New LCNBios Update

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bert
Full Patched

Re: New LCNBios Update

Post by bert »

Castellano had to see prison coming, so did the others. Sonny, are you the attorney for anyone I disagree with? Eboli was assassinated 14 years before Castellano, Galante 6 years before him, so your "40 years since an assassination" comment since an assassinaion is way off.

I just don't see how anyone would want a top spot, and it's my opinion. I think others in that family and other families feel the same.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

bert wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:52 am Castellano had to see prison coming, so did the others. Sonny, are you the attorney for anyone I disagree with? Eboli was assassinated 14 years before Castellano, Galante 6 years before him, so your "40 years since an assassination" comment since an assassinaion is way off.

I just don't see how anyone would want a top spot, and it's my opinion. I think others in that family and other families feel the same.
Neither Galanti nor Eboli were official bosses. So ah, no it’s not.

And I’ve been inclined to throw my two cents in as I’ve read several of your posts as aggressive in nature.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

I would love to see documentaries on the smaller family crime bosses. Never really been done.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:32 pm I would love to see documentaries on the smaller family crime bosses. Never really been done.
Unless one of the handful of us that give a shit about smaller LCN families write a documentary, it ain't going to happen :(
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Albert Anastasia was killed in 1957. Angelo Bruno was killed in 1980. For reference that's 28 years and 5 years before 1985, respectively. On the larger point, things were very, very different in 1985. I don't think most saw the tidal wave of multi year racketeering convictions coming in 1985, such that they expected to die in prison. Especially before the commission case which would really have opened some eyes....
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Plus Phil Testa got killed in 1981.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I was referring to the NYC 5 and it was an off the cuff example to illustrate a point.

But thanks for the useless statistical references gents.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Not sure what point you are trying to make. That being killed wasn't something that Castellano would have been worried about in 1985? But how could that be when in recent memory several Bosses and Acting Bosses had been killed or had plots against them to be killed. Most of whom Castellano personally knew or whose murder he was involved with either before or after.
Castellano himself told his mistress "people like me die in the streets". So yeah Castellano knew that being assassinated was a very real possibility.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Guys were always getting killed, including a few captains. Castellano knew it could happen to him. The obvious and inevitable thing was what did come, the Commission case. All the bosses who take that top spot have a different way of thinking, a few want power, a few fell obligated, and a few may be overconfident
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

I get the point you wanted to make Sonny, but history would prove you wrong. Sounds like you don't want to hear it though
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

New bio posted on Vincent "Fort Lee Jimmy" Capasso of the Bonanno Family.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Not sure I'll ever get tired of hearing new details about the Bonanno family in the 1970s.

One part mentions that if Capasso was a captain it may have been part of Galante's own large crew which had been split different ways. Galante looks to have had a huge crew before his narcotics arrest in the late 1950s and throughout the 1960s it got split into different crews in Montreal, the Bronx, and a few other ways in NYC and even NJ. Galante also looks to have been demoted when he began serving his narcotics sentence.

An FBI report from the early-mid 1970s indicates that Galante was promoted back to captain before his initial release from prison. Vitale also said Galante's official rank in the family was captain at the time of his death. Curious if LCNBios has anything on Galante's decina in the 1970s. The wording of the Capasso post makes it sound like the Zaffarano/Presinzano crew has roots in the Galante crew, which would make sense for Presinzano for sure, but if so, would it trace back to the original 1950s Galante crew or did Galante also have soldiers under him in the 1970s when he was promoted back to captain?

We also have James Galante showing up as a captain around the time Carmine solidified his hold on the Bonanno family. No indication this crew had roots in another crew and Massino may have been assigned to it so that Galante could keep a close eye on him. James Galante shows up later in Sal Vitale's crew though so maybe there is some continuity between the James Galante crew and the Massino/Vitale crew beyond Massino being under Galante for a time. Galante's demotion in 1979 would coincide with Massino's promotion.

"HI NEPHEW"
"WELCOME HOME. R U GLAD 2 B OUT OF JAIL"
"YA. U WANT 2 B MY DRIVER?"
"K"
"WILL MAKE U CAPO 2"
"OK THANK U ZIO"
"NP"

"HI JOE"
"WHATS UP LILO"
"Y R U TALKING 2 RUSTY"
"IDK. HES LIKE A DAD 2 ME"
"U KNOW IM UR DAD NOW"
"U CAN BOTH B"
"NO"

Also about Capasso, we know underboss Marangello had a crew reporting to him for a time, with Capasso running the social club for Marangello he may have reported direct to Marangello and that could explain why he was mistaken for a captain into the late 1970s.
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

Tonight’s Bio’s update is on the Colombo Family’s Gioeli-Calabro crews.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Updated with a bio on a little known Bonanno member.

Pogo
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

Paul castellano knew what the life was about any one who thinks different is daft he was trying in my opinion to take the family in the right direction to further the familys influence in the legal legit sector and get the guys of the street. Sorry for spellin. Any one who thinks gotti was a better boss is crazy.