Gene Borrello interview

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Gene Borrello interview

Post by TommyNoto »

Uncle Pete wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:18 pm No doubt about it Gene is a tough guy but he is far from being the last shooter or tough guy left. Alite and other rats have said the same thing about themselves.

For that matter, Randy Pizzolo said he was the only shooter the Bonnanos had left...until he got shot and killed
Agree , staten island is full of hot headed violence prone Bonnano wise guys.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

Didn't say the only shooter the Bonnanos had left.

One of the few in his immediate crew.

Every neighborhood has one or two. Far cry from the old days.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Targenmantarian wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:42 pm Didn't say the only shooter the Bonnanos had left.

One of the few in his immediate crew.

Every neighborhood has one or two. Far cry from the old days.
The Bronx Bonnanos have shooters as well.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

TommyNoto wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:02 pm
Targenmantarian wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:01 pm He definitely would have gotten made.

It just would have been in his 50s cause had he not ratted that's the next time he was going to be free.
I agree as the Bonnano family is the most violent and blue collar of the bunch so Gene was likely to be made eventually.

It’s interesting some of these violent HB gangsters with family ties to Gambinos were with the Bonnanos. Perhaps Monk is doing a good job of staying under the radar and steering clear of these violent cop magnets. Just a guess but when was the last time the Gambino HB crew got popped ? Seems like an impressive run for what has been a huge crew
monk may be staying under the radar because when he took over that crew, a large number of the guys doing work were locked up. i think like 3 different iterations of that whole crew have been busted over the last 20 years. like a whole entire group gets indicted and new kids step up.

how many OZP/HB crews are there, split between all the families?

gambinos have 2 i think, bonannos have 1. we know luccheses dont...much more decentralized crew locations. what about genovese or colombo?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

what i meant to say is that monk may be staying under the radar because that crew may not be as active since the 2011-2012 bust where everyone went away? its interesting that the Giallanzo crews core period of activity in that indictment, all the crazy shit, happed after the trucchio crew was off the streets
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Interesting and Makes sense and I wouldnt be surprised if the Bonanno were the bigger / more popular crew in HB for the younger guys . That’s certainly the case for SI , they have legit #s there and similar to HB crew are violent and want you to know they are gangsters. Not really a fan but a few were cool , this one guy would walk around with 100+ blues at the strip club and ran rampant prostitution out of there. Blatant old school blue collar shit . I wouldn’t fuck with them are looking to touch you
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

HB and SI are a Time Warp. Like South Philly. They are some of the last block by block mafia strongholds in the country. Def encourages a more brazen and street level type actor.

It's also where the wildest guys from the 90s like Ave U crews and whatnot ended up migrating to. So they bring that ethos there.
Gabagool718
Straightened out

Post by Gabagool718 »

Targenmantarian wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:20 pm HB and SI are a Time Warp. Like South Philly. They are some of the last block by block mafia strongholds in the country. Def encourages a more brazen and street level type actor.

It's also where the wildest guys from the 90s like Ave U crews and whatnot ended up migrating to. So they bring that ethos there.
Ave U/gravesend is still pretty active too was out there a few weeks ago and u can definitely see the presence
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Gabagool718 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:37 pm
Targenmantarian wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:20 pm HB and SI are a Time Warp. Like South Philly. They are some of the last block by block mafia strongholds in the country. Def encourages a more brazen and street level type actor.

Ave U/gravesend is still pretty active too was out there a few weeks ago and u can definitely see the presence
A lot of Colombos, some Gambinos, in that region.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

More of the interview with Borello

https://youtu.be/mv-_VF-DIMg
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Just saw the shit on vlad tv. How the fuck could anyone trust gene. Honestly after hearing him talk for 30 seconds I could just get the vibe that he was scandalous as fuxk. And would never trust him, and stay far away from him. He’s exactly like he said he was . Chilling with a friend in the car then plotting on robbing him right when the guy gets out... and he for sure is still up to no good . He’s still a criminal... that’s one thing I do believe jr. gotti about... I dispise jr. and the rest of the gotti clan.. and jr is a eat giving up Marino in the proffer.. but I believe him about the whole witsec mafia thing.. all the guys who flip all move to Florida and all hangout with each other. I mean you can’t take 10-15 guys who lived an illegal lifestyle for 20 plus years and stick them all together and think that they’re not going to resort back to what they know... people do what they know... I I firmly believe all those guys who flipped living In south Florida are up to no good ... and I hate how gene blames every single thing on Ronnie and asaro... they didn’t force him to do this ahit. He was raising his hand volunteering to push his status in hopes of getting made... he acts like they manipulated him and had him under some hypnosis and the crimes he was doing were all to benefit them, like he wasn’t doing this shit for his own personal gain...

