General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:16 am
Ivan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:53 pm DeLaurentis family charity foundation. I'm told this is Solly D's daughter in law.

https://www.sollysway.org/about
Correct.
I'm glad they're doing the Todaro clan thing and using their powers for good, it's a lovely Italian-American assimilation saga, but, that said, the name "Solly's Way" is hilarious on several different levels. Imagining something like "help us get these kids scholarships or your are trunk music my friend."

Speaking of weird Solly D quotes, anyone know where I can find the full version of that bizarre Solly D interview where he rambles about being an "outfit of painters" or whatever the fuck? I can't find it.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ivan wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:05 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:16 am
Ivan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:53 pm DeLaurentis family charity foundation. I'm told this is Solly D's daughter in law.

https://www.sollysway.org/about
Correct.
I'm glad they're doing the Todaro clan thing and using their powers for good, it's a lovely Italian-American assimilation saga, but, that said, the name "Solly's Way" is hilarious on several different levels. Imagining something like "help us get these kids scholarships or your are trunk music my friend."

Speaking of weird Solly D quotes, anyone know where I can find the full version of that bizarre Solly D interview where he rambles about being an "outfit of painters" or whatever the fuck? I can't find it.
Cropped all to hell, but I think this is the one you're referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgAE66Ej5q0

I always wondered if he pissed people off doing this interview
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Snakes wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:14 pm Cropped all to hell, but I think this is the one you're referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgAE66Ej5q0
Yeah I've seen the short bits of it like that, but thanks. (I've always seen a brief clip where he says "Outfit of painters" line.) I was just wondering if the complete version was available anywhere.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Random, but has anyone ever heard of a Daniel Corrado or any connections? Sounds like he was big in construction, a friend of mine bought a massive house of his in Bartlett out on a golf course with old Capone connections. She has heard rumors about him and said the house was wired to the teeth for security systems. Told her it was similar to what i noticed about the house that Christy Spina sold to a guy i know. Probably nothing, but curious none the less.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:33 pm Random, but has anyone ever heard of a Daniel Corrado or any connections? Sounds like he was big in construction, a friend of mine bought a massive house of his in Bartlett out on a golf course with old Capone connections. She has heard rumors about him and said the house was wired to the teeth for security systems. Told her it was similar to what i noticed about the house that Christy Spina sold to a guy i know. Probably nothing, but curious none the less.
Looks like the guy is loaded and has had numerous properties in Barrington Hills, Bartlett, and the Loop. Never heard of him myself, but we all know that people do like to spread rumors that any Italian guy who is big time is connected.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Lol I'm sure.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Wasn't there a Corrado out of Detroit who was arrested while living in the Chicago suburbs? Probably unrelated to Funkster's question but I've read that and made me wonder what was going on there. I believe this was 2007 timeframe?
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:48 pm Wasn't there a Corrado out of Detroit who was arrested while living in the Chicago suburbs? Probably unrelated to Funkster's question but I've read that and made me wonder what was going on there. I believe this was 2007 timeframe?
Dominic "Chicago Dom" Corrado, who last I knew was living in Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

hmm...wonder if he is a relative of the guy i was asking about..
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:55 am hmm...wonder if he is a relative of the guy i was asking about..
No relation. Dom Corrado is one of the Detroit Corrados, who trace their ancestry back to Terrasini in Palermo province. Dom Corrado lives in Chicagoland, however, because he married one of Sam Syracuse’s daughters, Gina.

Danny Corrado’s family weren’t Sicilian; they were a Grand Ave family with ancestry from Muro Lucano, Potenza (Cerone-town) and Caulonia, Reggio Calabria. Danny’s grandfather, Phillip Corrado, owned Villa Olivia Country Club in Bartlett and died in 1972.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Oh nice didnt realize you found out the background.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:40 pm Oh nice didnt realize you found out the background.
Wouldn't be surprised if the grandfather at least had some connection in some way to the Cerones, given that they were paesani and from the same neighborhood. Jack Cerone also had real estate development interests in the Western Burbs, though I didn't see Phillip Corrado's name connected to any of that.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Chicago dom...how original
Waingro
Straightened out

Post by Waingro »

Does anybody know if Hugh Hefner was ever extorted by the Outfit in the early days of Playboy or if there was any investment into it or involvement by anyone?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Waingro wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:27 pm Does anybody know if Hugh Hefner was ever extorted by the Outfit in the early days of Playboy or if there was any investment into it or involvement by anyone?
The story was that Ross Prio had a piece of the original Playboy Club in Chicago, which was in the heavily mobbed up Rush St nightlife district on the Near Northside. Not sure if it exactly amounted to Hefner being extorted per se, rather than just knowing that he had to cut certain people in, etc., in order to operate a business like that.

Chicago restaurateur and FBI CI Bernie Liebling claimed that Hefner was a “front” for Prio, so my understanding is that they were partnered (as noted in Ed Valin’s piece on Liebling here: https://mafiahistory.us/rattrap/infliebling.html). If you search here on the forum you’ll find some older posts that discuss this as well.