Two Plots to Take Over & Unify California (Bompensiero)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Two Plots to Take Over & Unify California (Bompensiero)

Post by B. »

Great find... Joe Bonanno's orphaned first cousin Giuseppe Silinonte was adopted by DiGirolamos in CDG and he used the name Giuseppe DiGirolamo until he came to the US. Could be a connection there.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Definitely could be. Bonanno's first cousin/"nephew" Jack DiFilippi was also around in Northern California, his mother being Giuseppe Bonanno's daughter. In his book, Bonanno says at his and DiFilippi's trial they called him a "loyal soldier", which he deflects, but he definitely could have been made, although I don't think I've seen anything else suggesting that.

Do you know the names of Silinonte's adoptive parents?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Not sure offhand about Silinonte's foster parents, but if I go through his deportation hearing again I'll see if it's in there.

I think Jack DiFilippi came to the US well into adulthood and had a thick accent if I remember right. Wonder if he was involved in CDG since some of the guys who came over from there were loyal to Bonanno like DiFilippi.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

You're right, Bonanno says he came to the US in 1955. I'm pretty sure he was born 1925 in CDG, and died in 1993 in San Jose. But there's not much I could find in a quick search on Ancestry on him.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

thekiduknow wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:32 am Definitely could be. Bonanno's first cousin/"nephew" Jack DiFilippi was also around in Northern California, his mother being Giuseppe Bonanno's daughter. In his book, Bonanno says at his and DiFilippi's trial they called him a "loyal soldier", which he deflects, but he definitely could have been made, although I don't think I've seen anything else suggesting that.
Here's a report that IDs him as a member:

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Any relation to future Consiglieri Joseph DiFilippi? And when did Jsck die? Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:43 am And when did Jsck die? Thanks.
1/13/93. It's right above you Pogo. And before you ask he was born 8/29/25 :lol:
Last edited by OcSleeper on Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Sorry I'm using an older program and sometimes some of the uplaoded images don't sisplay for me. Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

B. wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:55 pm
thekiduknow wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:32 am Definitely could be. Bonanno's first cousin/"nephew" Jack DiFilippi was also around in Northern California, his mother being Giuseppe Bonanno's daughter. In his book, Bonanno says at his and DiFilippi's trial they called him a "loyal soldier", which he deflects, but he definitely could have been made, although I don't think I've seen anything else suggesting that.
Here's a report that IDs him as a member:

There it is, in plain English. Thanks B., I’ll add him to the 63 chart as well. If he came to the US in 55, there’s a good chance he could have been made prior to 63, although we now know he very well could have been made after.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Speaking of inductions, there’s this in the Bill Bonanno files I posted:

This comes from Anthony Insana, who was associated with the Bonannos in California starting in 1976. He was involved in the home improvement fraud Bill was doing around that time. Insana flipped in 1979 and testified at Bill’s trial.

Not surprising that they were still “sponsoring” guys at this point, I don’t think they had fully given up forming a family in California.

Insana was born in Rhode Island, but I don’t know who or what the relation is to a member there.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Vito "Willie" Badamo Sr. was active in Rhode Island and his son Vito Jr. and Anthony Santoro (indicted together more recently) were busted for robbing a drug house there in the 1990s.

I don't think LCNBios ever ID'd when Badamo Sr. was made but from what I've found on him his family is Castellammarese. He might not be who is referred to above but he's one of the few (only?) Bonanno members I know of who can be directly linked to Rhode Island. Boston would be a different story since the early Boston faction had significant Trapanesi leaders with ties to the Bonannos and Girolamo Asaro moved there after Petrosino arrested him.

Badamo Sr. also lived for a time in Pennsylvania so he's kind of an enigma in terms of geographical ties.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Full circle back to LA, in the mid-1970s Vincent "Jimmy Styles" DiGirolamo was associating with Jimmy Fratianno:

DiGirolamo seems to be one of the more criminally active West Coast Bonannos in the 1970s after everyone was ostracized.

SD-1064-C-TE is Frank Bompensiero so he was familiar with DiGirolamo's activity. This is only a matter of months before Bomp's murder.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

DiGirolamo was hanging around Bompensiero since the early 70s, and apparently met with Bompensiero the day before he was murdered

From 1974 Image

The Brooklier is Anthony Brooklier, a lawyer and Domenic's son.

Not sure how much of this is true, but the connections seem to there and are interesting nonetheless. This article from 1979 says that DiGirolamo was plotting with LA associates to take over the California families with Anthony Spilotro.

And you're right B., he's described as a "burgler, hijacker, and loan shark".
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Looks like they were family friends, Bill was godfather to one of his kids.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Will have to see if any records link him to Silinonte's foster father Stefano DiGirolamo. Silinonte was old enough to be Jimmy Styles' father or grandfather himself so a relation between Jimmy and Stefano if it exists might be far removed. Still, the DiGirolamo name doesn't come up a lot in CDG mafia circles and both these guys were closely tied to the Bonanno clan.

Makes sense why LE suspected Bonanno in the Bomp hit given the contact they had leading up to the murder and DiGirolamo being right there the day before. Various 1970s reports make it clear Fratianno, Bomp, and JB were still trying to manipulate what was left in California -- if not together definitely on their own.