Richard Cantarella testimony notes

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

RamshackleMan
Straightened out

Re: Richard Cantarella testimony notes

Post by RamshackleMan »

B. wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:46 pm Cantarella on Gunner Lindbloom's show:

- He says he barely remembers what was going on in the organization when he was a high-ranking member. He had forgotten that he was on a three-man panel at one point and was in consideration for underboss. He said thirteen years later it was all "vague" to him. He had five captains reporting to him at one point on the panel.

- Paul Cantarella is working on a book with help from Gunner Lindbloom. Richard Cantarella has been approached to write a book by multiple people but isn't interested and again says his memory of the life isn't great.

Methinks he doth protest too much. His memory seems really sharp.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:04 am
B. wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:46 pm
- Cantarella says they used to meet up for dinner at a restaurant in Brooklyn at the same location where an old time boss (Joe Masseria) was murdered, near Nathan's. The first time Cantarella met with Massino after they were both out of prison in the 1990s was at this restaurant. I believe he said it was called Virgilio's or something similar.
Has to be Gargiulo's, it was the only good spot over there in those days.
Yeah, I looked at the testimony notes at the beginning of this thread and he said Gargiulo's there. Just couldn't hear him right in the interview.

He didn't use the name Masseria in the interview but it's interesting he knew an old boss was killed in the building.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

I wonder if he’ll ever take some questions, like Sammy or Franzese, if his memory isn’t as bad as he says it is. I’d like to ask him about Al Walker helping out with some “internal problems” that caused him to be made into the Bonanno family instead of the Genovese.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

B. wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:33 pm He didn't use the name Masseria in the interview but it's interesting he knew an old boss was killed in the building.
The restaurant Masseria got killed in was on the same street (W. 15th) but 2 blocks north of Gargiulo's.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Ah, so he got them confused.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

RamshackleMan wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:05 pm
jimmy_beans8 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:58 am Haven't watched it yet. .....Paul couldn't get a fuckin word in......Detroit talks too much
Yes, I like Gunner, but he needs to let guests talk more I don't even think the
guy realizes he talks so much, in all honesty.
He didn't stop rambling on the john pennisi interview
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Paul already had his own interview with Gunner couple weeks back. Part 1 and 2:

https://youtu.be/MrAL1_7lsw8

https://youtu.be/HZdKCXFoTH0
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Shellackhead should have kept calling Gunner "Hunter" through the whole interview.
All roads lead to New York.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Gunner is so annoying. He talks about the Detroit family like it's 1960.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

B. wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:55 pm Ah, so he got them confused.
Kinda sorta. Modern day everyone thinks it happened in Gargiulo's and the owners are happy enough to let that legend live on.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

If these guys (general statement) are all out doing videos, etc I would think they would want their story documented in a book before they start forgetting things, makes no sense in my mind to write a book when you openly admit your forgetting things etc. I would have enjoyed a book from Shellackhead, Massino, etc.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

i wanted to watch the paul cantrella interview but that guy gunner is a weirdo. makes tom lovechhia seem like ed bradley. cant take you serious when you put on a pair of black oakleys on 30 seconds into the interview. save it.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

on zoom.
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Memory wasn't so bad when testifying......maybe tactic .....
I been taught to listen to what's not said
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:47 am i wanted to watch the paul cantrella interview but that guy gunner is a weirdo. makes tom lovechhia seem like ed bradley. cant take you serious when you put on a pair of black oakleys on 30 seconds into the interview. save it.
Half of the interviews are just him going on about himself. He needs to ask the questions and then shut up and let the guest answer. I just watched the first interview with Paul, and literally twenty minutes of the forty-minute interview is Gunner going on and on and on about bullshit.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."