Facts about Frank Cali (pre-murder)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Facts about Frank Cali (pre-murder)

Post by CabriniGreen »

What's the speculation, under or consig?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:45 pm What's the speculation, under or consig?
We've had law enforcement and Capeci (quoting law enforcement) saying that Cali was underboss. That essentially means the conversation is over. Done. Finished. Without that, hell, speculate away. But it's like people would rather engage in endless speculation rather than just have an answer.
All roads lead to New York.
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

B. wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:50 am
FriendofFamily wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:23 am At some point I may merge this topic in with the Big Frank Cali Thread
This topic has nothing to do with his murder and there is good discussion in this thread distinct from that clusterfuck of a thread. As the one who started it, I ask you not to. Thank you.
As this Topic has gained enough Traction on its own and hasn't gone haywire that should be sufficient for letting this Topic Stand on its own Merit. I also was looking for feedback from the Posters in this thread before making a decision on it.

TOPIC: STANDS - Court Adjourned - Moving on
Know which Game to Play
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

What soldiers did Cali have in his crew?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Facts about Frank Cali (pre-murder)

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:
Lupara wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:37 am
Frank wrote:
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:27 am
Frank wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:16 am I know I posted this already, but thought it should be under this topic.

Capeci and his sources still had Cali as Underboss . Also said that he was well liked by his Gambino Family peers and other NYC wiseguys Ending speculation that he was demoted and in the outs with the Sicilian and maybe others in the Family.
Well, it should end speculation but that doesn't necessarily mean it will.
I love speculating, but I like having the at the moment facts even better.
Speculation is there in an attempt to fill in the blanks when there is a lack of facts to explain everything.

When there are enough facts, there is no need to speculate.

But God forbid posters here are going to speculate, because that will surely bring about the demise of this forum. It's blasphemy and people should be punished for it. There is no place for such ignorant fools in heaven.
Agreed. But there's enough facts to verify that Cali was underboss, no? Hence, no need for speculation anymore.
I'd say yes by felice has built up some credit over the years.

Frank
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Facts about Frank Cali (pre-murder)

Post by Frank »

Lupara wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:37 am
Wiseguy wrote:
Frank wrote:
Frank wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:16 am I know I posted this already, but thought it should be under this topic.

Capeci and his sources still had Cali as Underboss . Also said that he was well liked by his Gambino Family peers and other NYC wiseguys Ending speculation that he was demoted and in the outs with the Sicilian and maybe others in the Family.
Speculation is there in an attempt to fill in the blanks when there is a lack of facts to explain everything.

But God forbid posters here are going to speculate, because that will surely bring about the demise of this forum. It's blasphemy and people should be punished for it. There is no place for such ignorant fools in heaven.
Agreed. But there's enough facts to verify that Cali was underboss, no? Hence, no need for speculation anymore.
What I was trying to to say is LE has had the administration that way for awhile, and now with Cali getting killed they and Capeci hadn't changed it, and reconfirmed it. Doesn't that over rule any other info for right now.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Facts about Frank Cali (pre-murder)

Post by Lupara »

Frank wrote:
Lupara wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:37 am
Wiseguy wrote:
Frank wrote:

What I was trying to to say is LE has had the administration that way for awhile, and now with Cali getting killed they and Capeci hadn't changed it, and reconfirmed it. Doesn't that over rule any other info for right now.
It's satisying enough not to start a debate about it.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Felice's info is always worthy of consideration and discussion but having known him on here for many years I don't think he would expect everyone to update their official lists when info from other reputable sources is different from his. As he said, too, his source might have accidentally switched the underboss/consigliere roles. Anyway, let's put Cali's administrative position to rest and go back to the captain question I asked about earlier.

Was Cali ever identified in any article or indictments as an official captain before the info about him being on the admin came out? I saw one report mention him as a captain in 2008 but all other info from that period has him as an acting captain and the report I saw very well could have been speaking in generalities. 2008, though, would coincide with John Gambino joining the ruling panel. Sometimes we see guys take over as official captains even when the original captain is "only" an acting administration or panel member, i.e. Basciano/Cicale.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Related to this topic, it would be cool to list out all of the confirmed current members of the Gambino Sicilian faction. This includes American-born members of Sicilian heritage who are affiliated with the Sicilian group as well as "zips".

