Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:38 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:05 pm
InCamelot wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:46 am
Awesome thread guys. Question: Who was were the Marcello descendants and who was the Genovese soldier?

And re this whole thread: If Solly D isn't 100% "out", can we really confirm that Andriacchi is? How do we know Jimmy I is definitely in? And finally, what is making us think Toots Caruso is even semi-retired? (Not skeptical just trying to figure out the logic).
The Genovese guy in question was Lou Auricchio, who was in a photo with Mickey Marcello's kid Sam (IIRC) in the TAO nightclub in River North a couple years back (check the Genovese Mugshots thread, if you have access to it). Auricchio was in the process of moving to Chicago, apparently, before he died of Covid last year. This was supposedly because he hooked up with some Chicago chick, but the fact that he was socializing with an Outfit relative certainly raises some questions. Given Pudgy Matassa's family connections to a Genovese member, there is still presumably some basis for made guys from Chicago and the Genovese to be introduced to each other, if the need or desire ever arises (not that I have any reason to suspect that the Marcello kid is even really involved let alone made, just that there always may be some context or other story lurking in the background).

Regarding your second comment, Frank already responded. But virtually all that we have to work with today are best guesses and hypotheses. Scott B has of course been putting out claims about current Chicago stuff for years. While these also, obviously, reflect his own opinions and best guesses, Scott does have contacts both in local and Federal LE as well as Outfit circles, so for me, they should be an important part of the conversation at the very least. Scott has claimed that local sources claim that Vena, Inendino, and Caruso are the guys actually in charge of running the ship. "Involvement" is really a concept that has to be unpacked. Solly, I'm sure, is not "involved" in the sense that he is meeting with guys (apart from perhaps a liasion or two between him and the capos/active leaders) or directing operations, but my guess is that he retains a title (whether that is "boss" or the Accardo-style semi-retired senior statesmen, etc., role), and may be receiving some money from somewhere down the line. I don't think anyone really knows what Joey A's place has been for these last years. I believe that the inference that he is "out" of the picture may be due to the significant health challenges he's dealt with. Solly is old, but obviously still very active and energetic in his business and social life.

I'd add also that much of the thinking in this thread has been developed over the course of various threads and arguments over the years, so not all of the assumptions will be explicit. I always like to see new perspectives chiming in, so I would encourage you to push back if you see what seems to be an unreasonable or unsupported claim, as well as to put in your own contentions or hypotheses.
Can someone post that picture of Mickey Marcellos kid with the Genovese guy?

Another possibility is that Chicago got permission to transfer some Genovese guys out here to help fill the youth gap that the Outfit allegedly has. Remember about 15 years ago they had some Bonanno guys running Arnie’s in Harvey? That place was more than just a strip club. It was a straight up whore house. I would love to get the inside scoop on how they ended up out here
Don't forget, Outfit's ties to the five families have always been closest to the West Side.

http://imgur.com/a/DNMWXr6
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:38 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:05 pm
InCamelot wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:46 am
Awesome thread guys. Question: Who was were the Marcello descendants and who was the Genovese soldier?

And re this whole thread: If Solly D isn't 100% "out", can we really confirm that Andriacchi is? How do we know Jimmy I is definitely in? And finally, what is making us think Toots Caruso is even semi-retired? (Not skeptical just trying to figure out the logic).
The Genovese guy in question was Lou Auricchio, who was in a photo with Mickey Marcello's kid Sam (IIRC) in the TAO nightclub in River North a couple years back (check the Genovese Mugshots thread, if you have access to it). Auricchio was in the process of moving to Chicago, apparently, before he died of Covid last year. This was supposedly because he hooked up with some Chicago chick, but the fact that he was socializing with an Outfit relative certainly raises some questions. Given Pudgy Matassa's family connections to a Genovese member, there is still presumably some basis for made guys from Chicago and the Genovese to be introduced to each other, if the need or desire ever arises (not that I have any reason to suspect that the Marcello kid is even really involved let alone made, just that there always may be some context or other story lurking in the background).

Regarding your second comment, Frank already responded. But virtually all that we have to work with today are best guesses and hypotheses. Scott B has of course been putting out claims about current Chicago stuff for years. While these also, obviously, reflect his own opinions and best guesses, Scott does have contacts both in local and Federal LE as well as Outfit circles, so for me, they should be an important part of the conversation at the very least. Scott has claimed that local sources claim that Vena, Inendino, and Caruso are the guys actually in charge of running the ship. "Involvement" is really a concept that has to be unpacked. Solly, I'm sure, is not "involved" in the sense that he is meeting with guys (apart from perhaps a liasion or two between him and the capos/active leaders) or directing operations, but my guess is that he retains a title (whether that is "boss" or the Accardo-style semi-retired senior statesmen, etc., role), and may be receiving some money from somewhere down the line. I don't think anyone really knows what Joey A's place has been for these last years. I believe that the inference that he is "out" of the picture may be due to the significant health challenges he's dealt with. Solly is old, but obviously still very active and energetic in his business and social life.

