General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Patrickgold »

I will personally say that I don’t think he is viewed well. Roden even posted on Facebook that a player took his poster down from Alfano’s on Roosevelt. He blasted the guys picture on Facebook and said he took care of it later. Why would members of his own gang be disrespecting him like that? He’s also always saying there are a lot of haters out there and brags about his success which makes me believe he is not well liked on the street.

I will also personally say that I talked to a verified outfit connected player that told me he views him as a rat and a joke.

Word on the street about Taz that he is now being housed at a prison in Ohio bc he is now a government informant. The fact that he is in Ohio when he is imprisoned on a Illinois state charge tells me he is definitely a government snitch,
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Hey Ant, have you heard anything from your sources lately?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:56 pm I will personally say that I don’t think he is viewed well. Roden even posted on Facebook that a player took his poster down from Alfano’s on Roosevelt. He blasted the guys picture on Facebook and said he took care of it later. Why would members of his own gang be disrespecting him like that? He’s also always saying there are a lot of haters out there and brags about his success which makes me believe he is not well liked on the street.

I will also personally say that I talked to a verified outfit connected player that told me he views him as a rat and a joke.

Word on the street about Taz that he is now being housed at a prison in Ohio bc he is now a government informant. The fact that he is in Ohio when he is imprisoned on a Illinois state charge tells me he is definitely a government snitch,
Yeah, doesn’t sound like Roden is respected.

Good info on Taz. I had noted after posting that he was no longer in the IDOC locator, so that makes sense if he was transferred out of state. Wonder who he is informing on. Given that his kid got murked, I’d think that he may have become disaffected. My understanding is that he was a leader in the organization, so presumably he would know about ties to the outfit.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:24 am
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:56 pm I will personally say that I don’t think he is viewed well. Roden even posted on Facebook that a player took his poster down from Alfano’s on Roosevelt. He blasted the guys picture on Facebook and said he took care of it later. Why would members of his own gang be disrespecting him like that? He’s also always saying there are a lot of haters out there and brags about his success which makes me believe he is not well liked on the street.

Yeah, doesn’t sound like Roden is respected.

Good info on Taz. I had noted after posting that he was no longer in the IDOC locator, so that makes sense if he was transferred out of state. Wonder who he is informing on. Given that his kid got murked, I’d think that he may have become disaffected. My understanding is that he was a leader in the organization, so presumably he would know about ties to the outfit.
Yes. I also think like a lot of gang members who don’t grow out of it, he developed a hard core drug issue. His later arrests indicate this. This is the most recent picture I have seen of him. All tattooed up and barely recognize him
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Those are what we call the marks of a life long inmate lol
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:53 pm I’m not sure really how many of the younger members today are white/Italian. I haven’t been on the street in a long time but in my day, in the 90s, they were still known as a majority Italian group. They have had a lot of Mexican members for a long time though. Cicero today is almost 90% Latino, mostly Mexican.
Thanks Tony. I'm fascinated by the continued existence of white gangbangers in spite of assimilation and upward mobility. It's not surprising that there are still some in existence, as there were a lot in the 90s and the assimilation situation of Italian-Americans wasn't hugely different then from now, right?

Speaking of white gangbangers, what's the ethnic background of this Taz English fella? "English" is just about the most Anglo-Saxon name imaginable but it might be an Anglicization of something more "white ethnic."
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Ivan wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:01 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:53 pm I’m not sure really how many of the younger members today are white/Italian. I haven’t been on the street in a long time but in my day, in the 90s, they were still known as a majority Italian group. They have had a lot of Mexican members for a long time though. Cicero today is almost 90% Latino, mostly Mexican.
Thanks Tony. I'm fascinated by the continued existence of white gangbangers in spite of assimilation and upward mobility. It's not surprising that there are still some in existence, as there were a lot in the 90s and the assimilation situation of Italian-Americans wasn't hugely different then from now, right?

Speaking of white gangbangers, what's the ethnic background of this Taz English fella? "English" is just about the most Anglo-Saxon name imaginable but it might be an Anglicization of something more "white ethnic."
Irish I believe and that four leaf clover 🍀 tattoo on his face might verify this lol
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:40 pm Irish I believe and that four leaf clover 🍀 tattoo on his face might verify this lol
Didn't look at his later pic (posted my comment right after seeing the first pic with no tattoo) but yeah that tat is pretty suggestive of his probable hereitage haha. Thanks.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:53 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:40 pm Irish I believe and that four leaf clover 🍀 tattoo on his face might verify this lol
Didn't look at his later pic (posted my comment right after seeing the first pic with no tattoo) but yeah that tat is pretty suggestive of his probable hereitage haha. Thanks.
Yes, from what I understand he is Irish. Roden is also mainly Irish, from what I know, as he is only a fraction Italian. Cicero and Berwyn were historically mainly Italian and Central/Eastern Euro. But it’s Chicago so there’s always gonna be some Irish around.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

funkster wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:30 am Hey Ant, have you heard anything from your sources lately?
Every now and then, but nothing really new to add.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:40 pm
Ivan wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:01 pm

