New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:26 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:13 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:59 pm Frank Manzo blocked Al D’Arco from getting made his first time proposed and he tried to do it again the second time he was proposed but Joe Schiavo who was sponsoring D’Arco reached out to Joe Rosato to resolve the matter which he did and D’Arco was made.
Was a reason given?
Manzo said something like 'he's nothing but an ice cream salesman' but by the second time around D'Arco had done some time and expanded his criminal repertoire. Joe Reese pushed for him and Joe Palisades got him across the finish line. This is all from D'Arco's book.
Cheers JS
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
axx
Straightened out

Post by axx »

I'm having a hard time understanding how Rosato, who was nearing 40 in 1942 and who is one of those other old timers mentioned in Valachi's memoirs, fits into the story of 3 horny youths tricking some local girls into their cars to then try to rape them in a secluded spot. I don't know much more about the story beyond the OCshortz's video, but I don't remember Rosato being mentioned in there or in any of the girls' testimonies.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I recall the girl specifically identified Furnari in court, too.
bn
Straightened out

Post by bn »

New post on Joseph 'Joe Curly' Agone.

The post mentions that Matthew Ianniello was acting underboss and John Ardito was still Consigliere as of June 1979.

Also interesting is that Harry Lanza is still listed as a captain. This suggests that Thomas Maiorana was given a seperate crew, not that he succeeded Lanza. Both were listed as captains in April 1974.
JoelTurner
Full Patched

Post by JoelTurner »

That was a great article, I’m gassed he found a picture of Thomas Pecora. I’ve never seen one before
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

JoelTurner wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:22 am That was a great article, I’m gassed he found a picture of Thomas Pecora. I’ve never seen one before
Agreed. He has an amazing talent for finding never before seen pictures.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
bn
Straightened out

Post by bn »

New post on Genovese member Anthony DeMartino.
bn
Straightened out

Post by bn »

The post mentions one Andrew 'Benny the Old Man' Benzola as a member of the Harlem crew. This is probably who the "Joe Benzola" phonetic name is referring to. The FBI dead list carries a Andrew Joseph Benzola (1915 - 1984).
quadtree
Straightened out

Post by quadtree »

Two new biographies from LCN Bios:

Frank Pelliccio:
lcnbios.blogspot.com/2024/08/frank-pelliccio-genovese.html

Louis Barbella:
lcnbios.blogspot.com/2024/08/louis-barbella-genovese.html

Interesting:
Louis Barbella's biography claims that Colombo member Jimmy Angellino, killed in 1988, was the son of Genovese captain James Angelina.

Rocco Pellegrino's crew in the 1960s included Frank Pelliccio, and Rocco Pellegrino's sons Carmine and Peter, there are no mentions of other crew members. Seems like a pretty small crew for such a powerful captain. Does this mean that Pellegrino's crew split in the 1950s and most of the members left with Angelina, Alo and others?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

quadtree wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:07 pm
Rocco Pellegrino's crew in the 1960s included Frank Pelliccio, and Rocco Pellegrino's sons Carmine and Peter, there are no mentions of other crew members.
Including doesn’t mean only, he definitely had more members in his crew.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

New bios on Lucchese soldier John Trematerra and Genovese soldier Joseph Calabro:

https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/
bn
Straightened out

Post by bn »

Surprising that he lists Alexander DiBrizzi as a Genovese in Calabro's bio.

Rosario Palmieri was believed to be acting captain for Anthony DiLorenzo at the time, but interestingly, another source said he was under DeFeo. Is it possible for a soldier from another crew to be acting captain?
quadtree
Straightened out

Post by quadtree »

bn wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:41 pm Surprising that he lists Alexander DiBrizzi as a Genovese in Calabro's bio.

Rosario Palmieri was believed to be acting captain for Anthony DiLorenzo at the time, but interestingly, another source said he was under DeFeo. Is it possible for a soldier from another crew to be acting captain?
A family member can be "borrowed" by another family, so I will assume that a crew can also borrow a soldier from another crew. But this is a pure assumption by analogy, in practice this could or could not be the case. But it is known for sure that the captain of one crew can be the acting captain of another.

Calabro's biography mentions a plot against Genovese involving Thomas Eboli and two other men, one from the Bronx and one from Manhattan. Who do you think he's referring to?
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

New bios on Gambino member: Joseph Serao
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

quadtree wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:17 pm Serao's biography claims that Francesco Rizzo received Pietro Stincone's crew.
I speculated a while back that there could be a link between those crews as Rizzo was from Canicatti like Stincone and the Canicattesi were tight-knit. Gaetano Trupia was an early captain from Canicatti and Salvatore Tornabe may have been a captain as well circa Apalachin.