Revisiting the Magaddino transcript - names

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AG777
Full Patched

Re: Revisiting the Magaddino transcript - names

Post by AG777 »

Ok I don't want to derail the thread. But it also is possible that what Bronx says is true and you should not rule it out.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

AG777 wrote:Ok I don't want to derail the thread. But it also is possible that what Bronx says is true and you should not rule it out.
I too am not trying, and don't want to derail the thread. But some posters like EB, Bronx, Charlie, FOH are honest straight fwd members who do know and hear certain things and don't try to BS us. We shouldn't be questioning every single post of theirs. Heck one of them has even shared pictures of him hanging out with known made guys, a boss, and a underboss, some have said things that have come true. Yet they are still questioned to death on here. Are they perfect? No. But who is? Even capeci and the feds get things wrong every now and then, and they are the best of the best. I get the skepticism that most of us here have, trust me I do. But we should be happy that we have these honest type street members here (that I've named up top) that are willing to share what they know and hear, just as much as we are happy to have members like Chris and Antilier and other researchers here who share with us what they know and have found, and just as much as posters here who are not street guys and not writers/researchers but not a whole lot. This forum has been good at getting the fake posters and the BS posters out of here (thanks to you guys), but it seems that some of you wont be happy until all street poster are gone, even the honest ones, and to me that's sad and wrong. I respect those four posters as much as I do the top 4 researchers and published writers that we have here, and everything in between. We should want and appreciate all good straight fwd no BSing members here. Having the best posters from all walks of life is what separate us from the other OC forums. Alright that's enough of me ranting, lol. Have a good day to all of you.......Soliai
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

bronx wrote:rava killed roberts on the sneak from what i heard
With all due respect, bronx, but that doesn´t make any sense. Rava was killed in 1957, Roberts in 1958.
There you have it, never printed before.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Soliai wrote:
AG777 wrote:Ok I don't want to derail the thread. But it also is possible that what Bronx says is true and you should not rule it out.
I too am not trying, and don't want to derail the thread. But some posters like EB, Bronx, Charlie, FOH are honest straight fwd members who do know and hear certain things and don't try to BS us. We shouldn't be questioning every single post of theirs. Heck one of them has even shared pictures of him hanging out with known made guys, a boss, and a underboss, some have said things that have come true. Yet they are still questioned to death on here. Are they perfect? No. But who is? Even capeci and the feds get things wrong every now and then, and they are the best of the best. I get the skepticism that most of us here have, trust me I do. But we should be happy that we have these honest type street members here (that I've named up top) that are willing to share what they know and hear, just as much as we are happy to have members like Chris and Antilier and other researchers here who share with us what they know and have found, and just as much as posters here who are not street guys and not writers/researchers but not a whole lot. This forum has been good at getting the fake posters and the BS posters out of here (thanks to you guys), but it seems that some of you wont be happy until all street poster are gone, even the honest ones, and to me that's sad and wrong. I respect those four posters as much as I do the top 4 researchers and published writers that we have here, and everything in between. We should want and appreciate all good straight fwd no BSing members here. Having the best posters from all walks of life is what separate us from the other OC forums. Alright that's enough of me ranting, lol. Have a good day to all of you.......Soliai
I get that but no one is above the truth. Everyone deserves a certain amount of trust to a point. But it fuckng irks me too when people just drop claims that have come out of left field. If I were a new poster who stated: "... when Traina was D'Aquila's underboss he acted as a streetboss and attended most meetings." I'm sure B. and Antiliar would want to see additonal information to that claim, does anything document that perhaps? Because honestly, all we got are 3 things:

1) D'Aquila traveled back to Sicily and came back with Traina in 1911 - census and immigration records.
2) Traina sponsored Schiro member Salvatore Sabella as Philly Boss in 1918ish. - FBI reports.
3) Traina administered a 1920's general assembly meeting because D'Aqula didn't attend. - Nick Gentile.

That is literally it. He was certainly someone of importance but I'm not ready to take that final step in giving him a definitive title. He could have been Under, he could have been consig, he could have been a close caporegime or fuck, he could have been just a highly valued member like Johnny Roselli until some point in the 1930's. It doesn't keep me up at night.

So yeah, some of us are anal retentive when it comes to our sources. If you're working on a project and can't reveal too much on the source just state that. You don't reveal your hand in a poker game but at some point the game ends and everyone shows their hand.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

AG777 wrote:Sometimes, Pogo, you just have to take the info from a valuable respected member as it comes and not question the source. This is difficult for you and Ivy I noticed. But Bronx has a very good reputation on here and never feeds us bullshit.

