BEST and WORST Mob Hits

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Re: BEST and WORST Mob Hits

Post by scagghiuni »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:53 am
bert wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:43 pm ^^^^
Unless you have evidence of him being made it's debatable. I have no evidence of him not being made, or of Torrio being made. I can say the same for almost anyone else in or not in the mafia.
The evidence we have comes from Bonanno and Gentile whose stories line up when it comes to Capone being accepted into Cosa Nostra by Masseria. Even Valachi references Capone as a Boss of Cosa Nostra which I'd imagine would be hard to pull of if you had never been made a member. While none of them nor anyone else to my recollection have ever mentioned or referenced Johnny Torrio as being a member. Now we are all free to believe whatever we want but the accounts of Bonanno, Gentile, Valachi & Clemente are pretty much the foundation for everything we know about the early American Cosa Nostra and 3 out of the 4 say he was in fact a member so imo and I'm sure the opinions of 99.9% of the members of this forum the case is closed on that question.
it thought masseria sent capone to chicago in order to take over mafia operations and fight joe aiello who was alligned with maranzano
capone was probably made a member in new york by masseria himself
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: BEST and WORST Mob Hits

Post by johnny_scootch »

scagghiuni wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:16 am it thought masseria sent capone to chicago in order to take over mafia operations and fight joe aiello who was alligned with maranzano
capone was probably made a member in new york by masseria himself
No, Capone went to Chicago and worked under Johnny Torrio whose organization was NOT a part of Cosa Nostra. Capone only becomes the leader of that organization because Torrio decided to retire after an attempt on his life by rivals. This is in 1925 and it's not until few years later that Masseria becomes Boss of Bosses and begins making demands of tribute from the leaders of other families and basically throwing his weight around in a national sense that gets the balling rolling into what would become the Castellamaresi war. Sal Maranzano, Stefano Magaddino & Joe Aiello were compaesani and thus allied so to destabilize their alliance Masseria promises to make Capone a member & captain in his family if he kills Aiello. If Schiro doesn't flee or Reina isn't murdered chances are that Capone & his Outfit may never have become part of Cosa Nostra and the history of the Chicago underworld as we know it would be completely different.

Apologies to all for staying off topic.