Some DeCavalcante Family Info (1980s-1990s)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Some DeCavalcante Family Info (1980s-1990s)

Post by Rocco »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:Does anyone have anything on Frank Polizzi being the Acting Boss during the early/mid 70s? I've only ever seen that mentioned in that Made Men book but I don't know how accurate that is since the book has a lot of errors.

Anyone?

Pogo
I have never heard that before and like you said there is allot of info that is not accurate in the book. Polizzi is a big mystery to me. You would think he would have wound up with the bonanno's zip crew. He had a lounge in Newark area but never really socialized with other LCN families members (Bruno, Gambino, Genovese) in that area. Some knew about him but not allot. It has been stated that he really didn't have a crew of soldiers under him either. Seemed to be a Junk dealer that did business with Zips from other families. His trial was pretty comical with his wife on the stand stating that the brown bag contained fish and not herion etc lol
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks Felice. Whose mugshot is that?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Thanks Felice. Whose mugshot is that?

Pogo

I don't know...all these guys should be part of an early 2000s big indictement against the decavalcante family
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Get all their names and I'll make a chart if B. and Pogo can assist with the accuracy.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Guesses:

Number 2: Salvatore Timpani - 99% sure of this.
Number 5: I think one of Riggi sons

The photo with 620 on the door was posted in the old board. I don't remember who they are. Somebody here will know it for sure.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Rocco wrote:His trial was pretty comical with his wife on the stand stating that the brown bag contained fish and not herion etc lol

That's pretty funny. If he wasn't the Acting Boss he was likely a Soldier. When he got out in 1995 he was promoted to Capo.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Most of them are associates I believe.

Second guy is Sal Timpani.

The heavyset bald guy also appears at the Bono wedding with Riggi, Schifilliti, Farone, Rotondo, and Amari, but he was much younger and had a full head of hair. I'm not sure who he is.

Guy with the blue jacket opening his trunk is James Gallo. In the one above that, with the angry old guy leaving the Ribera club, the guy with the mustache is Charles Colletti who to the best of my knowledge is not a member or even an associate, though he is related to the Collettis who are.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Chris Christie wrote:As for Corleone connections between Harlem and Elizabeth...

Majuri could have been originally Maggiore, but it also could have been Majuri in Sicily. I went through alot of birth and baptismal records from the 1800's in Corleone and other cities and you will find spellings that are not Italian, Majuri is one them, Aubry another and names containing X and J can be found. You would need to hire a genealogist to trace Majuri to Gagliano if such a connection exists. And if it does exist, further connect them (if possible) to the mafia chain of Gaglianos (there was an Angelo Gagliano who doubled as Angelo 'Renia-SS' Reina?? who seemed to be someone of Harlem influence), but there could have been several families of Gaglianos (and there was, the Harlem Gaglianos had connections to I think Mezzojuso or somewhere in that vicinity (Rick can correct me, I don't recall honestly it's the same city the Lo Montes came from). That would be the way you are looking for. There could be a connection or it could be a coincidence. In the 1910's in Harlem there was a Frank Bonanno who was Corleonese, he got into a feud with Giuseppe Lo Bue, one of Morello's cousins. Bonanno wasn't connected to the Williamsburg Bonannos. Same with the Pecoraros. Giuseppe was from Bagheria and Giovanni from Piana dei Greci, both seem with the Morellos but Rick and I can't confirm any relation. They both could have been related or it could have been coincidental, one article stated they were cousins but both families backgrounds go back 3 gens each in their respective cities so Rick and I didn't feel comfortable as that could have been an error by the newspaper writer, common in the 1900's. Ignazio Lupo's bro in law Francesco Gambino of Pagliarelli, Palermo was not related (that we could find) to the Carlo Gambinos of Passo di Rigano, Palermo, about a 30 minute walk between each place. Same goes for Giuseppe Fontana of the Gambinos and Harry Fontana in the Colombos, or Manfredi Mineo and the future Mineo who was temporary acting something in the Colombos in the 60's. In our article, for all the connections we made, there were 3x that which lead to nothing. Which sucks because you feel some kinda connection exists, but nothing is connecting, you painfully have to go with what the facts allow but keep your eye open for future leads to come available. I'm preaching to the choir, you know this.

