General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by JeremyTheJew »

same time period- Casso told members of they killed someone they'd be made
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:14 pm same time period- Casso told members of they killed someone they'd be made
Man i wonder if its ever been done recently, but just not reported. Guys used to require u to make ur bones so that they can 100% trust u. Would be useful in today’s mob, since guys are very untrustworthy. Could be possible that whoever clipped anthony seccafico in 2009 could have been rewarded with an induction. But thats just speculation.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:40 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:22 pm Anyone know the last known time an associate was required to kill someone to become a made member?
My Guess would be Columbo war.
The thing is, the Colombos didn't make anybody from 1991-2000. Unless you believe Larry Mazza, in which case you're right.

Even later than the Colombo War was Dino Calabro having to whack Bill Cutolo (and possibly Ralph Dols) in order to get inducted.
The same year as the Wild Bill hit was John Spirito getting made for helping whack George from Canada.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

slimshady_007 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:22 pm Anyone know the last known time an associate was required to kill someone to become a made member?
The correct wording should be "INVOLVED in the killing of someone". The new member didn't have to actually pull the trigger.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Confederate wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:28 pm
The correct wording should be "INVOLVED in the killing of someone". The new member didn't have to actually pull the trigger.
it's actually a myth tho. if u think about it, it just wasn't possible for all 300 Gambino fam to have Been involved in a murder. so the reason they said this myth came about was bc ig back then if u participated in a murder u couldn't get immunity
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... g-guy/amp/
Interesting story i found the other day. A little old, but is very intriguing. Guess bein a retard is a gene in the persicos since the persico grandson attacked the wrong dude. Wonder who he thought it was and why he decided to attack. Maybe colombo business?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:28 pm
The thing is, the Colombos didn't make anybody from 1991-2000. Unless you believe Larry Mazza, in which case you're right.

Even later than the Colombo War was Dino Calabro having to whack Bill Cutolo (and possibly Ralph Dols) in order to get inducted.
The same year as the Wild Bill hit was John Spirito getting made for helping whack George from Canada.
Good points on Calabro and Spirito.
Regards the Columbo wars reference, guys like big anthony Russo and Gurrera (offered) were getting their buttons in the 2000’s from participating in hits from the war IIRC.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Regards the Columbo wars reference, guys like big anthony Russo and Gurrera (offered) were getting their buttons in the 2000’s from participating in hits from the war IIRC.
Frank Guerra was a longtime earner for Teddy Persico Jr. and a close associate of Little Allie Boy Persico. He was like Little Allie Boy's secretary, according to Chris Paciello, even when Allie Boy was acting boss. I think he would have been sponsored for induction whether he took part in the Scopo hit or not.
On top of this, Big Anthony Russo was also a longtime loanshark and earner under Teddy Persico Jr. and Michael Persico.
But I believe Big Anthony was pushing to be made in the 1990s because of the Scopo hit, and complained about it to higher-ups.

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:04 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Frank Guerra was a longtime earner for Teddy Persico Jr. and a close associate of Little Allie Boy Persico. He was like Little Allie Boy's secretary, according to Chris Paciello, even when Allie Boy was acting boss. I think he would have been sponsored for induction whether he took part in the Scopo hit or not.
On top of this, Big Anthony Russo was also a longtime loanshark and earner under Teddy Persico Jr. and Michael Persico.
But I believe Big Anthony was pushing to be made in the 1990s because of the Scopo hit, and complained about it to higher-ups.
The fact that an associate was the colombo acting boss’s right hand man rlly shows how disorganized the colombos were following the 3rd war.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Good info Gohn. Always a pleasure interacting.👍
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:07 pm Good info Gohn. Always a pleasure interacting.👍
Same goes to you Sonny 8-)
slimshady_007 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:33 pm The fact that an associate was the colombo acting boss’s right hand man rlly shows how disorganized the colombos were following the 3rd war.
Unfortunately for him, he's an associate by circumstance. He was proposed for induction in the 1990s but, as I said before, the Colombo's books were closed from 1991-Feb. 2000, and in January 2000, Guerra was arrested for dealing coke. I would bet money that BF was slated to be made in that Feb. 2000 ceremony, but he was sent behind bars until 2007. By then, he got a bit reluctant to be made, telling Tommy McLaughlin: "sometimes I wonder if it's even fucking worth it," or words to that effect. Nevertheless, he was scheduled to be made in Dec. 2010 until the ceremony was cancelled due to the upcoming indictments, and now Guerra has been behind bars since 2011 with a scheduled release date of 2021.

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Colombos even recently make off decisions like Ralph DeLeo. Associate to Acting Boss.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:38 pm Colombos even recently make off decisions like Ralph DeLeo. Associate to Acting Boss.
I think it was Associate - Soldier - Acting Boss if I'm not mistaken.

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:41 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:38 pm Colombos even recently make off decisions like Ralph DeLeo. Associate to Acting Boss.
he was not a soldier (or made) ...or possibly not even a asso when he met Allie boy.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:47 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:41 pm
he was not a soldier (or made) ...or possibly not even a asso when he met Allie boy.
Do you mean he associated with Allie Boy when he was only an associate? Or do you mean he was inducted straight from associate to acting boss?