Joey Merlino is back in town

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Joey Merlino is back in town

Post by Cheech »

its gossip and sensationalism like us weekly. of course its plausible most gossip is. who is going to substantiate it?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:34 am Probably easiest way for NY to deal with it is ostracize the whole Philly borgata until Joey steps down or his people force him out.
More a symbolic gesture I would guess. It's not like the families share huge union projects that are now getting shelved.
Where would the crossover business wise even be.
A few random soldiers share books or loan?

Only thing I see is Patsy doesn't invite him back for his Christmas party this year.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Cheech wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:42 am who is going to substantiate it?
Barney's new podcast will.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:51 am More a symbolic gesture I would guess. It's not like the families share huge union projects that are now getting shelved.
Where would the crossover business wise even be.
A few random soldiers share books or loan?

Only thing I see is Patsy doesn't invite him back for his Christmas party this year.
It doesn't seem like this will hurt Philly business wise in any considerable way but I think you underestimate the social side of the life. If it's true Philly guys won't be able to sitdown with Gambino/Genovese guys or reach out for help and things like that, not being invited for dinners is the least of it but still carries weight and we know that there is still plenty of crossover between the Philly and NY families. The mafia is a network and if Scott is correct Philly just got cutoff from the most important branches of it.

Bottom line is Merlino is an embarrassment and it was only a matter of time before NY reacted somehow. As far as who's going to substantiate this we all know the answer is no one! At most we could hope for is Pennisi to say he's heard something similar but as per usual it might take years for us to find out this actually happened if it did at all.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Nadu's response to Burnstein's claims.

https://www.youtube.com/live/fcn2twbk9B ... nQnLQ-eFyo
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Want to give a summary of that so we don't need to sit through 40+ minutes of Nadu
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:18 pm Want to give a summary of that so we don't need to sit through 40+ minutes of Nadu
Basically says that he's full of it and that even if Barney has an issue with Merlino, there's nothing he can do about it.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Breaking news, mafia bosses don't approve of another boss doing a podcast
Honk
Straightened out

Post by Honk »

I’d trust what Scott says 5000000 times over what Nadu says.
Honk
Straightened out

Post by Honk »

Nadu has ZERO sources other than rats. The guy acts like he’s been a journalist for 40 years and has sources everywhere. He’s a clown.
Stopflexing
Straightened out

Post by Stopflexing »

I refuse to give Nadu a view.

I don’t mind Scott but who the hell is telling him Barney disapproves and it’s not like anyone can dispute it.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Scott posting Westside Admin with Pagano as Street boss.
Guy doesnt even mention Ragusa in the vid though.

Cant be bothered posting link, its just not worth watching.

Im hoping info comes out from a rep source about this so we can either put Scott to bed or give dues.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

I watched Nadu's video and idk why he was so worked up over what Scott reported. It's pretty believable to assume Barney and Lorenzo are upset and ordered their members to cease business with Philly. Pennisi said that after the Bonanno Lucchese beef at the social club the Lucchese's were told by the admin to not do any more business with the Bonanno's unless you have the upper hand in the deal.

And then Nadu said him and Scott disagree on Scott thinking these families are still "really active", and then he goes and says Barney has more things to worry about, then proceeds to list all the Genovese members that have been pinched over the last couple years which completely contradicts his opinion of them not being very active. I think Nadu's proximity to Philly and his thought that the mob is basically dead trickles into his beliefs on what's going on in NY even though it's obvious it's the opposite of dead.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Didn't barstool give Nadu his start? I think that's the extent of his credentials. I am in no way believing Nadu over SB.
He is in between normal height and a midget. If I try and watch one of his videos it takes me about 30 minutes to get adjusted to what just appeared on my screen...
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

If what SB says is true and the Genovese have said to stop all business with them it is like they are treating Joey as a rat. The thing he campaigns about on his channel is how is he perceived by the other family's and as a result is treated as one. He is out there airing mafia business to the world, that is the very definition of a rat in that life. Old news or not you are not supposed to talk about it let alone on a fucken youtube channel.

It is crazy to think what Joey is getting out of this to burn those bridges for not just himself but the rest of the family. Hope for his sake is isn't true or Philly might be breaking the no kill streak. Fuck knows they are good at it.