Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Newyorkempire »

thesociety 89 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:33 pm And if he was involved in any of this, they'd be all over him
No one said it is linked to Todaro nor does it need too be for it to be mafia related. Hes insulated many times over and is not involved in every piece of every pie. Similar to every other family that exists modern day
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Great write up here. Always rumored to be a mob hangout. Italian owned and described as the "sin city" of Central NY. A stone's throw from Fulton, NY where Maggadino captain Anthony Destefano lived/operated out of. Huge celebrities use to come here to perform.

https://www.syracuse.com/living/2022/05 ... utType=amp
thesociety 89
Straightened out

Post by thesociety 89 »

I do believe the buffalo LCN is active, but they must be so low key it must be ridiculous....I doubt we're gona see anything like that recent westside bust with a capo etc.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Metro Vancouver murder victim had links to organized crime in two provinces

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/met ... -provinces
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Here is some information on Attorney Angelo Musitano listed in the Pat Musitano Connections to the Todaro Crime Family Chart Paul Manning uploaded to this forum a few years ago:

I believe Angelo Musitano was connected to Bruno Bartolameo (last name is phonetic according to document) in an “investment business” and that Bruno Bartolameo is actually Bruno Bartolomei a Niagara Falls lawyer and developer. The “investment business” the two shared was laundering gambling profits for Sonny Nicoletti and Sonny Mauro by investing in Niagara Falls real estate. Angelo’s law parter John Mattio at his firm on Pine Ave was likely connected to Bruno and part of the money laundering operation.

Bruno had two brothers Leo and John - both of whom have been tied to the mob in Buffalo. See https://buffalonews.com/news/u-s-probe- ... 00c6a.html

Bruno’s brother John Bartolomei is a Niagara Falls Developer accused of using mob money for his developments.
He [John] also complained that he has been a lifelong victim of people who believe any successful Italian-American must be linked to the Mafia. He and Condon claimed the FBI would not be investigating him if he were not an Italian-American.

"The very first time I went to City Hall to discuss a development project, a city official -- I won't say who -- asked me: 'Is there any mob money in this project?' " Bartolomei said. "It's always been that way for me.”

"If his name was Butterworth, he wouldn't have these problems," Condon said.

Brothers shade image

[John] Bartolomei denies any mob involvement, but admits that his image has not been helped by the criminal difficulties of his two brothers.
Bruno’s brother Leo was allegedly killed as a result of his involvement in a mob related drug ring in 1959.
His oldest brother, Leo, disappeared in March 1959 and is believed to be the victim of a mob hit, according to police records. Police said Leo was a construction worker and muscle man for a drug ring and was killed during a series of gangland revenge slayings.
Here is the portion of the Buffalo News article about Bruno’s involvement with Mauro and Nicoletti
Bruno, was twice convicted by the Niagara County District Attorney's office on misdemeanor gambling charges, most recently in 1988. Investigators said both gambling operations were professional rings that paid a percentage of profits to organized crime.

Bruno, 48, lives in a Lewiston home owned by John Bartolomei and has been working for his brother as a construction supervisor at the Niagara Venture's tourist attractions. Four area police officials described Bruno as a longtime "associate" of Sonny Nicoletti, who is now under indictment on gambling charges and has been publicly identified by authorities as the mob's leader in Niagara County.
Angelo Musitano has been a prominent attorney in WDNY. He was denied reentry into the US by the Department of Homeland Security in February of 2015. See: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... 511a2.html

He defended Marty Pecoraro against drug trafficking charges related to the Sardina drug ring alleged to have ties to the Buffalo mafia. See: https://buffalonews.com/news/jurors-hea ... dcc18.html. See also: https://buffalonews.com/news/attorneys- ... 9cd8f.html

More importantly Attorney Angelo Musitano defended Vincent “Jimmy” Mingle in an extortion charge. See https://buffalonews.com/news/loan-shark ... 2b48b.html and quote from article below:
63-year-old Niagara Falls, Ont., man has been convicted of using extortion to collect a $35,000 loan-sharking debt.Assistant U.S. Attorney Anthony M. Bruce said Vincent "Jimmy" Mingle threatened an undercover Buffalo FBI agent who was acting as the borrower and another person who was posing as the borrower's friend.

In conversations taped by the FBI in 2002, Mingle threatened that organized-crime figures would come after the borrower if he didn't pay up, Bruce said.

