General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Tonyd621 »

"Agent Anderson's June affidavit provides information for other CIs as well, indicating that: CI-10, who provided information to tie Gene Cassano to the Outfit, has provided reliable, corroborated information to the FBI since approximately 1994, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance in 1988 and “received approximately $28,767 from the FBI” for his/her assistance, [74-1] at 37 & n.10; CI-7, who provided independently corroborated, reliable information linking John Matassa to the Outfit, has been cooperating with the government since approximately August of 2011, was previously charged with multiple extortion offenses and pled guilty to extortion, admitted to using illegal drugs (including marijuana and cocaine) throughout the course of his cooperation, and received approximately $7,543.17, as well as a reduced sentence, based upon his cooperation, id. at 38 & n.11; CI-6, who has reliably claimed to be personally acquainted with numerous top members of the Chicago Outfit and to have participated in major criminal activities, has been providing reliable, trustworthy information to the FBI concerning the Chicago Outfit for more than 30 years, which has led to the identification and conviction of Chicago Outfit members; he/she has felony convictions and has been paid approximately $100,261 for information he/she provided, id. at 38-39 & n.12; CI-8, who tied Anthony Dote to the Outfit's Elmwood Park crew's bookmaking activities and tied Marco Damico and his nephew Angelo Damico to Outfit-associated bookmaking operations, provided corroborated, reliable information to the FBI from approximately 2009 until approximately November of 2014, when the FBI closed him/her as a source; he/she has convictions for larceny, and burglary, id. at nn.21, 26. Agent Anderson's May affidavit also provides similar background information for CI-3, [74-3] at ¶ 25 & n.6; CI-4, id. at ¶ 26 & n.7; CI-5, id. at ¶ 27 & n.9; CI-6, id. at ¶ 28 & n.10; CI-7, id. at ¶ 30 & n.12; CI-8, id. at ¶ 31 & n.13. Defendant makes no challenge as to these other CIs, who all materially support the wire authorization..."

Who are these informants? Anyone more educated in all things Chicago want to take an educated guess?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:39 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:32 pm Did you guys go over this case yet of Michael frontier from March 2023
https://casetext.com/case/united-states-v-frontier-1
Yeah we discussed Frontier and related stuff back in May. As a matter of fact, you posted this same case file link at that time.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6658
Haha, my bad. I was going through it and forgot... I'm going to sleep. I'm shot.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:41 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:39 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:32 pm Did you guys go over this case yet of Michael frontier from March 2023
https://casetext.com/case/united-states-v-frontier-1
Yeah we discussed Frontier and related stuff back in May. As a matter of fact, you posted this same case file link at that time.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6658
Haha, my bad. I was going through it and forgot... I'm going to sleep. I'm shot.
Lol. We had some good discussion of it at the time. Just search “Frontier” in this thread to reread it.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:39 pm "Agent Anderson's June affidavit provides information for other CIs as well, indicating that: CI-10, who provided information to tie Gene Cassano to the Outfit, has provided reliable, corroborated information to the FBI since approximately 1994, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance in 1988 and “received approximately $28,767 from the FBI” for his/her assistance, [74-1] at 37 & n.10; CI-7, who provided independently corroborated, reliable information linking John Matassa to the Outfit, has been cooperating with the government since approximately August of 2011, was previously charged with multiple extortion offenses and pled guilty to extortion, admitted to using illegal drugs (including marijuana and cocaine) throughout the course of his cooperation, and received approximately $7,543.17, as well as a reduced sentence, based upon his cooperation, id. at 38 & n.11; CI-6, who has reliably claimed to be personally acquainted with numerous top members of the Chicago Outfit and to have participated in major criminal activities, has been providing reliable, trustworthy information to the FBI concerning the Chicago Outfit for more than 30 years, which has led to the identification and conviction of Chicago Outfit members; he/she has felony convictions and has been paid approximately $100,261 for information he/she provided, id. at 38-39 & n.12; CI-8, who tied Anthony Dote to the Outfit's Elmwood Park crew's bookmaking activities and tied Marco Damico and his nephew Angelo Damico to Outfit-associated bookmaking operations, provided corroborated, reliable information to the FBI from approximately 2009 until approximately November of 2014, when the FBI closed him/her as a source; he/she has convictions for larceny, and burglary, id. at nn.21, 26. Agent Anderson's May affidavit also provides similar background information for CI-3, [74-3] at ¶ 25 & n.6; CI-4, id. at ¶ 26 & n.7; CI-5, id. at ¶ 27 & n.9; CI-6, id. at ¶ 28 & n.10; CI-7, id. at ¶ 30 & n.12; CI-8, id. at ¶ 31 & n.13. Defendant makes no challenge as to these other CIs, who all materially support the wire authorization..."

