Genovese Family Administration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Genovese Family Administration

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Frank wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:18 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 pm Danny Leo was also on the panel at one time. same with artie nigro. and i believe Marty the horse held a actual position. probably consig??
Yes Leo was on the ruling panel, he then became acting boss in 2005. The exact dates of most ruling panel member is a little unclear because some would be jailed and replaced with another member. There was between 6 to 10 members on panel. During this time the official administration was all imprisoned. There was an acting boss and the ruling panel. Their was no acting Underboss or Consigliere. The panel took the place of those positions. Matty the horse was acting boss for a brief period, after Cirillo was indicted. He was never underboss or Consigliere.
i thought Leo was AB as well but wiseguy said he was only on panel. Idk about Matty the horse being ever in a boss spot tho.
I do recall he was official UB or consig tho
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Leo was thought to probably been AB around 05/06 by some LE. Others in LE had him just as one of the top guys on the street.

GL news republished in the NY Sun.
https://www.nysun.com/new-york/meet-the ... oss/44363/

Regarding Artie Nigro I dont recall his name ever appearing on a panel but he was carried as an AB around 02/03 and presided over a making ceremony with Pasquale DeLuca.

Anyone know if DeLuca is still alive, active?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Leo was in fact Acting Boss and on the ruling panel before that.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/ny ... s%20PR.pdf

Beginning in about 2005, DANIEL LEO became the Acting
Boss of the Genovese Organized Crime Family, from his previous
post as a member of the Family’s ruling panel. During the time
DANIEL LEO served as Acting Boss, he continued to supervise a
"crew" of Genovese Organized Crime Family members and associates,
including JOSEPH LEO and others, who committed loansharking,
extortion, and illegal gambling offenses under DANIEL LEO's
direction.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 pm Leo was in fact Acting Boss and on the ruling panel before that.

direction.
I know we have had our differences but you are like a walking encyclepdia. your memory is crazy good
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 pm Leo was in fact Acting Boss and on the ruling panel before that.

direction.
Correct me if I'm wrong Pogo but wasn't Iannello acting boss between Cirillo and Leo, so it would of been a few months. Don't recall The Horse being underboss or consigliere.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:49 am Leo was thought to probably been AB around 05/06 by some LE. Others in LE had him just as one of the top guys on the street.

GL news republished in the NY Sun.
https://www.nysun.com/new-york/meet-the ... oss/44363/

Regarding Artie Nigro I dont recall his name ever appearing on a panel but he was carried as an AB around 02/03 and presided over a making ceremony with Pasquale DeLuca.

Anyone know if DeLuca is still alive, active?
Yes I have same info on Nigro. Listed as acting boss, but never mentioned as a panel member. Not sure about DeLuca still being active.Which brings up a point, was the acting boss part of the ruling panel or separate. I guess it really doesn't matter, but just something to think about. Wasn't DeLuca mentioned as a panel member and an acting boss by that undercover cop??
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:24 ami thought Leo was AB as well but wiseguy said he was only on panel.
Uh, I never said that. In fact, a quick search of my posts shows back in March I said Leo "was on the ruling panel prior to becoming acting boss..."
Idk about Matty the horse being ever in a boss spot tho.
I do recall he was official UB or consig tho
Ianniello was never identified as underboss or consigliere. He was identified as an acting boss at one point.

"Stop the fucking drugs, they're making your mind into mush!"
Frank wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:33 pmYes I have same info on Nigro. Listed as acting boss, but never mentioned as a panel member. Not sure about DeLuca still being active.Which brings up a point, was the acting boss part of the ruling panel or separate. I guess it really doesn't matter, but just something to think about. Wasn't DeLuca mentioned as a panel member and an acting boss by that undercover cop??
A lot of the acting bosses we saw had been on the ruling panel at one point. I've wondered if the panel set overall policy and make major decisions while one of them was made acting boss to run things day to day. And, yes, Garcia identified DeLuca as being the acting boss at one point during his undercover work.
All roads lead to New York.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

[quote=Wiseguy post_

"Stop the fucking drugs, they're making your mind into mush!

damn it!
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Frank wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:25 pm Correct me if I'm wrong Pogo but wasn't Iannello acting boss between Cirillo and Leo, so it would of been a few months. Don't recall The Horse being underboss or consigliere.

