Frank Narducci Case (Update 5/16: Narducci Pleads Guilty

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Rumor Narducci arrested in Philly

Post by TommyNoto »

PHL_Mob wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:50 am Yeah he was definitely wired I agree they have Phil in a corner. By the way; kind of funny GA put that video out last month saying the Scarfo guys weren’t involved. Shows they know about as much as we do.
I agree but in his defense, lol, even retired gangsters still have a loan book so he could technically be out of the mix but do some shy here and there but I hear what you are saying.

Tough Tony who has seemed to have put it out there that he is retired got caught up in some shy recently
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Phil seems like a big guy. How tall is he?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

TommyNoto wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:31 pm Tough Tony who has seemed to have put it out there that he is retired got caught up in some shy recently
Federici?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:22 pm
TommyNoto wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:31 pm Tough Tony who has seemed to have put it out there that he is retired got caught up in some shy recently
Federici?
Yeah there was a tape of a stock swindler that owed him money that flipped let me see if I can find an article
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Wow. I forgot about that.

I guess that’s not loanaharking though as Federici was never charged. He just loaned a guy money. A bad investment. For loansharking there has to be a certain interest rate and/or threats of violence I imagine.

Cheers
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

You are correct, loansharking is lending money above the interest rate set by federal law, also called usury. Collecting the interest by the threat of violence is the extortion element.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:12 am

I guess that’s not loanaharking though as Federici was never charged. He just loaned a guy money. A bad investment. For loansharking there has to be a certain interest rate and/or threats of violence I imagine.

Cheers
Yes and I didn’t mean to say he was loan sharking , just that loaning out money is in the bones of every wiseguy ( more so than gambling IMO) from day 1 until their last day
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Peralta also promised Federici the other $60,000 by March 9, and lamented that “Sammy is going to kill me,” in reference to Sammy Tsioumas, who Downs described as a “longtime associate” of Federici’s.

About three hours later, Peralta called back and Federici told him, “I got the check.”

But Peralta didn’t keep his word about paying the rest, because on March 13, the feds recorded Tsioumas telling him, “Tony is putting a lot of pressure on me.”
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Sounds like a threat of violence to me lol

Tony is just smart about his methods, unlike Phil
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Some footage of the FBI at the house and Chick's. Interesting about them removing documents, perhaps linking the cash to the business or as evidence of other loans. Also strategy for Narducci, if the documents prove nothing and they don't have it on tape, to lay the blame at Gallo's feet and pick apart the witness's reliability.

https://youtu.be/7STnBqae9As
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:39 am Some footage of the FBI at the house and Chick's. Interesting about them removing documents, perhaps linking the cash to the business or as evidence of other loans. Also strategy for Narducci, if the documents prove nothing and they don't have it on tape, to lay the blame at Gallo's feet and pick apart the witness's reliability.

https://youtu.be/7STnBqae9As
Will be interesting to find out what the Feds were looking at this guy for prior to him putting the Feds onto Narducci?
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Yeah, I'd agree. They are looking for records that match or the cash itself, which they probably have serial numbers. Here's the kicker, George says that the guy who flipped was already looking at some problems with the feds, the feds came and visited him and he turned them down. Few days later he then says "phil personally threatened me, threw me around some room, blah blah blah". Then he starts paying and Phil sends Gallo around to collect. And then he doesn't pay and Gallo says "do you know who your dealing with this guy killed 8, 10 whatever", as if he never met or dealt with Phil?

Just saying that if they don't have phil on tape, just saying he got the money from Phil direct may have been this guys ticket out from under an indictment of his own. It will be interesting to see who phil hires for an attorney, he served a lot of time, he ought to get someone who can fight this through a trial, if needed. A 8 year plea for a guy his age? I don't know if you take it. I'd hire a guy like McMonagle or someone who has a rep on his own outside of just mob and drug cases.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

TommyNoto wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:57 am

Cheers
Yes and I didn’t mean to say he was loan sharking , just that loaning out money is in the bones of every wiseguy ( more so than gambling IMO) from day 1 until their last day
And with good reason. There’s a reason why everyone from car companies to supermarkets are offering credit cards.
Exactly the same business as the Wiseguy.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:57 am
TommyNoto wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:57 am

Cheers
And with good reason. There’s a reason why everyone from car companies to supermarkets are offering credit cards.
Exactly the same business as the Wiseguy.
And pay day loan interest rates can exceed wiseguys

The hypocrisy is frustrating and while I don’t condone Narducci actions it just not logical to spend hundred of thousands+ and countless man hours to bust 1 single loan shark when some of these legit companies receive a fraction of LE attention & whose products are far more problematic / widespread.

They should be tapping places where these loans are originated and see how many rules are broken w loan disclosure / transparency and outright lies / fraud