Who are these informants? Anyone more educated in all things Chicago want to take an educated guess?
First name that came to mind when reading “ was previously charged with multiple extortion offenses and pled guilty to extortion, admitted to using illegal drugs (including marijuana and cocaine)” was it is Paulie C lol. But the timeline doesn’t really match up. Paulie is too young. I did thing it strange how Paulie only got 3 years for the federal extortion charge. But I don’t think he is a CI bc everyone ratted him out and I don’t think he was involved that high up.

Funny Gino Cassano is mentioned. He owns a gambling cafe by Forest Preserve Dr and Addison in Chicago. The place brings in a lot of money. Lots of people there and lots of machines. Of course I’m sure he supplies the place with his machines considering he owns the company that supplies the machines.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Found this interesting little tidbit in a file from Sal Piscopo in 1965. Piscopo told the FBI that Frank LaPorte was a close friend of Springfield, MA, Genovese member Frank Scibelli (Piscopo put Scibelli as a Patriarca member, but there was of course a lot of confusion about the affiliation of the Springfield group). Like LaPorte, Scibelli was often in CA, where he was reportedly engaged in gambling in Palm Springs (to the extent that LA boss Nick Licata was going to file a complaint to the Commission via Detroit in 1968 that guys belonging to out-of-town Families, like Rosselli and Scibelli, were operating in LA’s territory). Also worth noting that Scibelli’s captain in Springfield, Salvatore Cufari, was Calabrese, like LaPorte and Jimmy Emery, and it’s possible that there may have been some deeper ties.

"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:35 pm Found this interesting little tidbit in a file from Sal Piscopo in 1965. Piscopo told the FBI that Frank LaPorte was a close friend of Springfield, MA, Genovese member Frank Scibelli (Piscopo put Scibelli as a Patriarca member, but there was of course a lot of confusion about the affiliation of the Springfield group). Like LaPorte, Scibelli was often in CA, where he was reportedly engaged in gambling in Palm Springs (to the extent that LA boss Nick Licata was going to file a complaint to the Commission via Detroit in 1968 that guys belonging to out-of-town Families, like Rosselli and Scibelli, were operating in LA’s territory). Also worth noting that Scibelli’s captain in Springfield, Salvatore Cufari, was Calabrese, like LaPorte and Jimmy Emery, and it’s possible that there may have been some deeper ties.

I was reading that Roselli was actually a product of Boston's North End before he went to Chicago and was close to quite a few mafiosi in MA and RI.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Looks like Gigi is getting very chummy with Buffalo boss Joe Todaro. 2nd time I have seen them together. Very interesting. Looks like he’s at Martoranos in Ft Lauderdale. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Steve Martorano a Philly associate?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzXjEDVt ... VzM2hpdg==
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:15 am Looks like Gigi is getting very chummy with Buffalo boss Joe Todaro. 2nd time I have seen them together. Very interesting. Looks like he’s at Martoranos in Ft Lauderdale. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Steve Martorano a Philly associate?

who is Gigi...yes in ft lauderdale. i did not think he was an associate, no.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Cheech wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:24 am
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:15 am Looks like Gigi is getting very chummy with Buffalo boss Joe Todaro. 2nd time I have seen them together. Very interesting. Looks like he’s at Martoranos in Ft Lauderdale. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Steve Martorano a Philly associate?

Filippo "Gigi" Rovito. Owner of Capri Restaurant in Burr Ridge. Alleged associate of Chicago Outfit and possible member.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:28 am
Cheech wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:24 am

Filippo "Gigi" Rovito. Owner of Capri Restaurant in Burr Ridge. Alleged associate of Chicago Outfit and possible member.
Thanks. I know zero about chicago besides capone had a scar
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I dont follow Philly closely, is he related to Long John?
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

This guy seems like a Jonny Fratto type almost. A little mob background in Chicago, but seems to know a lot of guys around the country. What crew would he be with in the Outfit? Cicero given he was in the Carparelli indictment?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

funkster wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:16 pm I dont follow Philly closely, is he related to Long John?
Long John was his uncle
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:52 am
funkster wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:16 pm I dont follow Philly closely, is he related to Long John?
Long John was his uncle
Thanks. Interesting connections for Mr. Rovito. Lot more interactions amongst different groups coming out lately than we've seen in years.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Steve Martorano was close to Salvie Testa and has said it was Testa who told him not to get involved in the life. When Phil Testa got blown up Martorano went to the scene of the bombing right after it happened. Definitely a well-connected Philly guy whose cousin and uncle were in deep but not a true associate himself.