The only thing I can add, which you already know, is that NYC was connected to other cities by bloodlines and compaesanismo. New Orleans had a Palermitan and Corleonesi population, so naturally in NY the Gambinos and Genoveses were connected to them. But they were separate families, the members in New Orleans were not answering to NY because of their Palermitan or Corleonese heritage but contacts, associations, definitely! Again, this you already know.

For this Elizabeth Family, they were separate from the Newark Family which was disbanded in the 30's and absorbed by Profaci, Luciano and (?) the Gambinos, am I correct? Do we know when the Elizabeth Family began or is it still guesswork? You've looked into this, I'll look to you, me non-English matey.
Don't recall Gaglianos being from Mezzojuso but some may have been from Villafrati (where the Lo Montes came from). The Corleonese were connected to people from the cities/towns/communi on the other side of the Riserva Naturale Orientata Bosco di la Ficuzza like the aforementioned communi of Mezzojuso and Villafrati plus Cefala Diana (where Saverio Pollaccia came from), Cimmina (who some relatives of the Lo Montes came from), Marineo (Salvatore Loiacano), Campofelice and Baucina. Some of the Arbereshe (Albanians who fled Turkish-Muslim Jihadists in the 1400s-1600s and were given land in Italy for fighting them) cities were connected to each other, but were also associated with different crime families. The Arbereshe moved between Palermo, Palazzo Adrianno and Piana di Greci. Arbereshe included Nicola Schiro (Schiro is from Albanian), the Ardizzones of Los Angeles, and some of the Pecoraros. In early Los Angeles it was dominated by Mafiosi from Piana di Greci and Corleone, so the same sort of connection that existed in New York also existed in Los Angeles. In the case of the Majuris of New Jersey being part of a borgata dominated by Ribersi it may not be part of the pattern so their could have simply been a friendship or a relationship by marriage that brought them in.

BTW, that quote about Anderson Cooper is priceless.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

About Frank Polizzi:

His mother is definitely born San Giuseppe Jato and she had surname Brusca. I would be surprised if she's not related to those Brusca's. I never managed to find out where his father Salvatore is from. Probably it is also Jato but I cannot confirm it. His sister is married to a Badalamenti and I highly suspect he is nephew of Don Tanu.

Some people said Riela was his uncle. There were some Riela's in the Mafia of San Giuseppe Jato in 1920s but I still couldn't find any Polizzi references there. It could be Riela was a cousin of one of the Parents or maybe even further related.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

#3 looks more like jimmy gallo then the guy opening the trunk. the guy opening the trunk looks like abramo #6 looks a little like Charles majuri but thinner in the face. #4 looks just like dead Chicago enforcer schweils (sp) ? and # looks like a younger joey the clown Lombardo lol
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The guy opening the trunk has way too much hair to be Abramo. Abramo was bald.

Pogo
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Since Riela and others have been mentioned, maybe we could make a list of who went where following the break-up of the Newark Family. Would help to sort things out. On top of my head I can only recall members going to two Families -- the Profacis and the Bonannos. I think most or many of the members were from Villabate, hence the connection to the Profacis. Contrasts with the Elizabeth Family mostly being from Ribera. I used to think that way back they were the same Family and split up, especially since Elizabeth is right next to Newark, but they were always separate.

Anthony Riela - Bonanno (previously connected to Springfield, IL)
Salvatore Lombardino - Profaci
Emmanuel Cammarata - Profaci (attended 1928 Cleveland meet)
Michael Russo - Profaci? (attended 1928 Cleveland meet)
etc

Then, also interesting, are Chicago guys connected to Elizabeth, such as James DeGeorge (Northside capo before Ross Prio), Phil Bacino (close to DeGeorge and allegedly a former boss of Elizabeth who became part of the Chicago Heights Crew), Tony Pinelli (lived in Southern California from the 1950s to his death, previously connected with Chicago Heights Crew and before that the Northside Crew -- may have even been a capo before DeGeorge), and Joseph Lolordo (brother of former Mafia boss Pasqualino Lolordo and ex-bodyguard to Tony Lombardo; Pasqualino Lolordo, who succeeded Lombardo, was killed by the Joe Aiello-Bugs Moran Gang). B. also pointed out that there's a Merlo in Elizabeth -- could this person be related to former Chicago boss Mike Merlo (boss from 1921-1924)?