And can someone please shed some light on how festa... a young guy with his button was literally the straight lick target of all of queens??? How the fuck can a made guy get robbed handfuls of times?? Who were robbing him?? Why was he such a target?? If he was a target cause he was that soft, then that’s an embarrassment to the whole Bonanno family. His assed should have got shelved after the 3rd robbery. How can you impose fear in people to pay their shy vig weekly when everyone knows you’ve been robbed 10 times with no repercussions??? I’m so confused on that.... someone who grew up in the neighborhood or whatever please inform me about these festa incidents...
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

chubby wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:49 pm Just saw the shit on vlad tv. How the fuck could anyone trust gene. Honestly after hearing him talk for 30 seconds I could just get the vibe that he was scandalous as fuxk. And would never trust him, and stay far away from him. He’s exactly like he said he was . Chilling with a friend in the car then plotting on robbing him right when the guy gets out... and he for sure is still up to no good . He’s still a criminal... that’s one thing I do believe jr. gotti about... I dispise jr. and the rest of the gotti clan.. and jr is a eat giving up Marino in the proffer.. but I believe him about the whole witsec mafia thing.. all the guys who flip all move to Florida and all hangout with each other. I mean you can’t take 10-15 guys who lived an illegal lifestyle for 20 plus years and stick them all together and think that they’re not going to resort back to what they know... people do what they know... I I firmly believe all those guys who flipped living In south Florida are up to no good ... and I hate how gene blames every single thing on Ronnie and asaro... they didn’t force him to do this ahit. He was raising his hand volunteering to push his status in hopes of getting made... he acts like they manipulated him and had him under some hypnosis and the crimes he was doing were all to benefit them, like he wasn’t doing this shit for his own personal gain...

And can someone please shed some light on how festa... a young guy with his button was literally the straight lick target of all of queens??? How the fuck can a made guy get robbed handfuls of times?? Who were robbing him?? Why was he such a target?? If he was a target cause he was that soft, then that’s an embarrassment to the whole Bonanno family. His assed should have got shelved after the 3rd robbery. How can you impose fear in people to pay their shy vig weekly when everyone knows you’ve been robbed 10 times with no repercussions??? I’m so confused on that.... someone who grew up in the neighborhood or whatever please inform me about these festa incidents...
Festa wasn’t a made man when he was getting robbed.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:58 pm
chubby wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:49 pm Just saw the shit on vlad tv. How the fuck could anyone trust gene. Honestly after hearing him talk for 30 seconds I could just get the vibe that he was scandalous as fuxk. And would never trust him, and stay far away from him. He’s exactly like he said he was . Chilling with a friend in the car then plotting on robbing him right when the guy gets out... and he for sure is still up to no good . He’s still a criminal... that’s one thing I do believe jr. gotti about... I dispise jr. and the rest of the gotti clan.. and jr is a eat giving up Marino in the proffer.. but I believe him about the whole witsec mafia thing.. all the guys who flip all move to Florida and all hangout with each other. I mean you can’t take 10-15 guys who lived an illegal lifestyle for 20 plus years and stick them all together and think that they’re not going to resort back to what they know... people do what they know... I I firmly believe all those guys who flipped living In south Florida are up to no good ... and I hate how gene blames every single thing on Ronnie and asaro... they didn’t force him to do this ahit. He was raising his hand volunteering to push his status in hopes of getting made... he acts like they manipulated him and had him under some hypnosis and the crimes he was doing were all to benefit them, like he wasn’t doing this shit for his own personal gain...

Festa wasn’t a made man when he was getting robbed.
Even as an associate though.. like isn’t that the point and the benefit of being in a crew and having a captain??? For protection and for someone you can go to who can handle any disputes youre having on the streets?? I would think If you were in a crew that they would be able to handle situations like that in several ways, violent or not violent... unless it was his own crew robbing his ass.. cause if it wasn’t in my eyes it makes Ronnie look bad as the skipper having one of his guys constantly getting took...
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

I know gene went and shot at someone responsible for one of the festa robberies.. but that’s it.