General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by funkster »

lol thanks for reminding me Tony, as I said...so much to keep track of with this stuff and not enough room in my brain.

'"And this is Marie..."
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:36 pm
NorthBuffalo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:59 am
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:23 pm
Ivan wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:08 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:14 pm We’ve gone over this quite a bit in the past and no new sources of evidence have surfaced since those prior discussions. Sometimes these Chicago discussions start to feel like Groundhog Day.
Hmm. Perhaps it might be a good idea for someone to make a Chicago FAQ? (I mean someone competent, not me. :lol: )

Could just compile the most common questions that keep coming up (literally frequently asked questions) and sticky them in the main forum. If someone asks one of the common questions you could just link the FAQ instead of having to type out the answer again (which, don't get me wrong, is appreciated).

Might save you guys work over time.
I agree. I feel some potentially good conversations get lost with the same questions over and over. For example this potential Russian Organized Crime shaking down massage parlors along with the Bobby Dominic and Weiss connection is fascinating and is getting lost with this consigliere question that comes up often.
Do you guys know any potential connections of this corrupt CPD officer John Adreani? His name is also surfacing on this thing. From my read of the Outfit, its often the sons and relatives of mob guys who get caught with corruption - like the Amabile grandson in Melrose Park who was taking bets as a cop.
Adreani is a grand ave guy. He was in the 13th district for years. Got fired from CPD for gambling. He knows all the grand ave guys and is probably aligned with them. An interesting note is that Cassano also owns a sweepstakes machine company.
@patrickgold...

You always seem to have a solid handle with stuff on the ground in Chicago. Grand Ave seems to be one of those areas where we don't have a lot of names outside of the obvious. We know a lot of the cicero guys, EP guys, and a handful of the chinatown guys. Do you have any insights for Grand outside of Vena, Spina, Paulie K, Bobby P. and his son, and apparently John Adreani? Do you feel that it is still an independent operating crew?
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

I had originally posted this in the St. Louis Family info thread but I think it should belong here. I have never seen Joe Cinquemani's name in FBI reports until now and it states the informant said he was an LCN member. I'm assuming Chicago LCN since a 1930 newspaper article I had posted about previously stated he was a "Cicero gangster." We know that he died in Galesburg, Illinois under the name Baucino. Perhaps another early Chicago "sleeper?"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

cavita wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:04 pm I had originally posted this in the St. Louis Family info thread but I think it should belong here. I have never seen Joe Cinquemani's name in FBI reports until now and it states the informant said he was an LCN member. I'm assuming Chicago LCN since a 1930 newspaper article I had posted about previously stated he was a "Cicero gangster." We know that he died in Galesburg, Illinois under the name Baucino. Perhaps another early Chicago "sleeper?"
Great find!

Hard to say what his affiliation was. Per his obituary in 1964, he lived in Galesburg since immigrating to the US in 1907, but that wasn’t true. At least through 1918, he lived in Little Sicily in Chicago, and probably was still living in Chicago in 1930. In 1942, he was registered on his WW2 draft card as living in Rockford, under the name Joseph Cinguemani Baucino. By the early 1950s at the latest, he was in Galesburg. He may have been a Chicago member who transferred to Rockford, or may have kept his Chicago affiliation the whole time. Galesburg also makes it difficult, as we know that both Chicago and Rockford had connections around Peoria and other areas of Central IL.

Interesting that along with Cinquemani we also have seen that Tony Caronna was likely a relative of Musso who was also connected to Cicero.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:11 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:36 pm
NorthBuffalo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:59 am
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:23 pm
Ivan wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:08 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:14 pm We’ve gone over this quite a bit in the past and no new sources of evidence have surfaced since those prior discussions. Sometimes these Chicago discussions start to feel like Groundhog Day.
Hmm. Perhaps it might be a good idea for someone to make a Chicago FAQ? (I mean someone competent, not me. :lol: )

Could just compile the most common questions that keep coming up (literally frequently asked questions) and sticky them in the main forum. If someone asks one of the common questions you could just link the FAQ instead of having to type out the answer again (which, don't get me wrong, is appreciated).

Might save you guys work over time.
I agree. I feel some potentially good conversations get lost with the same questions over and over. For example this potential Russian Organized Crime shaking down massage parlors along with the Bobby Dominic and Weiss connection is fascinating and is getting lost with this consigliere question that comes up often.
Do you guys know any potential connections of this corrupt CPD officer John Adreani? His name is also surfacing on this thing. From my read of the Outfit, its often the sons and relatives of mob guys who get caught with corruption - like the Amabile grandson in Melrose Park who was taking bets as a cop.
Adreani is a grand ave guy. He was in the 13th district for years. Got fired from CPD for gambling. He knows all the grand ave guys and is probably aligned with them. An interesting note is that Cassano also owns a sweepstakes machine company.
@patrickgold...

You always seem to have a solid handle with stuff on the ground in Chicago. Grand Ave seems to be one of those areas where we don't have a lot of names outside of the obvious. We know a lot of the cicero guys, EP guys, and a handful of the chinatown guys. Do you have any insights for Grand outside of Vena, Spina, Paulie K, Bobby P. and his son, and apparently John Adreani? Do you feel that it is still an independent operating crew?
Yes, I do think they are their own crew. With that being said, it does get very confusing. Fratto and Spina meet weekly. I also know Spina meets with Tony Dote weekly too. Some would say that Spina must be part of the EP crew which there has been rumors that EP and Grand have merged which has already been talked about on this forum. I have heard other names but rather not post them on the forum bc truthfully I don’t know them very well to confirm and some of them have never been on an outfit chart. Adreani is certainly a part of grand ave. His sweepstakes machine business supply all of grand ave area, Richard’s bar included. I have even seen his machines way north like around Lincoln Square and Albany Park.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Really interesting info, @patrickgold. Thanks

Completely understand about not putting names out there that are unverified. Also fascinating that Spina is meeting with both Dote and fratto on a regular basis.