Domenico Cefalu
Dominick Cefalu
Riccardo Cefalu (1) (likely inactive)
Riccardo Cefalu (2)
Giuseppe Gambino
Francesco Inzerillo (confirmed?)
Pietro "Tall Pete" Inzerillo
Salvatore Inzerillo (likely inactive)
Joseph Lanni
Salvatore Lombardo*
Lorenzo Mannino
Francesco Palmeri (unconfirmed; possible Sicilian mafia member)
Paul Semplice
Santo Zito
Filippo LNU (possibly inactive/dead)

Others of note:
Pasquale Conte (likely inactive)
Frank DiStefano (said by Felice to have visited/maintained contact with Sicilian mafia figures)
Tommaso "Tommy from LA" Gambino (Los Angeles member; likely inactive)
Francesco Paolo Graziano

This does not include Sicilian mafia members who have not formally transferred to the Gambino family. There are likely names, both new and old, who have not been identified as members.

* - Lombardo was described by Felice as a made member of the Montelepre family in Sicily who received permission to transfer to the Gambino family through Giuseppe Gambino. It should be noted that Montelepre members hiding in Canada, Michele Marrese and Michele Modica, are said to have played a role in drug trafficking discussions connected to the Gambino family and Inzerillo clan in the mid-2000s.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

B. wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:39 pm Felice's info is always worthy of consideration and discussion but having known him on here for many years I don't think he would expect everyone to update their official lists when info from other reputable sources is different from his. As he said, too, his source might have accidentally switched the underboss/consigliere roles. Anyway, let's put Cali's administrative position to rest and go back to the captain question I asked about earlier.

Was Cali ever identified in any article or indictments as an official captain before the info about him being on the admin came out? I saw one report mention him as a captain in 2008 but all other info from that period has him as an acting captain and the report I saw very well could have been speaking in generalities. 2008, though, would coincide with John Gambino joining the ruling panel. Sometimes we see guys take over as official captains even when the original captain is "only" an acting administration or panel member, i.e. Basciano/Cicale.
I'm kind of confused about the time line.He was acting for Jackie Diamico, then he later was acting for John Gambino or were those decinas merged.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@Frank

Good question, I'm confused as to whether Damico was running the Bergin crew and 18th, or one or the other.....

A couple questions on Cali.....

1. DiLeonardos statements......

Specifically him stating Cali took the family out of drugs. This is a bizarre statement...... does he mean street level dealing?

Which brings me to........

2. Cali and his ties to Sicily

https://vaaju.com/italyeng/mafia-carved ... 6-arrests/

This is the second article I've come across describing Settimo Mineo, and his planned forays into America. Describing him as the Sicilian Mafias contact with America.

He was going to meet with the Inzerillos most likely Cali. I gotta ask, WHAT THE FUCK FOR? LOL, if not drugs?

Also, with all the discussion on the Villabate family, what's your take on Greco basically scaring Colletti and Bisconte into ratting?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Frank wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:22 pm
B. wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:39 pm Felice's info is always worthy of consideration and discussion but having known him on here for many years I don't think he would expect everyone to update their official lists when info from other reputable sources is different from his. As he said, too, his source might have accidentally switched the underboss/consigliere roles. Anyway, let's put Cali's administrative position to rest and go back to the captain question I asked about earlier.

I'm kind of confused about the time line.He was acting for Jackie Diamico, then he later was acting for John Gambino or were those decinas merged.
This may be missing details and if anything is wrong someone can correct it:

- John Gambino imprisoned in 1992, demoted sometime shortly thereafter by Gotti.
- What little of Gambino crew still on the street assigned to Jackie D'Amico crew, itself with a strong presence on 18th avenue with deep Palermitani history.
- Frank Cali inducted as early as 1997 and no later than 1999.
- At some unspecified time in the mid or late 90s, Nick Corozzo and Lenny DiMaria push for Gambino's reinstatement as captain, which is approved by Junior Gotti.
- Gambino is made captain again and his crew presumably still reports to D'Amico.
- Frank Cali possibly becomes acting captain of the Gambino crew in early 2000s, with Jack D'Amico still captain of his own crew. If so, it's likely these crews still operated closely.
- In 2005, D'Amico becomes acting boss and Frank Cali reported to take over as acting captain of D'Amico's crew.
- John Gambino is released from prison in late 2005.
- D'Amico and Cali indicted in 2008. Cali is indicted as acting captain, seemingly still for D'Amico.
- Gambino elevated to ruling panel in 2008. This continues indefinitely, to the best of our knowledge until his death.
- Frank Cali is ID'd as underboss by late 2012. Despite rumors otherwise, this is said by LE to have continued indefinitely.
- Lorenzo Mannino identified as a captain at some point in the 2010s.
- John Gambino dies late 2017.
- Frank Cali murdered March 2019.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

There are many other sicilians and calabrians I can't name because they never emerged in any investigation plus they read this forum, 100% fact one of Calì's relative do and they know me.
Anyway even Capeci wrote that Calì is survived by a brother, it is totally new from me.
Never heard about a brother, bronx may know it but I really doubt he has a bro.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

For me*
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Search R and S Circus Produce Corp. I don't know how to get the PDF from my phone to to this topic.