5 Family's Making Ceremonies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: 5 Family's Making Ceremonies

Post by Angelo Santino »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:Schiro became boss in Oct of 1912, presided over it until 1930. During that time, members of His Family went onto become Bosses of Philadelphia, New England, Detroit, San Francisco.

Who were the Schiro members who became bosses in NE and SF? Thanks.

Pogo
Gaspar Messina and Frank Lanza got started under Schiro.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks. Weird how a guy from Brooklyn became a Boss so far away way in a place like SF. Magaddino also got his start under Schiro so that would be 5 Schiro guy's that went on to become Bosses in other cities. That's is pretty crazy and shows just how connected all these different groups were back then.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I think it is in Christie and Rick's article, but isn't there some speculation that Masseria may have gotten his start in the Schiro family because of his connections to Trapani? It also may explain where some of his resentments toward the Castellammarese group came from. If that's the case, that would make 6 bosses of other families who came from that family.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

The guys who were made in 1991 are Danny Persico, Frankie Campanella and Patty Coppola. But I´m not sure these guys were made in same ceremony. I think the info originally comes from JD
Raven
Straightened out

Re: 5 Families Making Ceremonies

Post by Raven »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Gambino Family:

1950:
Hugo Bassi
Frank 'Frankie Brown' Bongiorno
Vincent 'Jimmy the Blonde' Corrao
Leonardo Grillo
Carmine Lombardozzi
- Couple others

1953:
Anthony “Fat Andy” Ruggiano

Likely candidates for the 1950, 1953 and 1954-1957 ceremonies.
Paul “Big Paul” Castellano
Aniello "Niel" Dellacroce
Joseph “Joe” N. Gallo
Frank “Frankie Loc” LoCascio
Steven Armone
Joseph “Joe Piney” Armone
James "Jimmy Brown" Failla
Anthony “Little Tony” Carminiti
Stephen "Steven Coogan" Grammauta
Salvatore "Toddo" Aurello
Louis “Louie” DiBono
Joseph "Joe" Arcuri
Vincent “Bozzi” DeCicco
Anthony Scotto
Mario Traina
Frank Corbi

In Joseph Valechi's Testimony he says that two of the guys that supposedly paid Frank Scalise to be "made" in the mid 1950's were Joseph "JoJo" Manfredi and James Massi.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

It should be pointed out that Schiro (with Mineo and the Morellos) was fighting against D'Aquila in 1912 or so, I could see D'Aquila giving Schiro the death penalty too. This would explain why he played a neutral role until he stepped down.

As for members from one side of the country becoming bosses in another, there are other examples. Manfredi Mineo left Sicily to become a New York boss. Vito Di Giorgio left New Orleans to become the boss of Los Angeles. Nick Gentile became the Kansas City boss for a short while, and he was from all over. It seems that a lot of Families didn't promote from within, or there wasn't anyone who felt a local could do the job.
Raven
Straightened out

Re: 5 Families Making Ceremonies

Post by Raven »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Genovese Family:

1976:
Venero “Benny Eggs” Mangano
Dominick "Quiet Dom" Cirillo
Louis “Louie Dome” Pacella
Anthony DeVingo
George Barone
Pasquale “Patty” Macchirole
John Russo

Pogo,

Pacella is on the 1963 Valachi Charts. I know they are not 100% accurate but doesn't that give a good indication that Pacella was made before 1976? Just throwing it out there. Maybe you have an FBI file or something that says 1976?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Could very well be. I don't remember where I got Pacella being made in 1976.

I should also add that I haven't added all the corrections and additions I have made to the lists.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

According to Big Lou Tartaglione, he was present at the making ceremony of Nicky Santora. Does this make sense with the information we have? It says here that Santora was made in 1981, Tartaglione in 1984. Are associates generally at making ceremonies? Apparently a guy named 'Sal' presided over the ceremony - would that be Sal Ferrugia? Alternatively, maybe Tartaglione was made in 81, and not 84? Or maybe Tartaglione is lying for government, in order to convict Santora in his 2016 case?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Santora was made in 1996. I have a lot of additions and corrections but never updated the original post.

Pogo
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Thanks, Pogo.

Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Just been reading a capeci article about genovese mobster John buster ardito . He claime on wiretaps he was made in 1958
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

According to Kenji Gallo, Joe Baudanza of the Colombos was made in the same ceremony as Joe Campanella, in 1989. Don't know how reliable he is.

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Hailbritain wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:43 pm Just been reading a capeci article about genovese mobster John buster ardito . He claime on wiretaps he was made in 1958
Ardito (probably on the same wire) also claimed that the books were opened in 1974. These guys are imperfect with years/dates, though, to say the least.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Fat Sammy Valenti was one of the other guys sponsored by Jerry Asaro at the same time as John Ragano (I think Vinny Asaro revealed that in 2012 or so) and by 2014, Fat Sammy was a soldier so it's probably safe to say he was made in the same ceremony as Ragano.