Was Joe Lombardo ever boss of the Outfit, even briefly?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Was Joe Lombardo ever boss of the Outfit, even briefly?

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Villain wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:35 am
Frank wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:07 pm Yes I heard that Calebrese testified that it was Accardo who ordered hit because of tribute money. But again I'm just trying to get the facts straight.
Giancana was killed by his own people although there are some strange facts such as the incomplete police surveilance and such. For example they have Blasi going in and out of the place and later they have nothing, even though they had the house surrounded
Well, the police have always been "merchandise for sale", in some countries to a bigger degree, in others to a lesser, depending also on the time period, but imo it wouldn't have been too difficult to pay off the chief of the police to take off the surveillance just for the time for the triggerman to enter the house, do the job and go away. Just like in Italy for example: after Toto' Riina's arrest, they "for some non-explained reason" took off the surveillance from the place where he lived, to give his men enough time to move away everything important / incriminating that he kept there, leaving it completely empty. Still, as usual, it's "nobody's fault".
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:31 am
Villain wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:35 am
Frank wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:07 pm Yes I heard that Calebrese testified that it was Accardo who ordered hit because of tribute money. But again I'm just trying to get the facts straight.
Giancana was killed by his own people although there are some strange facts such as the incomplete police surveilance and such. For example they have Blasi going in and out of the place and later they have nothing, even though they had the house surrounded
Well, the police have always been "merchandise for sale", in some countries to a bigger degree, in others to a lesser, depending also on the time period, but imo it wouldn't have been too difficult to pay off the chief of the police to take off the surveillance just for the time for the triggerman to enter the house, do the job and go away. Just like in Italy for example: after Toto' Riina's arrest, they "for some non-explained reason" took off the surveillance from the place where he lived, to give his men enough time to move away everything important / incriminating that he kept there, leaving it completely empty. Still, as usual, it's "nobody's fault".
Nice example, sometimes people have to realize that the same organized crime schemes are happening all over the world, and it doesnt matter if it involves mobsters or government officials, or if its in time of war or peace
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

No Outfit Boss, Underboss or Senior Advisors were ever assassinated in Chicago after 1931. In New York, several were killed. The reason is because the Outfit Top Bosses never lose direct contact with the Crews which is their power base. Giancana got killed in 1975 because he had LOST his power base and at that time he wasn't a Top Boss anymore anyway. I believe Auippa and Cerone feared Giancana to a certain point and wanted to take no chances especially with him coming back to Chicago. They didn't want any potential comeback. I got the impression that Giancana never really liked Auippa anyway from his taped conversation with Ferraro. According to other articles, Giancana never thought much of Cerone either. If I had been Auippa or Cerone, I would have done the same thing. LOL
" Everything Woke turns to shit".