Joey Merlino is back in town

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Joey Merlino is back in town

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

If other bosses are reaching out and telling members to not do business with Philly then this is proof Joey is still the boss.

Why would they care about Philly as a family if Joeys out of the game and not talking LCN?

WHY would Joey fight a war and do 15 years for control of Philly to go.... Im out and going to do Pods for Peanuts. You believe that? Fought a trial with a life sentance to walk away to do Pods for $500 a month. Okay.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Straightened out

Post by 100100 »

Lol he's doing an interview with Vlad that's out Thursday. I highly doubt he's doing that if "New York" is saying podcasts are a no go. Seems like just the regular bs mafia gossip rumors. If you don't think he has money in legitimate businesses after all these years, don't know what to tell ya.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Not sure where else to put this, but is there anything to the claim that Joey Merlino personally pulled the trigger in the Mikey Ice Brennan hit? People on another site are claiming that. He made his bones by taking part in an earlier hit under Stanfa right? What hit was that? Also why was Mikey Ice killed?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

100100 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:23 pm Lol he's doing an interview with Vlad that's out Thursday. I highly doubt he's doing that if "New York" is saying podcasts are a no go. Seems like just the regular bs mafia gossip rumors. If you don't think he has money in legitimate businesses after all these years, don't know what to tell ya.
i dont think he has any equity in any business

i think he just leeches off of obsequious hangers on.

gets a rich guy that likes being around mobsters, like that guy who owned merlinos in FLA , and gets them to lease cars for him, pay his mortgage etc. takes 70 k loans and not pay them back. im sure he gambles any money kicked up away.

onee thing im sure of is he asks for all podcast money upfront w no risk otherwise he not doing it.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

100100 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:23 pm Lol he's doing an interview with Vlad that's out Thursday. I highly doubt he's doing that if "New York" is saying podcasts are a no go. Seems like just the regular bs mafia gossip rumors. If you don't think he has money in legitimate businesses after all these years, don't know what to tell ya.
That Vlad tv guy is a fucking moron. Worst channel on youtube, got loads of subcribers though, Joey clearly not happy with his patreon money
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Vlad i think the most he pays for interviews is 10k. Thats kinda shocking hes doing vlad. Hes ask good questions im sure merlino told him he wont incriminate himself or others. It will be 60min of him bashing rats
Tasker
Honorary Member

Post by Tasker »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:39 pm If other bosses are reaching out and telling members to not do business with Philly then this is proof Joey is still the boss.

Why would they care about Philly as a family if Joeys out of the game and not talking LCN?

WHY would Joey fight a war and do 15 years for control of Philly to go.... Im out and going to do Pods for Peanuts. You believe that? Fought a trial with a life sentance to walk away to do Pods for $500 a month. Okay.
Besides the gangster report, is anyone else reporting that NY is reaching out like that? I agree that it would substantiate Joey still being active, but I’m not convinced that’s actually happening.

Also, and I could be wrong about this, you could be overestimating the $ in Philly LCN in 2024 and underestimating what Joey *thinks* a successful podcast would bring in. And without the legal headaches..
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I think joeys smart anuff to step down as boss. Hes still respected in his family just not official boss. Theres been a few. Sam decavalcante went to florida. Catena retired to florida. They still held power but just not in a official position. This is what i think happened. He named his replacement whoever it is
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:31 am Vlad i think the most he pays for interviews is 10k. Thats kinda shocking hes doing vlad. Hes ask good questions im sure merlino told him he wont incriminate himself or others. It will be 60min of him bashing rats
In this clip, VladTV mentions 100K for some interviews. Depends on the guest:
https://youtu.be/G2tBBeVwLsc?si=Hl0qi3GuTIEnvNXJ
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Ivan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:26 am Not sure where else to put this, but is there anything to the claim that Joey Merlino personally pulled the trigger in the Mikey Ice Brennan hit? People on another site are claiming that. He made his bones by taking part in an earlier hit under Stanfa right? What hit was that? Also why was Mikey Ice killed?
This is what I have in my notes based on Philadelphia Inquirer articles by George Anastasia from the 1990s:

- Michael Brennan was found murdered 6 December 1994 by a walker in a wooded area in Cramer Hill, Camden
- Brennan was shot in the neck, chest, and side, and wrapped in a white sheet
- Brennan was described as a hanger-on and a wannabe
- Brennan and Vincent Iannece were arrested in November 1994 after getting into a brawl with another man in a bar in Philadelphia
- Brennan and Iannece were released on $2,500 bail
- Some law enforcement sources said Brennan and Iannece were “underlings” of Merlino
- Investigators were looking into claims that Brennan was dating the sister of a “high-ranking member of the Merlino family”
- Rosario Bellocchi told investigators that Brennan was an associate of Gaeton Lucibello and had attended at least one meeting in 1993 where the Stanfa faction discussed attempts to murder the Merlino faction (this appears to be before Lucibello joined the Merlino faction)

I haven't come across anything in my research identifying Merlino as being a direct participant in the murder. He had only just got out of prison when it occurred; the same period where Merlino inducted Ralph Natale and installed him as boss.