Mingle, a Pinegrove Avenue resident, could face two to three years in prison under sentencing guidelines, authorities estimated. The jury trial was held before Senior U.S. District Judge John T. Elfvin.
Paul Manning tweeted the following police intelligence that ties Violi to Mingle. It was made available by Hollander on GBB. See screenshot below:

Mingle's criminal complaint and arrest were in June 2002. On twitter Manning indicates the Pat Musitano/Todaro Connection chart is from 2002. See: https://twitter.com/mobinfiltrator/stat ... JKl-D3Q1nA Given the information above, I can’t help but wonder if “Jimmy” Mingle may have been C.I. #1 mentioned above. Mingle passed in August of 2015. See: https://www.pattersonfuneralhome.com/obituary/6718583
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Son of murdered Hamilton mob boss gets to stay on parole

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2022/0 ... arole.html
thesociety 89
Straightened out

Post by thesociety 89 »

So were all the musitanos made guys in the buffalo fam
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

thesociety 89 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:29 am So were all the musitanos made guys in the buffalo fam
Being in Hamilton area it appears the Musitanos fell within the orbit of the Buffalo crime family since this family has historically had significant sway in that geographical area. There are different theories about the Musitano family it’s organizational affiliation and the “made” status of its members. Most recently Stephen Metelsky seems to have indicated Pat Musitano was made in the Buffalo LCN family after the Papalia hit. In my opinion this theory puts together pieces I’ve had a difficult time reconciling in other theories. For others it does the opposite.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Manning has also identified Pat and Pino as Buffalo members.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Safe to say Violi can make who he wants. Which would lead to assuming his brother and Carfagna (my opinion a high probability because he murdered a guy in NY way back and reportedly was always back and forth between countries). Adriano? Possible. Vaccaro and that whole crew relatively young and as members in the BuffaloNews a couple of times.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Metelsky said in his Mob Museum interview they had intel that Musitano left town for a period after the Papalia hit and they believed he went to Buffalo where he was made. A short time after he returned to Ontario they had LE stationed in a restaurant where they overheard Panepinto introducing Musitano and Avignone to Vito Rizzuto as "our friends from Hamilton", which they suspected was a member introduction.

A crucial detail in this is whether Rizzuto had already met Musitano and Avignone previously. If there's evidence they already knew each other before this, it would certainly be a member introduction. If it was their first time meeting it's more difficult to gauge but "our friends" is a literal translation of amici nostri, opposed to "my friends" which would imply they weren't members. Many sources have talked about this distinction during introductions and the meaning behind the words "our" and "my" are always referenced.

Paul Manning has said Pino Avignone was a member long before Musitano and says he's positive Avignone was a Buffalo capodecina circa mid-2000s. Don't know what intel he has but that's what he believes.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Musitano would have had a conviction by this time on his record, which would have barred him from entering the U.S. not saying he didnt somehow but it would have been difficult, could have it done illegally or maybe because of the more lax screenings in the 90s which made it possible
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I floated the idea that Gasbarrini may have been the capodecina in Ontario until his death since it seemingly coincided with new inductions/promotions in Ontario but if Manning has actual evidence Avignone was the captain it changes that assumption. I don't remember if Project Otremens indicated anything about when Luppino became the captain.

One thing that's interesting about Gasbarrini is his obit says he spent winters in Florida:

https://www.smithsfh.com/memorials/Gasb ... ituary.php

Depending on when the photos are from on the above link he looked to be in great health for his age.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

B. wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:37 pm I floated the idea that Gasbarrini may have been the capodecina in Ontario until his death since it seemingly coincided with new inductions/promotions in Ontario but if Manning has actual evidence Avignone was the captain it changes that assumption. I don't remember if Project Otremens indicated anything about when Luppino became the captain.

One thing that's interesting about Gasbarrini is his obit says he spent winters in Florida:

https://www.smithsfh.com/memorials/Gasb ... ituary.php

Depending on when the photos are from on the above link he looked to be in great health for his age.
There could have been two captains at once. Split between Toronto and Hamilton/Niagara? Otremens didnt, but they have been shot callers for a long time within their own right with or without the official title given by Buffalo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Given they recently had both an underboss and a captain I wouldn't rule out two captains. We have to remember captains don't necessarily have their positions just to manage a significant crew (and sometimes have no crew) but there are other reasons. I don't want to get too far ahead, though, my thoughts on Gasbarrini just came from some reports of him gaining more authority after the Papalia murder and Manning's documents that reference younger Gasbarrini relatives being involved (a relative Sylvestro is on the list, who have a long history in Ontario). It was speculation on my part.

Wonder if Nickel or anyone knows where in Florida Gasbarrini had his winter home. Worth looking into given the Todaros have been handling Family admin from Florida for decades.