Do you ever see Vena around? Does he show his face on grand Avenue these days?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

cavita wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:04 pm I had originally posted this in the St. Louis Family info thread but I think it should belong here. I have never seen Joe Cinquemani's name in FBI reports until now and it states the informant said he was an LCN member. I'm assuming Chicago LCN since a 1930 newspaper article I had posted about previously stated he was a "Cicero gangster." We know that he died in Galesburg, Illinois under the name Baucino. Perhaps another early Chicago "sleeper?"
Excellent find.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Anyone know why Paulie Carparelli's sentence was so light? Government wanted 11 years, and there's tons of recordings of him going out of his way to be the worst person in the world, but he only got a couple years. Struck me as odd.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ivan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:21 pm Anyone know why Paulie Carparelli's sentence was so light? Government wanted 11 years, and there's tons of recordings of him going out of his way to be the worst person in the world, but he only got a couple years. Struck me as odd.
I have some of his sentencing docs, I'll see how they calculated his.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Snakes wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:06 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:21 pm Anyone know why Paulie Carparelli's sentence was so light? Government wanted 11 years, and there's tons of recordings of him going out of his way to be the worst person in the world, but he only got a couple years. Struck me as odd.
I have some of his sentencing docs, I'll see how they calculated his.
cool, thanks
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

I posted in the Springfield Family 1963 forum about the gangland murder of Charles Supino in Streator, Illinois in 1937 and it mentioned that Supino was employed in a pool hall in Streator that was owned by a Philip Oliver. I had found that Philip Oliver had a soft drink parlor in Streator in 1930 when he was approached by three Chicago men pretending to be federal prohibition agents and they obtained $800 from Oliver. The three men were Ralph Scala, 25, Fred Vanucci, 24, and Thomas Walsh. Vanucci and Walsh were sentenced to eight years each and Scala was free on $15,000 bond at the time. Digging deeper I found the following:

Regarding Vanucci, he was arrested with John J. Ryan, 26 and Harold Ardner, 24, both of Cicero for slot machine thefts on December 22, 1937 in Rockford from the Lovera Inn and they were identified as the thieves who took slot machines from the Town Hall Tavern just north of Rockford the same month. The trio had entered the taverns pretending to be federal agents and “confiscated” the slot machines. Vanucci gave his name as Fred Santo.

The trio was arrested in Aurora when they were caught prying two slot machines loose from their stands in the Homestead Tavern on the eastern outskirts of Aurora, Illinois. Ardner told police after the money boxes were looted, the machines were reconditioned and sold in Chicago. On February 25, 1938 Vanucci was released from jail in Rockford after paying a $150 fine and on May 31, 1938 he was shot in the back with twelve .38 caliber slugs and dumped from a speeding car four miles east of Crete, Illinois. Vanucci, 31, had his hands and feet bound with clothesline and when Will County authorities found his car abandoned on a western Crete township road five miles away, its lights were still burning leaving authorities to determine he was killed only five hours before his body was found.

As for Scala, he and his brother owned a meat packing company when on February 3, 1949 he accidentally shot and killed his brother Robert in their business when he mistook Robert for a burglar. This situation makes sense since in April 1948 Ralph was robbed at his place of business by two masked men who got away with $700 so no charges were brought against Ralph. However, in November 1953 Ralph was arrested as part of seven butchers who shared part of 2,600 pounds of meat stolen from an East St. Louis, Illinois trucker. Also arrested with Scala was Louis Ozzauto, 30, and John Bottigliero, 30, two of Scala’s employees; James Auriene, 41, a west side meat market operator and his employee John Butler, 40, as well as Albert Brown, 39 and Anthony Tisbo, another butcher shop owner. Scala passed away in Chicago in May 1970.

I suspect that Vanucci was killed because perhaps some of the slot machines he took belonged to the syndicate in Rockford and/ or Chicago. The Lovera Inn in Rockford was owned at one time by Peter Sanfilippo, early Rockford LCN heavy and may have still had connections to that group in the late 1930s and the Town Hall Tavern at least in the 1960s I found was Rockford LCN-connected and may have been as early as the 1930s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:23 pm Really interesting info, @patrickgold. Thanks

Completely understand about not putting names out there that are unverified. Also fascinating that Spina is meeting with both Dote and fratto on a regular basis.

Do you ever see Vena around? Does he show his face on grand Avenue these days?
I’ll be honest. I never see Vena. I think I saw him once at Richards about 5 or so years ago. He was there talking with Bobby Dominic. Other than that, never. But I’m also not on Grand ave all the time cruising up and down it actively looking for him. I did hear he is very low key now and doesn’t go out as much and stays out in Elgin. One thing i can say, everyone that talks about him will tell you he’s dangerous and did some heavy work.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Did you guys go over this case yet of Michael frontier from March 2023
https://casetext.com/case/united-states-v-frontier-1
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

..."This case arises out of the FBI's years-long investigation of the Chicago organized crime family, better known as the Chicago Outfit and, more specifically, the Outfit's “street crew” known as the Elmwood Park Street Crew. [74-1] at 33..."
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:32 pm Did you guys go over this case yet of Michael frontier from March 2023
https://casetext.com/case/united-states-v-frontier-1
Yeah we discussed Frontier and related stuff back in May. As a matter of fact, you posted this same case file link at that time.

viewtopic.php?p=261184&hilit=Frontier#p261184
Last edited by PolackTony on Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”