General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Southshore88
Straightened out

Re: Ken Eto Article - NEW

Post by Southshore88 »

I agree, thanks for posting. Was a very interesting read of a longtime Chicago associate
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Patrickgold »

The place on Lexington and Racine was not the survivors club that the Wild Bunch were working out of. It could have easily moved though. The Survivor’s club where Aleman worked out of was were Busy Burger is now. Interesting story about the club on Lexington and Racine. I knew some cops that worked that area and about 10 or so years ago and some blacks were in front of the club and asked someone outside smoking if he wanted to buy drugs. The people in the club came out and beat the shit out of them really bad. They were all unconscious when they arrived and their pockets were turned inside out. They beat them up and took their drugs and money and then went back inside and turned the lights off and locked the doors. The blacks were taken to the hospital. They didn’t mess around in that club.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:14 am I didn't realize it was officially a club lol...always looked like an apartment that dudes hung out at lol.

I thought the old Survivor's club is where that chinese restaurant is occupying? Also, is the quote function fucked up for anyone else?
Yes it was an official club. The last in the Taylor street area unfortunately. Rent is just too high to have a members only club. Survivors Club was where busy burger is now. I’ll try to find an old picture. Quote function is messed up. I deleted all the prior quotes bc of thay
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

funkster wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:16 am
Coloboy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:38 pm Snakes- this may be a topic of a future episode, but what is your opinion about DiFronzo‘s role between 94 when he got out of prison until his death? I know there is not a lot of good official information on this out there. There’s a few nuggets here and there, such as a law enforcement report that Sarno was kicking tribute up to him sometime around 2008 or 2009, Carparelli feared crossing him with the Melrose Park car dealer situation in like 2012, and an FBI report (I believe this one may have come through gangster report) that he met with a bunch of grand Avenue guys around 2006 at a restaurant. Then we have the well-known Chuck Goudie interview at that restaurant in River Grove in 2009, which certainly seemed like some type of meeting considering all of the guys who were there.

My only unofficial source was my grandfather, who got me interested in all this stuff in the first place. He lived in Elmwood Park until he died about a year ago at 92. He wasn’t really involved per se, but grew up with all of those guys , was full blood Sicilian, and was part of that era and culture. He knew DiFronzo, Lombardo, and D’Amico socially. I won’t go into it, but I once witnessed an interesting social interaction he had with D’Amico at Da Luciano’s In River Grove. For what it’s worth, he always heard from his old man breakfast club buddies that DiFronzo was at least officially the boss longer than most think until Alzheimer’s got him. Take that for whatever it’s worth .
Lol you should totally go into the interaction! :p
Grandfather was a few years older than D’Amico. During dinner Marco came up to our table and said something along the lines of “hey! I know this guy, I used to wash his car growing up. How you doin” etc.

Later when we asked for the check, the waitress told us everything was taken care of. D’Amico had paid the bill.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Gotta love reddit. This poster has been posting a ton of stuff in the mafia page and had this to say about the Outfit currently:
"Highly active highly powerful highly lucrative. They are also now more secretive than ever before. Many of the key players in the outfit are completely unknown to the media or the public. Most of the associates are completely unknown. The only new age outfit guys that are known are guys like Panozzo and Carparelli because they were publicly caught and labeled outfit guys, but there’s a million guys just like them.

They have serious political power all over Illinois and especially in certain Chicagoland suburbs, and they control many lucrative businesses. They have been losing traction in the unions in recent years it seems however. They also are no longer killing people or extorting as many people as they used to. And most of the outfit guys are all operating legitimate businesses, some more successful than others, but they still run rackets all over Chicagoland. It’s really become more like an Italian Illuminati than a group of street gangsters.

They are also actively involved in the 9 families commission across the country, Genovese Gambino Chicago and Lucchese being the top families."
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Who has been posting that on Reddit?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:14 am I didn't realize it was officially a club lol...always looked like an apartment that dudes hung out at lol.

I thought the old Survivor's club is where that chinese restaurant is occupying? Also, is the quote function fucked up for anyone else?
You’re actually right. It’s where the Chinese restaurant was. At least that is where it was when Aleman and his crew were there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:01 pm

You’re actually right. It’s where the Chinese restaurant was. At least that is where it was when Aleman and his crew were there.
Yep, that's the one I've always known it as. I want to eat there just to see what it's like inside lol. I've never heard that it was at Racine and Lexington as Sonny C said, though as mentioned there was a club there up until about five years ago.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:08 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:01 pm

Yep, that's the one I've always known it as. I want to eat there just to see what it's like inside lol. I've never heard that it was at Racine and Lexington as Sonny C said, though as mentioned there was a club there up until about five years ago.
These clubs are known to change locations bc of rent so I guess it’s possible that it was there on Lexington and might have even been where busy burger was at one point. The club that just closed was at two different locations at one time. They might be moving to a 4th location if they can find a cheap enough spot. They usually go where the lower rent is.

Sorry but your hopes are seeing what the inside of the old survivor club looks like will be delayed a little. China Night Cafe looks to be permanently closed. Hopefully it reopens as a Italian place and then we can see what the inside looks like lol
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

LOL. wah wah.

Let us know if, when, and where the 4th location is lol.
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Bridgeport still has like 7 clubs lol
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:51 pm Bridgeport still has like 7 clubs lol
Belmont and Harlem area too even though two have recently changed to Albanian
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:53 pm
NickyEyes1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:51 pm Bridgeport still has like 7 clubs lol
Which ones? Harlem and Belmont probably has more like 15
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Got to be some in Addison still too.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:54 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:53 pm
Which ones? Harlem and Belmont probably has more like 15
The one on forest Preserve drive closer to Cumberland, just west of Addison. Also the one on Addison and Ozark. They changed over recently to Albanian. Your right there is 10 to 15 in the area