Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:05 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:47 pm
NickleCity wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:30 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:17 pm
Doc's son is an associate at minimum
Who is “Doc’s” son? I know David Alessi is a longtime manager at LaNova, but don’t know if/how he is related.
He is Docs son. George as well I think
Do you have a link or source for this? Not saying you are wrong if you don’t. Just love to have it if you do.
What I have heard
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:55 pm Thoughts on the D'Amicos Nickle?
Don’t know if I have any right now. Just some spurious references to a couple corrupt cops, a man indicted in a cocaine ring in NF US and another later involved other cocaine in NF Canada . Used to be a pizza shop owner.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Alessis are also related to the Cammilleris
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:15 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:55 pm Thoughts on the D'Amicos Nickle?
Don’t know if I have any right now. Just some spurious references to a couple corrupt cops, a man indicted in a cocaine ring in NF US and another later involved other cocaine in NF Canada . Used to be a pizza shop owner.
Yes.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:30 am
UTC wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:54 pm A pole up the ass, but that only covers two of them. I'm out of ammo.
LOL...

Here is what we know these individuals are all connected to Gerace in some capacity according to the Buffalo News.
1. The police officer is Daniel Derenda. He wrote a letter of leniency for Gerace's 2006 conviction in which he states, "We think so highly of Gerace that we asked him to be godfather to our daughter XXXXXX last year." Derenda later became Buffalo Police Chief. See: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... b5492.html The priest and the judge below are mentioned in this article as well.

2. The priest was Rev. Joseph F. Moreno Jr. He, also wrote a letter of leniency for Gerace. A few year later he commits suicide by a self-inflicted gunshot wound, but his relatives insist he was murdered. He had nearly 1/2 million in debt. I've heard it was gambling related--but that is rumor.
See article above the following:
https://buffalonews.com/news/local/fami ... 55d31.html
https://buffalonews.com/news/police-inv ... 1825a.html
https://buffalonews.com/news/local/more ... b099c.html
https://buffalonews.com/news/a-well-lov ... d1b44.html

3. The judge is Michalski. He appeared to be committing suicide by laying in front of the slow moving freight train. When a lawyer he allegedly did legal work for Gerace's club and the two became friends. In addition, he is alleged to have conducted an illegal marriage (Gerace & Katrina Nigro who stripped and had an adult store at Pharaoh's night club) for which he was supposedly paid $5000 by Gerace "to help his kids with college." To make matters worse, the money given to the judge is significantly more than the $100 the courts allow to do a wedding. See: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... 18210.html

It all sounds like a bad joke to me--LOL.
Unless I'm missing something, I find the news blackout on Michalski shocking.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

UTC wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:20 pm
I do find it a little odd, but maybe there is nothing "newsworthy" to report yet. "His leg has healed and back on the job?" "His leg has healed and not back on the job." I hope it's because there is nothing to report.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Here is what we know about the Coppola’s involvement in the Buffalo underworld of the 1930’s.

Salvatore “Sam” “Scarface” Coppola
—Alleged Lieutenant in the DiCarlo Gang
—Number 4 on Public Enemy List
—Indicted in “Booze Racket” along with John Fina, but not convicted
—Arrested in “Slot War”

Frankie, Steve, Sam, and Iggy Coppola in attendance at party thrown to raise money to pay for the legal defense of counterfeiters Anthony “Baby Face” Palmisano and Joseph Fuffino. Hunt writes:
An honorary membership roll included names familiar to local law enforcement: Joseph Gatti, John Tronolone, Joseph DiCarlo, Salvatore Pieri, Steve Pieri. Other names on the roll were Steve, Sam, Iggy and Frankie Coppola; James “Julie” Caputo; Joseph and Horace Pieri; Johnnie Fina; Sam Brancato; John Cammilleri and Sam “Doc” Alessi.

**This information not my own. It is from Thoms Hunt’s book on DiCarlo: Buffalo’s First Family of Crime

I do not know if Lee is in anyway related to the 1930’s gangsters. However, given the fact that there tends to be longstanding family connections to the mafia, this needs to be investigated, especially given the fact that Lee has “a close relation” in the mafia that protected and he has had “contacts on the fringes of and in the mafia” feeding him information.

—Contacts and sources: See the 60 minute mark of this YouTube video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=AvOtVM3Zais

—Close family relation in mafia protecting him: See the 42 minute mark of this video: https://youtu.be/rQd_MfsCPlI

Lee Coppola’s grandfather was Vincent “Jim” Coppola.
—B. 1869 in Termini Imerese Palermo Sicily
—D. 1955
—Son of Salvadore (b.1837, d. 1891 in Termini Imerese Sicily)
—Son of Rosa Geraci (b. 1847 in Sicily, d. 1914 in Buffalo, NY
His Grandfather’s Wives:
—Lorneza Cusimano
—Giavnna Cosmano
His Grandfather’s Brothers:
—August (b. ???, d. ???)
—Ignazio (b. 1865 in Sicily, d. 1943)
—Pasquale (b. 1880, d. 1975)
—Giuseppe (b. 1886 in Sicily, d. 1965 in California)
—Salvadore (b. 1883, d. 1864)
—Vincenzo (b. 1869 in Sicily, d. 1996)
His Grandfather’s Sons:
—Sam (b. 1900, d. 1952)
—Jim (b. 1909, d. 1959)
—Steve (???, ???)
—Ignatius (???, ???)
—Frank (b. 1911, d. 1988) —Lee’s Dad
—Leonard (Paul) (b. 1915, d. 2000)
—Private…. ???

Lee’s Paternal Great Uncle Salvadore (Sam?) would have been 68 at time of “Booze” indictment in 1931

Lee’s Paternal Uncle Sam would have been 31 years old at time of “Booze” indictment in 1931

Lee’s Dad Frank (Frankie??) would have been 22 at the time of the “party” to raise money for the counterfeiters in 1933.