Irish I believe and that four leaf clover 🍀 tattoo on his face might verify this lol
Must be a protestant... :D
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Just finished reading Ray Flynn’s Confession of a Hitman. He worked for Buster Wortman in East St Louis. He claims him and Art Berne use to drive up to Chicago to meet with Jackie Cerone and Joey Aiuppa. The East Side Crew took orders from Chicago. Does anyone know if they fell under any capo or another Outfit crew or they answered directly to the bosses? I think the last guy that had anything organized down there was Tom Venezia. Was there any verified links between him and the Outfit?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:35 pm Just finished reading Ray Flynn’s Confession of a Hitman. He worked for Buster Wortman in East St Louis. He claims him and Art Berne use to drive up to Chicago to meet with Jackie Cerone and Joey Aiuppa. The East Side Crew took orders from Chicago. Does anyone know if they fell under any capo or another Outfit crew or they answered directly to the bosses? I think the last guy that had anything organized down there was Tom Venezia. Was there any verified links between him and the Outfit?
I remember seeing some docs on Mary Ferrell that suggested Wortman reported to Aiuppa. I'm out of town so can't access everything right now, but this Chicago Crime Commission report mentions their relationship:

https://books.google.com/books?id=JMMuA ... pa&f=false
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:50 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:35 pm Just finished reading Ray Flynn’s Confession of a Hitman. He worked for Buster Wortman in East St Louis. He claims him and Art Berne use to drive up to Chicago to meet with Jackie Cerone and Joey Aiuppa. The East Side Crew took orders from Chicago. Does anyone know if they fell under any capo or another Outfit crew or they answered directly to the bosses? I think the last guy that had anything organized down there was Tom Venezia. Was there any verified links between him and the Outfit?
I remember seeing some docs on Mary Ferrell that suggested Wortman reported to Aiuppa. I'm out of town so can't access everything right now, but this Chicago Crime Commission report mentions their relationship:

https://books.google.com/books?id=JMMuA ... pa&f=false
Thank you. It seems like Wortman worked directly for Aiuppa and even Art Berne, who took over after Wortman, continued to report directly to Aiuppa. Aiuppa was Cicero boss in the 1960s but it seems that even after he became boss, the East Side crew continued to report to him instead of the Cicero crew. Very interesting how the East Crew which was mostly Irish criminals, worked for the Outfit. Capone and Wortman were housed together in Alcatraz and that is where the connection started.

Art Berne died in 1996. Does anyone have any evidence that he continued to be involved in the rackets after his release from jail in the late 80s or early 90s?

Also, Does anyone have anything on Venezia? Who he came up under and who he reported to if he reported to anyone?
Cosmik_Debris
Honorary Member

Post by Cosmik_Debris »

I just recently joined this forum and have spent the last few weeks reading all the posts in this thread and trying to catch up. Some fascinating discussions throughout! I think I learned more reading this thread than all the books I've read on the Outfit combined, and that's pretty much all of them. Good work everyone! It's also nice not seeing some of the idiots that post on gangsterbb.net, which is refreshing.

Quick question: Can someone explain the pecking order between Ricca and Accardo? Also, was Ferriola ever the boss and was Marco D'Amico made?? Just kidding...

I'm from Springfield, IL and my family has been involved in Illinois politics for 4 generations. One of the things that got me interested in the Outfit was the connection between gangsters and politicians going back to the time of Hinky Dink and Bathhouse John (and probably earlier). I don't think it's been discussed much, but does anyone have any early history of Pat Marcy and John D'Arco?

Specifically, how did they end up as the Ward Committeeman/Alderman/Ward Secretary? I assume they started their Outfit careers in a crew, under a capo/made guy committing street crimes. Is there any information on their early criminal careers? How did these guys get put into the First Ward?

I think the definitive piece on the Outfit/Government corruption is Ovid Demaris "Captive City" but it doesn't really get into how these guys got their start and who they came up with.

Also, can anyone explain the connection from the Springfield, IL Zito Family to the Outfit? I assume they operated as their own independent family, but what was the connection to the Outfit, if any?