Here's what I have on pieces of work that Merlino was alleged to have personally participated in:

1989 - attempted murder of Nicodemo Scarfo Jr
(Merlino served as shooter)

1993 - attempted murder of Joseph Ciancaglini Jr
(Merlino served as a driver)

1993 - shooting of Joseph Stanfa/ attempted murders of John Stanfa, his son, and Fred Aldrich

1996 - attempted murder of Anthony Milicia

From the above list, Merlino was only alleged to have pulled the trigger in the Scarfo Jr attempt. The Milicia hit was the only one that was sanctioned by the then-leadership of the family, with Merlino also being the official underboss at the time of his involvement.

As far as I can tell, Merlino never did any work for Stanfa prior to getting his button in September 1992. Stanfa made him and Michael Ciancaglini to try and keep them close so they'd be easier to murder.

He has, of course, also been identified as a conspirator in several other murders.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Really went above and beyond with this answer, Chin. Thanks a lot!
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

Ivan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:05 pm Really went above and beyond with this answer, Chin. Thanks a lot!
I saw the same post and was wondering if it held any weight.

Here's an article of his murder
Michael 'mikey ice' Brennan article.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:01 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:26 am Not sure where else to put this, but is there anything to the claim that Joey Merlino personally pulled the trigger in the Mikey Ice Brennan hit? People on another site are claiming that. He made his bones by taking part in an earlier hit under Stanfa right? What hit was that? Also why was Mikey Ice killed?
This is what I have in my notes based on Philadelphia Inquirer articles by George Anastasia from the 1990s:

- Michael Brennan was found murdered 6 December 1994 by a walker in a wooded area in Cramer Hill, Camden
- Brennan was shot in the neck, chest, and side, and wrapped in a white sheet
- Brennan was described as a hanger-on and a wannabe
- Brennan and Vincent Iannece were arrested in November 1994 after getting into a brawl with another man in a bar in Philadelphia
- Brennan and Iannece were released on $2,500 bail
- Some law enforcement sources said Brennan and Iannece were “underlings” of Merlino
- Investigators were looking into claims that Brennan was dating the sister of a “high-ranking member of the Merlino family”
- Rosario Bellocchi told investigators that Brennan was an associate of Gaeton Lucibello and had attended at least one meeting in 1993 where the Stanfa faction discussed attempts to murder the Merlino faction (this appears to be before Lucibello joined the Merlino faction)

I haven't come across anything in my research identifying Merlino as being a direct participant in the murder. He had only just got out of prison when it occurred; the same period where Merlino inducted Ralph Natale and installed him as boss.

Here's what I have on pieces of work that Merlino was alleged to have personally participated in:

1989 - attempted murder of Nicodemo Scarfo Jr
(Merlino served as shooter)

1993 - attempted murder of Joseph Ciancaglini Jr

1993 - shooting of Joseph Stanfa/ attempted murders of John Stanfa, his son, and Fred Aldrich

1996 - attempted murder of Anthony Milicia

From the above list, Merlino was only alleged to have pulled the trigger in the Scarfo Jr attempt. The Milicia hit was the only one that was sanctioned by the then-leadership of the family, with Merlino also being the official underboss at the time of his involvement.

As far as I can tell, Merlino never did any work for Stanfa prior to getting his button in September 1992. Stanfa made him and Michael Ciancaglini to try and keep them close so they'd be easier to murder.

He has, of course, also been identified as a conspirator in several other murders.
Great post, very informative!
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

The blue chew advertisement they read in the latest episode is hilarious.. Merlino is in an ad for dick pills saying you will walk around like a flagpole.. never thought I’d see the day
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

moneyman wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:34 pm The blue chew advertisement they read in the latest episode is hilarious.. Merlino is in an ad for dick pills saying you will walk around like a flagpole.. never thought I’d see the day
They advertised that a lot on Talking Sopranos, too.