Anyone have information that could definitely rule out Lee’s family in favor of another family or families? Anyone have information that would definitively point to Lee’s dad and uncles?
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:33 pm Here is what we know about the Coppola’s involvement in the Buffalo underworld of the 1930’s.

Salvatore “Sam” “Scarface” Coppola
—Alleged Lieutenant in the DiCarlo Gang
—Number 4 on Public Enemy List
—Indicted in “Booze Racket” along with John Fina, but not convicted
—Arrested in “Slot War”

Frankie, Steve, Sam, and Iggy Coppola in attendance at party thrown to raise money to pay for the legal defense of counterfeiters Anthony “Baby Face” Palmisano and Joseph Fuffino. Hunt writes:
An honorary membership roll included names familiar to local law enforcement: Joseph Gatti, John Tronolone, Joseph DiCarlo, Salvatore Pieri, Steve Pieri. Other names on the roll were Steve, Sam, Iggy and Frankie Coppola; James “Julie” Caputo; Joseph and Horace Pieri; Johnnie Fina; Sam Brancato; John Cammilleri and Sam “Doc” Alessi.

**This information not my own. It is from Thoms Hunt’s book on DiCarlo: Buffalo’s First Family of Crime

I do not know if Lee is in anyway related to the 1930’s gangsters. However, given the fact that there tends to be longstanding family connections to the mafia, this needs to be investigated, especially given the fact that Lee has “a close relation” in the mafia that protected and he has had “contacts on the fringes of and in the mafia” feeding him information.

—Contacts and sources: See the 60 minute mark of this YouTube video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=AvOtVM3Zais

—Close family relation in mafia protecting him: See the 42 minute mark of this video: https://youtu.be/rQd_MfsCPlI

Lee Coppola’s grandfather was Vincent “Jim” Coppola.
—B. 1869 in Termini Imerese Palermo Sicily
—D. 1955
—Son of Salvadore (b.1837, d. 1891 in Termini Imerese Sicily)
—Son of Rosa Geraci (b. 1847 in Sicily, d. 1914 in Buffalo, NY
His Grandfather’s Wives:
—Lorneza Cusimano
—Giavnna Cosmano
His Grandfather’s Brothers:
—August (b. ???, d. ???)
—Ignazio (b. 1865 in Sicily, d. 1943)
—Pasquale (b. 1880, d. 1975)
—Giuseppe (b. 1886 in Sicily, d. 1965 in California)
—Salvadore (b. 1883, d. 1864)
—Vincenzo (b. 1869 in Sicily, d. 1996)
His Grandfather’s Sons:
—Sam (b. 1900, d. 1952)
—Jim (b. 1909, d. 1959)
—Steve (???, ???)
—Ignatius (???, ???)
—Frank (b. 1911, d. 1988) —Lee’s Dad
—Leonard (Paul) (b. 1915, d. 2000)
—Private…. ???

Lee’s Paternal Great Uncle Salvadore (Sam?) would have been 68 at time of “Booze” indictment in 1931

Lee’s Paternal Uncle Sam would have been 31 years old at time of “Booze” indictment in 1931

Lee’s Dad Frank (Frankie??) would have been 22 at the time of the “party” to raise money for the counterfeiters in 1933.

Anyone have information that could definitely rule out Lee’s family in favor of another family or families? Anyone have information that would definitively point to Lee’s dad and uncles?
This looks to be Steve...

Source: Mafia: The Government's Secret File on Organized Crime
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Sorry not Steve son of Vincent, but perhaps a son of Vincent' brother Salvadore.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:44 am Sorry not Steve son of Vincent, but perhaps a son of Vincent' brother Salvadore.
Still think he may be Steve the son of Vincent, because it talks about his brother Sam being well respected by WNY mafioso. Hunt indicates Sam was a Lieutenant.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:48 am
NickleCity wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:44 am Sorry not Steve son of Vincent, but perhaps a son of Vincent' brother Salvadore.
Still think he may be Steve the son of Vincent, because it talks about his brother Sam being well respected by WNY mafioso. Hunt indicates Sam was a Lieutenant.
I'm going to chalk it up to a family not related to Lee right not, but keep researching.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

So, more research and I think Steve "Stephan" F Coppola could be Vincent's Son. It appears his wives (Mammie Arrigo and Elenor Feraci or Josephine Farece (same pronunciation last name? ) are somewhat a match in both the summary on Govt. Secrets of Organized Crime and online genealogies. However the father doesn't. In the book on Govt. Secrets of Organized Crime his father is Salvatore and in Genealogies it is Vincent. Genealogies have him born unknown & October 7 1904. The book has his birth as October 28,

eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:54 am So, more research and I think Steve "Stephan" F Coppola could be Vincent's Son. It appears his wives (Mammie Arrigo and Elenor Feraci or Josephine Farece (same pronunciation last name? ) are somewhat a match in both the summary on Govt. Secrets of Organized Crime and online genealogies. However the father doesn't. In the book on Govt. Secrets of Organized Crime his father is Salvatore and in Genealogies it is Vincent. Genealogies have him born unknown & October 7 1904. The book has his birth as October 28,
Here's the marriage license. Hope it helps you out.

1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

eboli wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:04 pm
Here's the marriage license. Hope it helps you out.

1.jpg
That helps, thanks Eboli!
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:45 pm
UTC wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:20 pm
I do find it a little odd, but maybe there is nothing "newsworthy" to report yet. "His leg has healed and back on the job?" "His leg has healed and not back on the job." I hope it's because there is nothing to report.
Ask and you shall receive the new article on judge and train: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... -top-story