I'd add also that much of the thinking in this thread has been developed over the course of various threads and arguments over the years, so not all of the assumptions will be explicit. I always like to see new perspectives chiming in, so I would encourage you to push back if you see what seems to be an unreasonable or unsupported claim, as well as to put in your own contentions or hypotheses.
Remember about 15 years ago they had some Bonanno guys running Arnie’s in Harvey? That place was more than just a strip club. It was a straight up whore house. I would love to get the inside scoop on how they ended up out here
Elmo Amarante, who not only was a made Bonnano member but also indicted in the Old Bridge case. There has got to be an interesting story hidden in that whole strip club thing given who Amarante was and the fact that he came out to Chicago. If Amarante was dealing with any made guys from Chicago, presumably he would have had to have someone to introduce them, so that is something to consider. Given the Old Bridge thing, I’d imagine that Elmo had plenty of connections, but who knows what the link to Chicago may have been. I would suspect that Florida may have been an ideal venue for making these links, as this was long a lynchpin for the national LCN and probably the only means, after Vegas went downhill, for made guys from the East Coast and Midwest families to move in the same spaces and meet each other.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Don’t forget, remember Lombardo was complaining to Pat Spilotro about NYC wiseguys moving in on Chicago. Most people just thought he was blowing smoke but who knows. Florida could be where the links were created. I personally would go with prison. Solly D was supposedly close to some NYC guys
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Let’s assume there is still an organized money making operation going on here. Based on everything we have learned about the outfit over the years through countless FBI files, if guys like Andriacchi and Delaurentis are still above ground, they are 100% getting some kind of tribute.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:12 pm Let’s assume there is still an organized money making operation going on here. Based on everything we have learned about the outfit over the years through countless FBI files, if guys like Andriacchi and Delaurentis are still above ground, they are 100% getting some kind of tribute.
Not assume, there is. Wasn't the recent bookmaker indictment state that he puts money on Sarnos books in fed lock up?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:13 pm
Coloboy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:12 pm Let’s assume there is still an organized money making operation going on here. Based on everything we have learned about the outfit over the years through countless FBI files, if guys like Andriacchi and Delaurentis are still above ground, they are 100% getting some kind of tribute.
Not assume, there is. Wasn't the recent bookmaker indictment state that he puts money on Sarnos books in fed lock up?
Yep, there’s a “there” there, that much seems clear, which is also why the Feds have never removed Chicago as an extant LCN family. My opinion aligns with Coloboy here, though we just have so little to go off for specifics of both operational and organizational questions.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:07 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:13 pm
Yep, there’s a “there” there, that much seems clear, which is also why the Feds have never removed Chicago as an extant LCN family. My opinion aligns with Coloboy here, though we just have so little to go off for specifics of both operational and organizational questions.
I agree we have such little detail(s). But just because fhe feds have not put put a PowerPoint presentation and a poster board on a easel at a press conference does mean it does not exist. If the feds say in an indictment that he's paying someone in lock up then that's not where it ends. There's ppl higher than Sarno. It can't be Sarno and him and thats it. Nobody has flipped in Chicago since family secrets. Am I right? That Calabrese guy died in jail a few others died naturally at home.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Gino Cassano indicted yesterday on extortion charges.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/cri ... story.html
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:38 am Gino Cassano indicted yesterday on extortion charges.

Great find Funk. I’ve always heard that the Cassano Bros were some rough guys, looks like “white collar” EP has no problem throwing a guy a beating over a juice loan still lol.

Not sure about Gino, but I believe that Angelo and Vito “Pops” Cassano at least were born in Bari. Worth noting that there were/are Cassano members of the SCU in Bari (e.g., the Diomede clan in Modugno, the Conte-Cassano clan in Bitonto), not that I know of a specific close connection. Given his surname and the Italian given name, I think it’s pretty likely that the Gioacchino Galione named here is from Sicily, probably Agrigento if I had to guess (the Galione surname is strongly concentrated around Casteltermini, Agrigento). Galione is a younger guy, on top of that. Seems like the Addison “zips” might still be an active thing.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:45 pm
funkster wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:38 am Gino Cassano indicted yesterday on extortion charges.

Great find Funk. I’ve always heard that the Cassano Bros were some rough guys, looks like “white collar” EP has no problem throwing a guy a beating over a juice loan still lol.

Not sure about Gino, but I believe that Angelo and Vito “Pops” Cassano at least were born in Bari. Worth noting that there were/are Cassano members of the SCU in Bari (e.g., the Diomede clan in Modugno, the Conte-Cassano clan in Bitonto), not that I know of a specific close connection. Given his surname and the Italian given name, I think it’s pretty likely that the Gioacchino Galione named here is from Sicily, probably Agrigento if I had to guess (the Galione surname is strongly concentrated around Casteltermini, Agrigento). Galione is a younger guy, on top of that. Seems like the Addison “zips” might still be an active thing.
Was going to say, has anyone heard of this Galione guy?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:01 pm

I have not personally heard of this Galione but wasn’t there a Galione in the Chinatown crew? I will have to do some research to confirm. And if it is confirmed, then like Tony said he is most likely Sicilian.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Good to get info on another guy we didn't know about.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:20 pm Update on Magnafichi:

https://www.americannewspost.com/joseph ... nsultancy/
I saw that. I wonder about this alleged fencing operation he worked for. I sent Fosco a message asking if this operation paid tribute to the Outfit. He has not responded yet. Funny how he’s saying he’s legit. I have heard from some sources that he his back to bookmaking. Who knows if that is true
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:16 pm
funkster wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:01 pm

I have not personally heard of this Galione but wasn’t there a Galione in the Chinatown crew? I will have to do some research to confirm. And if it is confirmed, then like Tony said he is most likely Sicilian.
Carl Galione was an associate of Ronnie Jarrett and owned a company in the Hired Truck Program.