Correct. Cirillo was indicted in early April 2005 and Ianniello was indicted in late July 2005. So his reign was very brief.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:03 pm
Frank wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:25 pm Correct me if I'm wrong Pogo but wasn't Iannello acting boss between Cirillo and Leo, so it would of been a few months. Don't recall The Horse being underboss or consigliere.
L
Correct. Cirillo was indicted in early April 2005 and Ianniello was indicted in late July 2005. So his reign was very brief.

Pogo
Thanks
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

After Bellomo was indicted in 96 Cirillo was in no shape to replace him, so they created a panel to assist him, in essence replacing all admin positions with temporary ones. He was titled acting boss until his heart attack. Later we know Serpico, Muscarella, Nigro, Ianniello and Daniel Leo at different times held the same position. From the court documents, quoted above by Pogo, we know Leo was on the panel too. I always assumed all the acting bosses were on a panel and the guy best suited at the time took the reins. After his heart attack Cirillo returned as a capo and later on as acting boss too. The confirmed names who sat on the different panels are Mangano, Muscarella, Leo, Dentico, Bellomo, Fiumara, Longo, Barbato & Mario Gigante.
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:49 am Anyone know if DeLuca is still alive, active?
As far as I know he's alive and in semi-retirement (possibly retired at this point) since his release.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

When Danny Leo became acting boss around 2006, Mario Gigante became his acting underboss. So at that time, there was no ruling panel. Correct me if I´m wrong but I don´t think Mario Gigante has been identified as a member of a ruling panel, or ever as an acting boss.
There you have it, never printed before.
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

I remember an old ganglandnews article that named mario gigante as the caretaker of the family not necessarily the acting boss but I suppose it's the same thing. It was I think mentioned during the summer of 2005. But after chin died Capeci named Danny leo as acting boss so I'd assume mario retired or stepped down.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:44 am When Danny Leo became acting boss around 2006, Mario Gigante became his acting underboss. So at that time, there was no ruling panel. Correct me if I´m wrong but I don´t think Mario Gigante has been identified as a member of a ruling panel, or ever as an acting boss.
After Mario's release in 2001 he was identified as a soldier who helped Muscarella run the family. Later he was mentioned as 'senior advisor' in a couple of reports. That was when Chin was still alive. If I remember correctly (not 100% sure on that) In transcripts of wiretaps connected to Dentico's 2005 indictment Gigante was named as a member of the committee.

After Dentico's arrest, Gigante was identified as acting boss by GLN. Capeci names him as such here too:
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/crimelaw/features/10870/

You're correct about Leo. Around the time there were rumours he might become official. After his indictment the family set up another ruling panel with Fiumara and two other members, unnamed by the feds, but it was a different panel compared to the one which operated before.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

don-shunter wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 4:45 am I remember an old ganglandnews article that named mario gigante as the caretaker of the family not necessarily the acting boss but I suppose it's the same thing. It was I think mentioned during the summer of 2005. But after chin died Capeci named Danny leo as acting boss so I'd assume mario retired or stepped down.
eboli wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:36 am
After Mario's release in 2001 he was identified as a soldier who helped Muscarella run the family. Later he was mentioned as 'senior advisor' in a couple of reports. That was when Chin was still alive. If I remember correctly (not 100% sure on that) In transcripts of wiretaps connected to Dentico's 2005 indictment Gigante was named as a member of the committee.

After Dentico's arrest, Gigante was identified as acting boss by GLN. Capeci names him as such here too:
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/crimelaw/features/10870/

You're correct about Leo. Around the time there were rumours he might become official. After his indictment the family set up another ruling panel with Fiumara and two other members, unnamed by the feds, but it was a different panel compared to the one which operated before.
Thanks guys!
There you have it, never printed before.