Guys in the neighborhood talk. I'm sure Bronx knew that info for years and years.
well said, thank you.. ill give him this ,first time being told that ..early 70s
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

Bronx, now you have to explain how that guy Rava came back from the dead to kill Roberts :mrgreen: :lol:

Fair enough, Governor. And HK, see this is why I always say You are THE MAN! ;)
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Chris Christie wrote: I get that but no one is above the truth. Everyone deserves a certain amount of trust to a point. But it fuckng irks me too when people just drop claims that have come out of left field. If I were a new poster who stated: "... when Traina was D'Aquila's underboss he acted as a streetboss and attended most meetings." I'm sure B. and Antiliar would want to see additonal information to that claim, does anything document that perhaps? Because honestly, all we got are 3 things:

1) D'Aquila traveled back to Sicily and came back with Traina in 1911 - census and immigration records.
2) Traina sponsored Schiro member Salvatore Sabella as Philly Boss in 1918ish. - FBI reports.
3) Traina administered a 1920's general assembly meeting because D'Aqula didn't attend. - Nick Gentile.

That is literally it. He was certainly someone of importance but I'm not ready to take that final step in giving him a definitive title. He could have been Under, he could have been consig, he could have been a close caporegime or fuck, he could have been just a highly valued member like Johnny Roselli until some point in the 1930's. It doesn't keep me up at night.

So yeah, some of us are anal retentive when it comes to our sources. If you're working on a project and can't reveal too much on the source just state that. You don't reveal your hand in a poker game but at some point the game ends and everyone shows their hand.
But see, you're transparent enough and we've all known you long enough that if you did say that Traina was D'Aquila's "street boss", I wouldn't kick you in the balls over it.

Instead I might just say... well Traina was a captain from ~1930 to his death, but he still acted as a mediator and authority over the Philly family for decades so who is to say he wasn't always a captain who simply had more national authority for one reason or another.

Bronx has claimed a number of times that Traina was consigliere, though. Better update your article.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

HairyKnuckles wrote:
With all due respect, bronx, but that doesn´t make any sense. Rava was killed in 1957, Roberts in 1958.
not sure about the dates, but i would like to see it. thanks
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

Chris Christie wrote:
Soliai wrote:
I get that but no one is above the truth. Everyone deserves a certain amount of trust to a point. But it fuckng irks me too when people just drop claims that have come out of left field. If I were a new poster who stated: "... when Traina was D'Aquila's underboss he acted as a streetboss and attended most meetings." I'm sure B. and Antiliar would want to see additonal information to that claim, does anything document that perhaps? Because honestly, all we got are 3 things:

hello Chris do you have the ships manifest..i would love to see it, I'm sure those two did not travel alone.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

AG777 wrote:Bronx, now you have to explain how that guy Rava came back from the dead to kill Roberts :mrgreen: :lol:

Fair enough, Governor. And HK, see this is why I always say You are THE MAN! ;)
are these dates of these guys deaths correct..? ill try and look it up
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

bronx wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:
i just looked .what i found was rava went missing in 1958?
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Chris Christie wrote:
Soliai wrote:

I'm with you on this 1000% Chris. Like I said, questioning people is ok, and is good. I want B., Antiliar, Pogo, you and everyone to ask questions. It's health for the forum and everyone. You can read in the GY what I don't like about this whole thing. But there's no argument from me with what your saying here.......Soliai
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Back to the Johnny Roberts topic...
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... 9&tab=page

Nick Bianco is telling Patriarca how he wants to get a guy named Sally made, but Patriarca says he can't make anyone right now. He uses Johnny Roberts as an example, says Roberts was "around for twenty-five years" before he was made. Says they only made him "four or five years" before he was killed. Talks about how he used to be "with Vito" (which Valachi confirms) and "Albert" (Anastasia) but he was never made even though "he knew everything that was going on".

Bianco says he heard that Roberts was "a wonderful guy".

The informant I mentioned earlier was definitely right that Roberts continued to be a hot topic in different families.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

bronx wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:
Rava was last seen on 11-14-57 when he was arrested at the Appalachin meeting. Just few days after that, his wife filed a missing report with the NY Police.

Robilotto was killed September 6 or September 7, 1958.

The article was published in the Knickerbocker News September 8, 1958

Now, if the missing persons report filed by Rava´s wife was just a trick to keep him from being indicted I don´t know. When I think about it, it could actually be the case. But facts remains, Rava has not been seen since he was arrested at Appalachin.
Funny thing, Valachi said the same, that Robilotto was killed by Rava but he gave the year wrong (1957).

Please tell me your source bronx, so I can evaluate your infos level of plausibility.
There you have it, never printed before.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Is there any info on why Robilotto got released from the Genovese? I assume he was still with them at the time of the Moretti murder.