Bay Area (San Francisco, San Jose, Emeryville) Deep Dive

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Bay Area (San Francisco, San Jose, Emeryville) Deep Dive

Post by JCB1977 »

B. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:42 pm Re: Sam Lima being San Fran consigliere in 1929. This is a good piece of info not just for the trivia of it, but because we have few confirmed examples of the consigliere position pre-1931 and some of the Castellammarese War and Luciano mythologies claim that Luciano created the consigliere position after the war, which is not true. This adds another example showing that it predated Luciano and the war.
https://www.amazon.com/Inspector-Oldfie ... 901&sr=1-1

This book covers the Lima Brothers Trial in Marion, OH around 1910. They raided Sam Lima's fruit store in 1909 and found a letter that he was writing to Giuseppe DiCarlo in Buffalo dated May 19, 1909 among others around the country. They have the photos of the envelopes and who they were addressed to.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Some very early stuff on Antonio and the Lima brothers. Articles from 1909

"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Nicholas wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:53 am Any info about Salvatore Marino?
Sal Marino was a longtime Capo in the LaRocca Crime Family in Pittsburgh, he ran the Sharon, PA area about 60 miles North of Pittsburgh and had the Sharon Cheese Company then he moved out to California with his son Angelo in the early 1960's. His son ANgelo was married Prescious Maggio, daughter of Mike Maggio of a Philly who was a made guy.

March 22, 1932 Pittsburgh Press

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... Pittsburgh

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... Pittsburgh (Angelo Bruno confirming he was a Caporegime)

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... 4&tab=page
Last edited by JCB1977 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Photo of Sam Lima and family in front of his fruit store in 1909 in Marion, OH

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Nicholas
Straightened out

Post by Nicholas »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:37 pm
I'm thinking of the guy that did the murder with his dad in the 70's
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Nicholas wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:51 pm
Angelo Marino ans his son Sal?

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

https://www.mercurynews.com/2011/01/20/ ... -san-jose/

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

September 12, 1986 Santa Cruz Sentinel

October 24, 1988 SF Examiner

September 21, 1991 SF Examiner

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Salvatore Marino passed away

Name: Salvatore A. Marino
Death Age: 65
Birth Date: 15 Jan 1948
Residence Place: Bellflower, California
Death Date: 9 Jan 2014
Death Place: Bellflower, California (In Los Angeles)
Obituary Date: 12 Oct 2014

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Copy of a letter from Jcb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:25 pm Copy of a letter from Jcb
This is the letter from Sam Lima in Marion, OH to Giuseppe DiCarlo (Joe the Wolf’s father). He was connected all over the country from the early 1900s, photo from the book Inspector Oldfield and the Ohio Black Hand Society.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
matteogalante38
Associate

Post by matteogalante38 »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:57 pm
B. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:42 pm Re: Sam Lima being San Fran consigliere in 1929. This is a good piece of info not just for the trivia of it, but because we have few confirmed examples of the consigliere position pre-1931 and some of the Castellammarese War and Luciano mythologies claim that Luciano created the consigliere position after the war, which is not true. This adds another example showing that it predated Luciano and the war.
https://www.amazon.com/Inspector-Oldfie ... 901&sr=1-1

This book covers the Lima Brothers Trial in Marion, OH around 1910. They raided Sam Lima's fruit store in 1909 and found a letter that he was writing to Giuseppe DiCarlo in Buffalo dated May 19, 1909 among others around the country. They have the photos of the envelopes and who they were addressed to.
I just picked up this book, super interesting, thanks.
matteogalante38
Associate

Does anyone have, or has seen, a legitimate photograph of Francesco Lanza? From what I'm told, this photo floating around is not the same Don Cicciu.

I'm still trying to tie in how Johnny Rosselli relates to the killing of Luigi Malvese in SF in 1932. Anyone have any other details on that?

I am also seeking, if at all possible, photos of: James Franzone, Dr. Gregory Genovese, Vincenzo Infusino, LaFatas related to Rosalino, Pete Misuraca, Phil Morici, Anthony "Turkey Tony" Perconti, Joe Piazza (and Dominic Lonardo), Salvatore "Sam Murray" Termini, Giuseppe Vicari, and Stefano "Steve" Zoccoli...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matteogalante38
Associate

Also, I had stumbled across this website/blog and article that mention two of "Al Capone's agents" that were sent to "terrorize" Gus Oliva (the "unofficial mayor of North Beach") in SF when Capone was trying to take over the sugar moonshine business. The men were later found dead in a car below a Point Reyes (coast-side) cliff... Is anyone familiar with this and have any other details? (Please see highlighted sections of attachments.)
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

matteogalante38 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:37 am Does anyone have, or has seen, a legitimate photograph of Francesco Lanza? From what I'm told, this photo floating around is not the same Don Cicciu.

I'm still trying to tie in how Johnny Rosselli relates to the killing of Luigi Malvese in SF in 1932. Anyone have any other details on that?

I am also seeking, if at all possible, photos of: James Franzone, Dr. Gregory Genovese, Vincenzo Infusino, LaFatas related to Rosalino, Pete Misuraca, Phil Morici, Anthony "Turkey Tony" Perconti, Joe Piazza (and Dominic Lonardo), Salvatore "Sam Murray" Termini, Giuseppe Vicari, and Stefano "Steve" Zoccoli...
Name: James Pat Franzone
Birth Date: 6 Aug 1901
Birth Place: France
Death Date: 2 Jul 1980
Death Place: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, United States of America
Cemetery: Mount Carmel Catholic Cemetery
Burial or Cremation Place: Hillside, Cook County, Illinois, United States of America
Father: Salvatore Franzone

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP