Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Moscone65 »

Too many different groups. Maybe after some time, some will come together under a common leader. Especially when new leadership comes about and if there are intermarriage.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

This Giuseppe Focarazzo seems to have come out of nowhere. Any history on this individual, connections, affiliations, etc?

Imo there is still evidence of cohesion or even an actual organization if someone is recognised as a 'street boss' (Davide Barberio).

This thing of different clans is nothing new either. The Montreal Mafia always comprised of all these different groups/crews that were ultimately connected to a made member. Lee Lamothe once described this organizational structure in great detail on the RD forum (I believe I still have this information in my files). The only thing that has changed is that the Rizzuto family is no longer at the center of power and that there are a bunch of new names who have supplanted the old "clan" leaders.

I'm a little dissappointed that even journalists such as Renaud are solely focussing on the local structure and ignore the American connection that is still there. I would love to know how much influence the Bonannos still have or no longer have and Renaud is in a position to know this.

If there are still clan leaders and even someone recognised as a street boss it seems that there is still a structure in place with some sort of a hierarchy. It is not to be ruled out that the old Bonanno crew may have been reorganized and that these are new inductees and that Focarazzo or Barberio can be the new capo or acting capo. I understand that this may sound ridiculous to some, but let's not forget how people looked at Montreal a decade ago thinking the Bonannos no longer had any pull there whatsover. Now we know the influence Montagna had and that he was recognised and entitled to supplant the Rizzutos. His murder didn't seem to have changed much of the order of things as the Bonannos are still active across the border as has been evidently shown in recent years.

It is time for all these experts to set this matter straight once and for all and stop looking through their 'pre-Apalachin lens'.
Surely if they are privy to know who the new leaders are they should be privy to interaction between individuals on both sides of the border, and know how strong or weak this connection still is. If LE is able to have an "agent" inducted into the Bonannos in Canada, it means that the interaction between these groups in Canada is not so much a mystery anymore.

On a side note it's intriguing and suprising to learn that Andrew Scoppa, who only a few years ago was described as a possible successor to Rizzuto, has fallen out of grace. This may be an indication that he indeed had a role in the latest conflict that claimed the lives of old Rizzuto allies. Also interesting to know Rizzuto's old group despite all these setbacks still isn't in shatters and has even been able to stay relatively strong although remaining a low profile.

Mirarchi still looking over his shoulder and described as a 'ghost' is telling. He too was described as a possible new godfather of the Montreal Mafia, but according to mob protocol he is supposed to answer for his participation in killing a former New York mob boss.

kpjohnson
Associate

Post by kpjohnson »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:34 am The more I look at Montreal, Toronto, Calabria, Naples, and Sicily, I really believe this is the Age Of the Clans....
I agree with you Cabrini but its even worse than that. If you haven't already noticed the world is coming to an end. So while everyone is preoccupied with running around and trying to figure out, Where should I go?, What should I do?, Where should I be? and Who should I be with?; as well as worrying about the right to bears arms and fear of loosing it. I am a staunch advocate that everyone should begin learning yoga immediately and become as proficient in it as possible. This way when that dreaded fateful day arrives we will all be flexible enough to be able to bend over and kiss our asses goodbye.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

“The Mafia of Montreal has a few small cells that we hear less about, but are very present.
Including the Agostino-Albanese clan whose members have been targeted in a recent smuggling survey. According to our information, they paid a tax to the Violi (Ontario) clan, to which they were loyal at the time of the Calabrian rule in Montreal.”

Is the Violi (Ontario) clan the Violi-Luppino clan in Hamilton that is alleged to be a part of the Buffalo crime family?
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I would assume so
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

NickleCity wrote:“The Mafia of Montreal has a few small cells that we hear less about, but are very present.
Including the Agostino-Albanese clan whose members have been targeted in a recent smuggling survey. According to our information, they paid a tax to the Violi (Ontario) clan, to which they were loyal at the time of the Calabrian rule in Montreal.”

Is the Violi (Ontario) clan the Violi-Luppino clan in Hamilton that is alleged to be a part of the Buffalo crime family?
Obviously referring to them in present tense, but I don't know what is meant with 'loyal at the time of Calabrian rule' in that same context.

The translation is probably a bit off. I figure he means that members of this family used to be loyal to Vic Cotroni and Paolo Violi and in recent times are loyal to Violi's sons in Ontario.

I wonder however why a Montreal clan would pay a tax to the Violis in Hamilton who belong to Buffalo while Montreal is supposed to be Bonanno territory. It could be interpreted as additional evidence of a Violi-Bonanno alliance with the Violis having authorization to mingle in Montreal affairs.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

The Rizzutos arnt at the center of power anymore because there are more people with similar contacts/ capabilities today.... whereas before they had an exclusivity of contacts that made a relationship with them an absolute necessity. We see this SAME necessity now with relations with the Hells Angels. They have the contacts, as well well as the most robust street pressence...

When I was speaking of the " Age of the Clan", I'm not talking just Montreal, but Italian OC in general.

Naples is clans, Calabria is clans, the reorganization of Sicily is being driven by the most powerful clans historically, ( hell, the Colombos are basically a clan) , and the Gambinos are currently run by a clan.

Canada seems to be a large group of clans, Australia is clans, see where I'm going?

Take this passage from Calderones book... page 65..

" I noticed Pippo. He was upset. He wanted to call the ceremony off because there was an extra person to initiate who had not been agreed upon....

" The extra person was Natale Ercolano, a boy who later turned out to be the best of us. But my brother and Uncle wernt objecting simply because Ercolano hadn't been expected...."

"They didnt want him above all, because he was a Cavadduzzi: the two Santopaola brothers, Franco Ferrera, and Natale Ercolano."

" They were all closely related, the Cavadduzzi, a real clan- a very dangerous thing to have inside a family like ours. My brother and Uncle were looking at the long term and thinking: " These Cavadduzzi are bringing four of their men into the family at once. Young people, clever and determined, like Nitto Santapaola. They are a menace to the future because they will end up laying down the law.... we will be overwhelmed.."

These people are STILL IN POWER TODAY! One of the mafias most powerful groups.

ON the BONANNOS:

I thought he DID mention the Bonnanos, he just didnt SAY Bonnano. He specifically mentioned the Arcuris, and the Cotroni crew, as well as Gallos crew, which was part of Violis old crew. THOSE would be the Bonnano guys, No? He said they are pretty much finished....

The Violis were making introductions to the Cotronis, at the same time they were Bonnano friendly. Showing up at their ceremonies, and what not.

Now, my take on the Violis being at the ceremony, as well Zummos presence was that they were looking to REBUILD the Canadian crew, possibly under the leadership of Joe Violi, or maybe all the Canada guys would have been technically under Zummo, like Sciascia was technically the " Head of the Canadian crew". Also, I saw Zummo wanting a formalized relationship with the Violis, prolific narcotics guys, as they were in the same business.....

As far as why this Agostino- Albanese clan would pay the Violis a tax? I feel like, again you are focusing on the wrong things. ONE, COUNT IT, ONE WORD STOOD OUT TO ME... SMUGGLING!!!!

If they utilized the Violis South American contacts, to organized a load they then smuggled in themselves, then they still would be obligated to pay them a tax, like I'm SURE the Ursinos paid to the Gambinos for using their contacts.

Victor, the Calabrian, he seems like he will be fine. Not that ANYONE up there is untouchable, but I cant see anyone looking to avenge Montagna. From New York? Cant see it.... and there doesnt seem to be enough of a Bonnano crew up there to threaten him.....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Also, if Barberio is street boss for the Rizzutos, a relationship with Mirarchi would be...... Interesting.... No?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Now I see WHY the Arcuris packed up and left, and why the coffee shops were sold.....

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... estree.php

This is very Cartel like in my opinion.....they do kidnappings, hostages...

Not saying this is Mexicans, more like the criminal values have changed...
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

It’s getting crazier and crazier in Canada something big is going to happen soon
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

So she's kidnapped and kidnapped. Not even one, but a double kidnap. Doesn't look good.

Edit: so she escaped a double kidnap, at 70 years old. Impressive.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Wow, even in Montreal kindapped the ex-wife of a mobster is still not usual. There was shooting in front of the former Gallo stripclub last month, is it connected to your opinion?
Otherwise I did not know that the Arcuris had left Montreal.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

I haven't read the Arcuris have anything to do with this. Not sure where this comes from.

To come back to the Bonanno question. Renaud has never specifically stated any of these guys were Bonanno members. That it just my own and others opinion based on, again my own opinion, common sense.

It's impossible to know at this point whether the crew has disolved or whether others have replaced them. There is no information available to us concerning this.

If we had a forum in the 60s or 70s we probably didn't even know the Cotronis were Bonanno members and just presumed like anybody else that they were their own family. Today we are doing the same with the current people on the street.

What was started by The Sixth Family still lives on.

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:09 am I haven't read the Arcuris have anything to do with this. Not sure where this comes from.

To come back to the Bonanno question. Renaud has never specifically stated any of these guys were Bonanno members. That it just my own and others opinion based on, again my own opinion, common sense.

It's impossible to know at this point whether the crew has disolved or whether others have replaced them. There is no information available to us concerning this.

If we had a forum in the 60s or 70s we probably didn't even know the Cotronis were Bonanno members and just presumed like anybody else that they were their own family. Today we are doing the same with the current people on the street.

The point was that the Arcuris sold their Gelato shop, and it was said that Gallos people sold some coffee shop or something... Most likely because there was either threats of violence or extortion attempts. lol, Why would you think, that I said the ARCURIS were behind the KIDNAPPING?

No I was saying the Arcuris might have sold the Gelato shop to avoid an extortion attempt....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:09 am I haven't read the Arcuris have anything to do with this. Not sure where this comes from.

Are you saying, its NEVER been confirmed that Gallo or the Arcuris were made Bonnanos?

Then why do people insist they MUST be?