiofromnaples wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:07 am
Chucky wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:26 am
So for you Stanfa was made in 1960s despite the book was closed?
Stanfa was likely made before he came over
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Stanfa was made before he came over to Philly and was inducted or transferred into the Philly family, likely in the 70's. He was never Bruno's driver but he was recognized member of the philly family. There was a reason John Gotti went to Nick Scarfo to get Stanfa a pass. He never would have been put up for boss by the Gambinos if he hadn't been made into the Philly family by Bruno.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

dack2001 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:51 am Stanfa was made before he came over to Philly and was inducted or transferred into the Philly family, likely in the 70's. He was never Bruno's driver but he was recognized member of the philly family. There was a reason John Gotti went to Nick Scarfo to get Stanfa a pass. He never would have been put up for boss by the Gambinos if he hadn't been made into the Philly family by Bruno.
Should be Castellano to ask a pass for Stanfa? Bruno was killed in 1980 and the driver was Stanfa that made nothing to save the boss.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Gotti got Stanfa a pass after he was released from prison in 1989.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:02 am Gotti got Stanfa a pass after he was released from prison in 1989.
Bus pass?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:17 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:02 am Gotti got Stanfa a pass after he was released from prison in 1989.
Bus pass?
Probably a pass for all the gay sex he had in prison
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:17 pm
Bus pass?

No. Stanfa had to walk home. Eleven fucking miles from Essex Fells back to Newark.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:32 am No. Stanfa had to walk home. Eleven fucking miles from Essex Fells back to Newark.
Gotti didnt drive him home in his ice cream van?
Kept ringing that bell?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

Chucky wrote:
Extortion wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:37 pm
Chucky wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:29 pm
Extortion wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:29 am
PogueMahone wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:02 am
TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:59 pm
Extortion wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:09 pm Let’s be real though…The Philly Mob or like I say the Philly Gang hasn’t really or hasn’t been La Cosa Nostra since I guess Stanfa was the last real don even though he did a shitty fucking job and allegedly or apparently made Veasey but I dont believe that…its blow hard shit, Stanfa was from Sicily he’d never allow it.

As far as I’m concerned Merlino is a gangster but he’s hardly LCN. He had an instagram account. Enough said? His family is like a College Fraternity
Plenty of mob guys are on social media these days. Genovese soldier Salvatore Larca had a Facebook page, although he seems to have taken it down or made it private. As long as they're not posting anything incriminating it doesn't really matter.
Tony Mucci, Nick Cotroni, Frank Cotroni Jr, Frank Albanese, Donald Driver and a bunch of serious Montreal guys have Facebook accounts as well. Mucci even posts daily inspirational quotes.
You guys are missing my point. You’re giving names because they have membership but it’s another example of the changing culture within LCN. Nobody should have a social media in LCN.
I’m sure they’d be saddened to hear they didn’t meet your LCN requirements.
Do you think anybody who was a boss in the 80s when they were still successful would approve? Considering their declining power perhaps LCN is taking itself less seriously (which it definitely does now).
None of this shit was around in the 80s. It’s not like those guys weren’t all congregating and taking pictures with each other. These guys are posting pictures of themselves out to dinner or down the shore; they’re not taking a pinch for that.

Imagine the tik toks @TeflonDon would put out.
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

i wouldnt be shocked if gotti had an instagram or facebook if he was around in this day and age.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

TwoPiece wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:26 am i wouldnt be shocked if gotti had an instagram or facebook if he was around in this day and age.
Gotti would have an youtube channel called "CosaNostraTilIIDie".
Ravens410
Straightened out

Post by Ravens410 »

Joey was meeting in a secret section of a cigar store with J Chang and two feds were there doing surveillance. He is smart but hubris is the fall of man.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Ravens410 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:16 pm Joey was meeting in a secret section of a cigar store with J Chang and two feds were there doing surveillance. He is smart but hubris is the fall of man.
I’m pretty sure it wasn’t even Feds that jammed him up at that cigar club down there, I’m pretty sure like 90% sure that it was fucking Broward County Sheriffs Tailing him that night that reported the meeting with Johnny Chang. They must have been so hard with that bust catching a flashy Yankee Mobster from the North! They’re probably still talking about that bust…..

-Dante